Mike Waldie resigns at Daingerfield to become OC at Pearland High School...

Smoaky

34 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Absolutely.  

If he's not committed,  then that's fine with me.  People may forget but Ward left us in bad shape because he left for Harleton during the summer,  we scrambled to find a replacement.  Horn left Brady,  which he had just joined in the middle of the previous year also after leaving Hubbard abruptly.  

So if he's going, then go.  That way it leaves Tenaha in a much better position to hire our next coach.

A man looking for a job in a larger classification, with more money, isn't a guy who is not committed. It's a guy looking to better himself and his family, just as you are. Teneha is a great job but not a long term job for anyone. It will always be a place where guys make their name, then move on to the next one. Instead of dusting Horn on the way out, try thanking him for what he has done there.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Greezychef said:

Absolutely.  

If he's not committed,  then that's fine with me.  People may forget but Ward left us in bad shape because he left for Harleton during the summer,  we scrambled to find a replacement.  Horn left Brady,  which he had just joined in the middle of the previous year also after leaving Hubbard abruptly.  

So if he's going, then go.  That way it leaves Tenaha in a much better position to hire our next coach.

Nature of the beast. Can’t be so sensitive. Few coaches stay forever in one place. Most coaches are trying to climb the ladder. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Stinger94 said:

Nature of the beast. Can’t be so sensitive. Few coaches stay forever in one place. Most coaches are trying to climb the ladder. 

Here is my last post on the subject.  I think y'all are looking for something that isn' there.  In no way am I upset that Horn would leave.  I look at it positively. He wants to advance,  that's completely fine.  I have done nothing but compliment the man and point out his many positive attributes.  I have not intentionally "dusted" him in any way.  

I would like for him to leave so that our coaching search could begin.  Is that being "sensitive" or sensible?

Good luck Dfield.  

24 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Here is my last post on the subject.  I think y'all are looking for something that isn' there.  In no way am I upset that Horn would leave.  I look at it positively. He wants to advance,  that's completely fine.  I have done nothing but compliment the man and point out his many positive attributes.  I have not intentionally "dusted" him in any way.  

I would like for him to leave so that our coaching search could begin.  Is that being "sensitive" or sensible?

Good luck Dfield.  

I understand completely.... some only look at it from 1 view. Good luck with yalls search.

4 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

I understand completely.... some only look at it from 1 view. Good luck with yalls search.

Thank you.  Their has been a lot of negativity associated with this thread.   I'm not trying to contribute to that in any way.  Anyone that knows me knows that I have a very direct manner.   Perhaps some of my posts were perceived in a negative fashion.  That is 100% not the case here.  

Again,  Horn is a great guy and coach that instills discipline in young people and approaches football with a defensive mindset.  Would be great at Dfield. 

This thread has been like watching NASCAR, few small wrecks throughout the process, then the BIG wreck (DA), finally somebody takes the checkered flag. 

Most of us really don't care who wins, we are just here for the wrecks and the fights! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 2

1 hour ago, EastTxFinest said:

It's coming lol... just waiting on confirmation 

It’s nelson. The little fat man confirmed it this morning.

If not the board meeting will be eventful and something worth seeing I’m sure. 

Give Nelson a chance if hes the guy..odbiously he wooed the board and commity if there was one. Stability is huge and Nelson wants to make a name for himself hes hungry and eager ..no better place than dfields..yall sing a different too if y'all make a run next year.. trying to run the guy off for the ink is dry.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

Give Nelson a chance if hes the guy..odbiously he wooed the board and commity if there was one. Stability is huge and Nelson wants to make a name for himself hes hungry and eager ..no better place than dfields..yall sing a different too if y'all make a run next year.. trying to run the guy off for the ink is dry.

If that's who they choose I'll support him like I've said before. He may be the next best coach. Idk... do you?

1 hour ago, FishinBM said:

It’s nelson. The little fat man confirmed it this morning.

If not the board meeting will be eventful and something worth seeing I’m sure. 

When did you have a conversation with The little fat man today? 

1 hour ago, EastTxFinest said:

If that's who they choose I'll support him like I've said before. He may be the next best coach. Idk... do you?

I never said you did.. just in general it seems to be a hot issue.

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic