Nelson named new AD/HC in Daingerfield

EastTxFinest

12 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Well first off 83, what does the kids have to do with this? They didn't vote for Coach Nelson. They aren't on the school board. They are happy and welcomed him because he earned that from them. If you don't feel sorry for them if something doesn't go as planned then that's on you Tiger Fan🤔. They are kids. Neither you or I  knows what happens in class, but tell ya what we both know what happened on the football field. Look at the behavior from the players, ECT. This man can't do Waldies job for him, Waldie lost control of his kids. Glad I can make you laugh. Lol. Check it out tho, you won't feel sorry if he fails the kids, but if he wins with the kids and puts another trophy in the case, are you gonna glorify him like Alexander and Bowman or stick with this back stabbing stuff? Before you answer that 83, check out that roster, classification, and look at what this guy has coming up. It can happen. 

Very valid points Wolfe... he has boo coos of talent in his hands... if he uses it right we'll be dangerous. Hope the kids buy in this go round. I may not agree with everything but he's who we have now and it's time to let him do what "they" hired him to do. 

35 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

KrookedWolfe has here before Bowman era! Go break a Shetland Pony!

Lol!  You read your first comment and then decide you needed to add to it?   Nelson called, he would like his favorite drawers back!    Tigers haven’t been able to break the shetlands the last couple years!    My guess it’s because the ranch hands were putting thorns under the saddle of the head man! 

16 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

Very valid points Wolfe... he has boo coos of talent in his hands... if he uses it right we'll be dangerous. Hope the kids buy in this go round. I may not agree with everything but he's who we have now and it's time to let him do what "they" hired him to do. 

That's what I'm saying ETF. A lot of good candidates got overlooked, but he was selected and the kids are happy so lets ride with it. He has young talent present and more coming up. He needs to hire good coordinators, and If he keeps control, playing where we're playing(classification wise) it'll be hard to stop us. It's his turn regardless, Tiger fans support him and lets go!

4 hours ago, stangstampede said:

Lol!  You read your first comment and then decide you needed to add to it?   Nelson called, he would like his favorite drawers back!    Tigers haven’t been able to break the shetlands the last couple years!    My guess it’s because the ranch hands were putting thorns under the saddle of the head man! 

Dude that's because y'all paid Waldie off and now he's gone😂😂. Try again. Lol Them little pink ponies can't even make the playoffs.

38 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Well first off 83, what does the kids have to do with this? They didn't vote for Coach Nelson. They aren't on the school board. They are happy and welcomed him because he earned that from them. If you don't feel sorry for them if something doesn't go as planned then that's on you Tiger Fan🤔. They are kids. Neither you or I  knows what happens in class, but tell ya what we both know what happened on the football field. Look at the behavior from the players, ECT. This man can't do Waldies job for him, Waldie lost control of his kids. Glad I can make you laugh. Lol. Check it out tho, you won't feel sorry if he fails the kids, but if he wins with the kids and puts another trophy in the case, are you gonna glorify him like Alexander and Bowman or stick with this back stabbing stuff? Before you answer that 83, check out that roster, classification, and look at what this guy has coming up. It can happen. 

It sounds like you’re getting a little annoyed. Waldie or not, Nelson was on staff and a major role player. If the kids were undisciplined and he was who they respected than where was his leadership?

I didn’t bring kids into this. They have been in this thread the whole time. 

Dont twist my words to your advantage. I want the program to succeed. I want the boys to succeed. THEY are Daingerfield. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DF83 said:

It sounds like you’re getting a little annoyed. Waldie or not, Nelson was on staff and a major role player. If the kids were undisciplined and he was who they respected than where was his leadership?

I didn’t bring kids into this. They have been in this thread the whole time. 

Dont twist my words to your advantage. I want the program to succeed. I want the boys to succeed. THEY are Daingerfield. 

I'm not annoyed 83, we both want to see the players succeed, so lets talk about it. I can't honestly answer where his leadership was, but at the end of the day we both know it reflects the the AD. Right? Things were obviously out of control, so how is it wrong for this guy thinking he can improve it? However if he's gonna improve it, why not be the Head Coach? Waldie wasn't fired, he resigned.  There's a difference between the two. That being said how did back stabbing even play in to this situation here?

1 hour ago, KrookedWolfe said:

I'm not annoyed 83, we both want to see the players succeed, so lets talk about it. I can't honestly answer where his leadership was, but at the end of the day we both know it reflects the the AD. Right? Things were obvioysly out of control, so how is it wrong for this guy thinking he can improve it? However if he's gonna improve it, why not be the Head Coach? 

Programs do reflect their AD. Now we get go see what Nelson is made of. I hope he makes the best decisions for his team and staff. I just don’t foresee that from the Nelson I know!

3 minutes ago, DF83 said:

Programs do reflect their AD. Now we get go see what Nelson is made of. I hope he makes the best decisions for his team and staff. I just don’t foresee that from the Nelson I know!

Well 83 as a fan I'm just trying to stay positive. My connection is with the kids and the kids seem to like and respect this coach. Time will tell, good coaching with this group, I'm telling ya 83 within the next 5 yrs don't be suprised to see more than 1 Championship. 

On 4/5/2018 at 12:02 PM, Dawgman said:

Well guess they are happy being 2nd best to those Eagles of New Diana

New Diana had the most talented team in the history of their school and they beat an average Daingerfield team by 3.

New Diana is probably not a concern at all.

8 minutes ago, Dawgman said:

Football season starts in August.... you are still ND’s whipping boy until then....

Whipping boy? Dude you ain't the likes of gilmer or anyone even close. Their the only team that's "owned" us in the past 15 years or so. You beat us by a bs call with home field refs but enjoy that. We'll see your buzzards again't at yalls roost and it won't be anywhere close to "last" year. Carry on waterboy

Shut it HS fans... I don't want to hear about your 2 year reign either lol

I have no skin in the game for the Daingerfield Tigers, but like him or not, Coach Nelson is the AD/HFC. It’s time to back him. It’s like a disagreement in the coaches office, once you leave the office you should all be a unified force. 

19 minutes ago, Dawgman said:

I have no skin in the game for the Daingerfield Tigers, but like him or not, Coach Nelson is the AD/HFC. It’s time to back him. It’s like a disagreement in the coaches office, once you leave the office you should all be a unified force. 

I agree Dawgman about the unified force, but looks like he's gonna have to clean house and bring in all new coaches. From the outside looking in might not be a bad idea. Actually probably the best idea. It's on him now so he has to install his system, identify his team leaders to guide the younger ones to work hard and hope it carries over into the summer.  Dfield is a tough place, expectations are high, lets see how this plays out.

1 hour ago, EastTxFinest said:

Whipping boy? Dude you ain't the likes of gilmer or anyone even close. Their the only team that's "owned" us in the past 15 years or so. You beat us by a bs call with home field refs but enjoy that. We'll see your buzzards again't at yalls roost and it won't be anywhere close to "last" year. Carry on waterboy

Shut it HS fans... I don't want to hear about your 2 year reign either lol

I'm just here for the comments! 

But what's funny is it's been EVERY sport besides basketball 

2 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Well 83 as a fan I'm just trying to stay positive. My connection is with the kids and the kids seem to like and respect this coach. Time will tell, good coaching with this group, I'm telling ya 83 within the next 5 yrs don't be suprised to see more than 1 Championship. 

You do realize Newton is sitting in your region for at least the next two years right?    

56 minutes ago, Dawgman said:

That’s hilarious because Nelson never was!!

Just now, stangstampede said:

You do realize Newton is sitting in your region for at least the next two years right?    

I realize that. Newton is loaded with talent, but those Tigers are gonna be pretty good too. The Tigers and Newton have met a few times through the years, we match up pretty well athlete wise, may come down to coaching. Hope Coach chooses some good coordinators.

2 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

A championship would be great and I look forward to watching it!

• Smoaky locked this topic