2018 NY Yankees Official thread

DaveTV1

I know there aren't many Yankees fans on here, but since Stoneykelly picked them win the World Series this year I'll give my thoughts on the daily games.  It was sort of tough switching back and forth between the Astros and Yankees, but I didn't mind.  Giancarlo Stanton is bringing the wood this year with two home runs today, and his first hit was a home run for the New York Bombers.  This could be a new Murderers Row.  Brett Gardener also went deep.  Luis Severino had a very solid start with 5 2/3rds innings pitched with no runs allowed and only 1 hit.  Chapman shut Tor down in 9th with two strikeouts.   I don't like Aaron Boone's batting order however.  I think Judge should be batting 3rd , Stanton 4th, and Sanchez 5th.  It''s still a young year so hopefully he will adjust the batting order as the season goes along. 

Another solid night for the Yankees.  Instead of the top of the lineup bringing in the win it was the bottom half that pulled out a great game.  Masahiro Tanaka pitched a solid game with only a solo shot to Grichuk.  Brandon Drury gets the game ball for going 2-3 with 2 rbi's . Tyler Wade batting 9th also gets kudos for his two run double.  Aroldis Chapman is proving he might be the next Mariano Rivera mowing batters down in the 9th.  Just another night at the office for the pinstripes.  

• Like 1

Aaron Boone is terrible.  Why those in charge decided to make him the manager is beyond me.  He has talent on this team, but it's being wasted.  I called out the problem, let's just do what we're doing and it will click eventually.  It's time for a shakeup.  14-1  are you kidding me, he's almost as bad as Jason Garrett.  He needs to be :  

The Boone hiring was oddly not talked about when the preseason predictions were being made. I think people either a.) Assumed he would be good because the Yankees hired him, or b.) The team had the talent to win despite a subpar manager. 

Obviously this is a long season and things can change, but this is still a very young team that needs a strong manager. Hope this doesn't hurt the Yankees too much...

12 hours ago, topher805 said:

The Boone hiring was oddly not talked about when the preseason predictions were being made. I think people either a.) Assumed he would be good because the Yankees hired him, or b.) The team had the talent to win despite a subpar manager. 

Obviously this is a long season and things can change, but this is still a very young team that needs a strong manager. Hope this doesn't hurt the Yankees too much...

I didn't like his hiring from the start.  I've heard two different things about Joe leaving the team.  1) Cashman wanted him gone and 2) He wanted to spend more time with his family.  Hal Steinbrenner said that even if the Yankees had won the World Series Joe would have been fired, so I'm going with 1.  In essence it shouldn't matter how the lineup is set, but I think it matters a lot more than Aaron Boone does.  I'd have Judge batting 4th right now, and Stanton 5th.  I'd reverse it if Stanton was on a hot streak.  I knew we should have added a solid starter, but they didn't even seem to try to bring even a #4 in.  I know it's early, but we need to get on a streak fast.  

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

I didn't like his hiring from the start.  I've heard two different things about Joe leaving the team.  1) Cashman wanted him gone and 2) He wanted to spend more time with his family.  Hal Steinbrenner said that even if the Yankees had won the World Series Joe would have been fired, so I'm going with 1.  In essence it shouldn't matter how the lineup is set, but I think it matters a lot more than Aaron Boone does.  I'd have Judge batting 4th right now, and Stanton 5th.  I'd reverse it if Stanton was on a hot streak.  I knew we should have added a solid starter, but they didn't even seem to try to bring even a #4 in.  I know it's early, but we need to get on a streak fast.  

Pitching will be the big separator between the Yankees and Houston/Boston. 

7 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

I'm sure the Yanks turn it around soon, but man, the Red Sox are very good.

They need to do something, and idiot Boone still refuses to adjust the lineup.  It doesn't help that Stanton and Sanchez are slumping when they should be two that help carry this team.  Judge has improved a lot, but he only has 4 home runs so far in 16 games.  .500 ball isn't going to make the playoffs.  I want to know what the heck is wrong with Stanton though.  He's not playing at an All Star level at all.  

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:14 PM, DaveTV1 said:

They need to do something, and idiot Boone still refuses to adjust the lineup.  It doesn't help that Stanton and Sanchez are slumping when they should be two that help carry this team.  Judge has improved a lot, but he only has 4 home runs so far in 16 games.  .500 ball isn't going to make the playoffs.  I want to know what the heck is wrong with Stanton though.  He's not playing at an All Star level at all.  

If I were a Yankee fan, I would be glad he is slumping now than at the end of the season. He's just gotta make the adjustments.

• 2 weeks later...

This 7 game win streak is showing the team is starting to meld together.  I'm glad we're helping the Astros out.  As I stated last year, I don't care if the Stro's or Yankees make it to the World Series, because both teams are my teams.  I love the whipping of L.A. that has happened tonight.  I will admit I don't watch every game, but I do watch many.  It's still a young season, and things can change.  Go Yankees and Astros !!!