2A Region III Baseball

MUSTANGMANIA

On 2/14/2018 at 11:20 AM, MUSTANGMANIA said:

What are your thoughts on this?  Based off who I personally watched last year I think Linden-Kildare will be in the mix.  Kerens will be about the same as last years bunch.  And Woden will be solid.

L-K added the new principal’s son since last year. Heard he can pitch as well as play the infield. I know he is a good football and basketball player. 

On 2/18/2018 at 1:11 PM, trueblue82 said:

Keep an eye on Shelbyville. They’ve got one of the better pitchers in 2A, once he gets done with 🏀🏀. 

I watched LL and them last year in the playoffs they had good pitching and a really good team how many do they return this year. 

53 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

I watched LL and them last year in the playoffs they had good pitching and a really good team how many do they return this year. 

They get all of the pitchers back if my memory doesn’t fail me. The best one, Cole Ferguson, is still playing 🏀 for now. 

Grapeland will be a mixture of young and experienced guys. Some pretty good freshmen with some experienced upperclassmen could help them be more competitive this year. Graduated some talented seniors, but the team looked good in their scrimmage against Buffalo last week. That was also without three starting infielders.  I think the Sandies are playing Timpson in a double-header on Saturday.

19 hours ago, Blackswarm said:

Evadale and Big Sandy are both good teams. 

I knew evadale were returning a lot and had a great team last year. I’m guessing your talking about dallardsville big sandy. I thought they were losing quite a bit? Also I think they both aren’t in region 3 

2 hours ago, Lion1996 said:

I knew evadale were returning a lot and had a great team last year. I’m guessing your talking about dallardsville big sandy. I thought they were losing quite a bit? Also I think they both aren’t in region 3 

Kirbyville just scrimmaged Big Sandy Dallardsville and they got some kids that can throw. I believe the Hendricks kid is his name is in low 90’s and I believe is just a junior. They also have a couple lefty’s who can throw also. Kirbyville just beat Evadale in 10 innings on Monday they are good also. I would think Region 3 would what they are in. Both are right slap dab in the middle of Region 3 in other classifications but 2a could be different I don’t know

2 hours ago, Blackswarm said:

Kirbyville just scrimmaged Big Sandy Dallardsville and they got some kids that can throw. I believe the Hendricks kid is his name is in low 90’s and I believe is just a junior. They also have a couple lefty’s who can throw also. Kirbyville just beat Evadale in 10 innings on Monday they are good also. I would think Region 3 would what they are in. Both are right slap dab in the middle of Region 3 in other classifications but 2a could be different I don’t know

Big sandy is still playing basketball so I’d say they would get even better. It maybe a little while before their done playing basketball. You right they are in the middle of regional 3 they are in our basketball district. But last year they were region 4 in baseball. 

7 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

Big sandy is still playing basketball so I’d say they would get even better. It maybe a little while before their done playing basketball. You right they are in the middle of regional 3 they are in our basketball district. But last year they were region 4 in baseball. 

Crazy that they are in Region 4 for baseball 

13 hours ago, SMBALLER61 said:

Shelbyville will be the team to beat... After they win state in basketball their two D1 pitchers will join them.

Love the confidence, but the road to that title goes through Muenster. Actually, the road for both the basketball and baseball titles go through Muenster

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

Love the confidence, but the road to that title goes through Muenster. Actually, the road for both the basketball and baseball titles go through Muenster

Too many holes in the fielding and hitting department for Shelbyville to go far in Baseball. Will be in most Ball games. In Basketball I like our chances. Nobody has played a tougher schedule than Shelbyville or in a tougher District. 

34 minutes ago, fergton said:

Too many holes in the fielding and hitting department for Shelbyville to go far in Baseball. Will be in most Ball games. In Basketball I like our chances. Nobody has played a tougher schedule than Shelbyville or in a tougher District. 

I think y'all will be fine in both. Rooting for y'all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1