Mike Waldie resigns at Daingerfield to become OC at Pearland High School...

Smoaky

13 minutes ago, lloyd45 said:

How embarrassing. What an absolute joke. Gandy was so clearly the right hire. Committee and school board should be ashamed of themselves. HORRIBLE

Bradley is going to make someone a dang good head coach pretty soon. 

New guy won’t stand a chance.  People in the community wanted Mason or DA.    I watched some Mason called defensive games.   I think coaches on daingerfield’s next year schedule would have liked that hire too!   Lol.   Could the kids in today’s daingerfield take the coaching style of DA?    Good luck to the new guy because he’s going to need it to combat the unrealistic fan base.   

6 hours ago, stangstampede said:

New guy won’t stand a chance.  People in the community wanted Mason or DA.    I watched some Mason called defensive games.   I think coaches on daingerfield’s next year schedule would have liked that hire too!   Lol.   Could the kids in today’s daingerfield take the coaching style of DA?    Good luck to the new guy because he’s going to need it to combat the unrealistic fan base.   

Mason shouldn't have been an option. I see why they would hire within only because of a convenience yes man. What #### me off is the fact that if this is the best we can do for a hiring process then the problem starts a lil higher. I'm not arguing with a politician like yourself ;)

I'm just very unhappy with the way this was done. 

Daingerfield is a dumpsterfire. Town still living in the Alexander/Bowman eras. Nelson used politics to get to this point and is prolly the worst hire of the ones mentioned above.  Tell me the last time you’ve seen an honest hardworking politician. You haven’t and that’s what DField is getting. I agree with lloyd DField remains irrelevant. 

9 minutes ago, lloyd45 said:

You want to hire a guy who relates to kids and  is passionate about the sport. Thinks and talks ball 24/7. Dfield had their shot and screwed it up. So pathetic. Had a wide open layup and missed it. Enjoy mediocrity. 

How many head football coaches have you met that aren’t passionate or didn’t talk ball 24/7?   Relating to the kids is one thing not all may have especially in a town like daingerfield where every coach unless they won state ever year couldn’t relate because their fan base is hammering on the coach in front of the kids.    Sometimes it’s best for the people that are spoken so highly of to stay away.   There’s only 3 people in Texas qualified or has what it takes to relate or coach in daingerfield.   If any of those 3 came back then there would only be 2 qualified after about 3 years.   

• Like 1

“Relating” to Daingerfield kids is not the problem.  Most college educated adults can not and will not “relate” to the kids in rural ETX towns like Daingerfield.  

What Bowman did was understand those kids and offered them structure as didn’t waiver from it. 

Whoever the HC is at anytime in DF needs to do those 2 things before they do anything else.

7 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

“Relating” to Daingerfield kids is not the problem.  Most college educated adults can not and will not “relate” to the kids in rural ETX towns like Daingerfield.  

What Bowman did was understand those kids and offered them structure as didn’t waiver from it. 

Whoever the HC is at anytime in DF needs to do those 2 things before they do anything else.

Here’s the difference between those years bowman was there and since.   Self discipline of the kids.   I watched those guys quite a bit and they had self discipline.   Quite a few coaches would have been able to win with those players he had pure and simple.   It was a special group of players.    Right place right time for coaches has a lot to with how successful and how they are either put on a pedestal or said they can’t coach.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Sardinia, the Coach after Bowman took the boys to the Quarterfinals in his first year 2011 and lost to Melissa the eventual State Champion in a arguable game, the State Championship Game in 2012, losing to Cameron Yoe, and again to Quarterfinals in 2013. He had a 1-9 season in 2014, and a 7-5 season in 2015 and was called the worse coach ever. Around here it's State Champion or bust, no exceptions. Dfield is definitely a tough place to coach. I think Horn was qualified for the job. Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, EastTxFinest said:

He's not qualified

And was promised the job by the little fat man last football season. His words were  Waldie will be gone and he will get it and anyone that tries to stop him will be fired. So instead of coaching him and his little posse networked and made up lies in his favor. First person they used was fieldhouse man and and then carried it to the church where it took off. He expressed to the sup he runs the town and if it doesn’t happen she is fired. So she obeyed. It’s a shame not one decision maker at the school has any character to say no we have integrity and not gonna do things like this. It would be embarrassing to anyone with morals even to give him an interview. 

• Mr. P locked this topic