2018 Football Pre-season Top 10 Winter Edition 4a DI

RedRed

I believe the Dawgs have a great chance at thee in a row. 

Only have two questions,

who steps up at the linebacker spots and receiver spots. 

QB and running back could be the best in all of 4A  

Oline and Dline will be big, strong, and quick, among the best in 4A  

Secondary will be loaded again.

Argyle, the Ville, and LeVega will be good as usual  

Kilgore and Henderson will make deep runs again.

God Bless coaches, players, and fans  

• Thumbs Down 1

17 hours ago, PlayCaller10 said:

Kennedale is losing a ton of kids on the offensive side of the ball.  All of there oline & one of there great backs.  As well as there 2 best defensive players.  Dont think there underclassmen records were very good either.  Should be interesting to see how they end up.  Van after losing  Garrett Mosley should take a hit.  Anyone know if they have a good replacement for him?

Melissa is going to be very good, but probably fall just outside of the top 10.  

K will definitely have time to get their feet on the ground with their district schedule the way it is (as usual) ... but after they go undefeated and untested in district it will hard to tell how good they are once the playoffs begin because of who they played - especially going up against District 5 in the first round ... wonder who they scheduled in non-district?

18 hours ago, PlayCaller10 said:

Kennedale is losing a ton of kids on the offensive side of the ball.  All of there oline & one of there great backs.  As well as there 2 best defensive players.  Dont think there underclassmen records were very good either.  Should be interesting to see how they end up.  Van after losing  Garrett Mosley should take a hit.  Anyone know if they have a good replacement for him?

Melissa??? Are they Div. 1 now they wanna come play with the Big Boys huh? Now over here this is Carthage's World and the other schools just have to live in it..

3 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Melissa??? Are they Div. 1 now they wanna come play with the Big Boys huh? Now over here this is Carthage's World and the other schools just have to live in it..

Trust me. We’re well aware of Carthage’s capabilities, don’t know anybody that’s not aware of Carthage. But I think Melissa with the group they have coming back for the next two years should transition just fine to div. 1. 

22 hours ago, PlayCaller10 said:

Their JV could have beat most Varsity teams in our district.  They will be interesting with 1 stud RB still there and I believe their JV starter will see some action too

21 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I believe the Dawgs have a great chance at thee in a row. 

Only have two questions,

who steps up at the linebacker spots and receiver spots. 

It appears to me that the front-runners for a couple of the LB spots will be junior-to-be Rayvon Ingram (#6) and senior-to-be Jalen Brooks (#23).

I wonder if senior-to-be Jacorey Ware (#2) will play some WR next season.  His late brother was an outstanding WR on the 2010 state championship team (3 TD receptions in the championship game against Coldspring).  Jacorey had 3 interceptions last season in his first start (against Whitehouse) and 4 more in the first-round playoff game against Huffman-Hargrave.  (Not sure why they kept throwing at him.)

36 minutes ago, leadbrute said:

It appears to me that the front-runners for a couple of the LB spots will be junior-to-be Rayvon Ingram (#6) and senior-to-be Jalen Brooks (#23).

I wonder if senior-to-be Jacorey Ware (#2) will play some WR next season.  His late brother was an outstanding WR on the 2010 state championship team (3 TD receptions in the championship game against Coldspring).  Jacorey had 3 interceptions last season in his first start (against Whitehouse) and 4 more in the first-round playoff game against Huffman-Hargrave.  (Not sure why they kept throwing at him.)

There will be several incoming Soph’s that will battle for playing time at WR & LB positions this fall.

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

There will be several incoming Soph’s that will battle for playing time at WR & LB positions this fall.

If a certain DB has a small growth spurt, and someone else can play his DB position, he would make a really good LB -----plays hard with a mean streak

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

If a certain DB has a small growth spurt, and someone else can play his DB position, he would make a really good LB -----plays hard with a mean streak

I suspect there are several kids who are going to have “growth spurts” this spring/summer with off season weights & conditioning.  There will be some who play a different position in 2018 than they did in 2017 for the good of the team.

5 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I didn't see a single CHS freshman game last season, but from the little I saw of some of the freshmen during the first 3 or 4 varsity playoff games, I wouldn't be surprised to see incoming sophomores starting next season at DT, LB, and safety.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, leadbrute said:

I didn't see a single CHS freshman game last season, but from the little I saw of some of the freshmen during the first 3 or 4 varsity playoff games, I wouldn't be surprised to see incoming sophomores starting next season at DT, LB, and safety.

I don't know if the incoming junior and sophomore classes are going to be as good as this years seniors, but they will be close. I don't think either has lost a game in HS. 

19 minutes ago, oldwillie said:

What kind of progress is the Dixon lad making with his ankle rehab?  Will he be available for track this spring? We sure need him ready for football.

He is flying all over the basketball court so I suspect he'll be good to go