Whitney Open

BigSway

I think it’s a good job.... historically we’ve been horrible but we have enough talent to compete and we have a good bit of talent coming up through the ranks. We have some of the best facilities in 3A, a good board and Super. I believe the right coach can come in here and make us a playoff team in year 1. Whoever gets the job will definitely need to get participation levels up. 

• Like 2

No doubt about the facilities. Had the opportunity to watch them play in the playoffs a few years back and seems they have lots of good skill kids running around, just needed some bigger linemen. Wonder how that could change with someone able to maybe get kids out of the hallways.

Interesting to follow.

Whitney has made a commitment to the Athletic Progam as the town has proven with the new athletic facilities. The soon to be Junior class has talent including their qb who is 100% healthy and led them 2 rounds deep in basketball. The freshman class has kids that took a year off from football that need to be nudged back on the field. The 8th grade class were undefeated district champs in football. The timing is right for a new coaching staff to come in here and have some success. Are their some kids walking the hallways that need to be playing the answer is YES! We wish nothing but success to Coach Gilchrist in his new home. However, this town will embrace a new staff and get behind them and support them as this town is hungry for success.

• Like 2

On 4/6/2018 at 10:43 AM, WhitneyWildcatAlumni said:

Whitney has made a commitment to the Athletic Progam as the town has proven with the new athletic facilities. The soon to be Junior class has talent including their qb who is 100% healthy and led them 2 rounds deep in basketball. The freshman class has kids that took a year off from football that need to be nudged back on the field. The 8th grade class were undefeated district champs in football. The timing is right for a new coaching staff to come in here and have some success. Are their some kids walking the hallways that need to be playing the answer is YES! We wish nothing but success to Coach Gilchrist in his new home. However, this town will embrace a new staff and get behind them and support them as this town is hungry for success.

This is a good job.

If I didn't like my current gig, i would be on the "prowl" for this job.

Definitely a commitment to athletics in Whitney.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...