2018 Coaches Responsibilities

From what I see...and my eyesight is getting dim......11 "varsity coaches" and the HC.....and 5 freshmen coaches......Varsity coaches are coaching either track or power lifting..........and the sub varsity guys are baseball/basketball and video guy is soccer.....AND the soccer guy is videoing with a "student helper" the practices and games.....THEN on Friday nights the "feeder school coaches" are tagging and doing the Hudl film????......this looks like a rough draft.......MAKE SURE EVERY COACH knows their assignments....because the way it is now......it just says "coach"....and NOT specific......IF it stays this way....NOTHING WILL GET DONE....because they will....assume that Coach is someone else.....don't let them "die" of "assumicide"........MUST be at a pretty large school for THAT large amount of coaches......Also the it looks like the Varsity coaches will also be coaching the JV?????....I'm sorry but in these "NEW" times....the HC will have to be very MI-NUTE with his assignments....NOBODY will do anything above and beyond........this is a start.....BUT doesn't even touch the "hem of the garment" of what coaches are "assigned" or NOT assigned to do............

• LOL! 1

only 1 coach in 1st period.  OC and DC no second sport, they might want to make a little money also.

Varsity Coaches not working with freshman kids, they are your future.

Oh and ONLY 1 COACH IN 1ST PERIOD!

21 hours ago, ManCaveDweller said:

From what I see...and my eyesight is getting dim......11 "varsity coaches" and the HC.....and 5 freshmen coaches......Varsity coaches are coaching either track or power lifting..........and the sub varsity guys are baseball/basketball and video guy is soccer.....AND the soccer guy is videoing with a "student helper" the practices and games.....THEN on Friday nights the "feeder school coaches" are tagging and doing the Hudl film????......this looks like a rough draft.......MAKE SURE EVERY COACH knows their assignments....because the way it is now......it just says "coach"....and NOT specific......IF it stays this way....NOTHING WILL GET DONE....because they will....assume that Coach is someone else.....don't let them "die" of "assumicide"........MUST be at a pretty large school for THAT large amount of coaches......Also the it looks like the Varsity coaches will also be coaching the JV?????....I'm sorry but in these "NEW" times....the HC will have to be very MI-NUTE with his assignments....NOBODY will do anything above and beyond........this is a start.....BUT doesn't even touch the "hem of the garment" of what coaches are "assigned" or NOT assigned to do............

Crawford, didnt feel the need to re-state what our man ManCaveDweller has put so eloquently.

1 hour ago, RickMorris said:

Crawford, didnt feel the need to re-state what our man ManCaveDweller has put so eloquently.

You had almost 48 hours to put in your two cents before MCD commented. What you waiting on? C'mon man!!   

On 4/10/2018 at 2:28 PM, Crawford said:

You had almost 48 hours to put in your two cents before MCD commented. What you waiting on? C'mon man!!   

My bad, been a little......BUSY! I mean clearly as if the list from this thread is not enough, we obviously have other duties as assigned!!!

• LOL! 1

On 4/10/2018 at 12:43 PM, WestHardinfan1 said:

Definitely....you gotta NAME NAMES on the list these days.........:woot:

WHF.....AIN'T THAT RIGHT....remember my FIRST coaching assignment in 197%$###.......I had ONE JOB on Saturday mornings.....JOCK STRAP WASHING!!!!!!

It was 3 years before I moved up to uniforms and practice gear.......well....THAT and...on Friday night AFTER the game.....take the FILM in MY OWN CAR to Tyler and hand it in to get developed.....sleep out in the car until 3-4 am then get the processed film.....DRIVE back home to the field house and start breaking down the film....at 7AM....HC would show up and he would look at what I had done.....MANY TIMES he would "wobble up" my paper and tell me to watch MORE closely......would then start over and do my "duties" of washing jock straps in the "small washer" and at 9 would stop to watch film with the team......THEN go back to finishing up my duties of drawing up ALL formations of the opposing team and place EACH card stock paper on the chalkboard.........at noon.......the coaching staff would come into the "big room" and we would look at the formations.....then DRAW our defense we had against EVERY play....THEN do the same thing against THEIR defense with ALL our offensive plays.....IT WAS NOT written down......BUT somebody had to do it.......BUT in todays world.......the job description better be written down......NOT assumed....What's the old story....there were three people who applied for a job....Everybody, Somebody and Nobody???  

13 minutes ago, ManCaveDweller said:

WHF.....AIN'T THAT RIGHT....remember my FIRST coaching assignment in 197%$###.......I had ONE JOB on Saturday mornings.....JOCK STRAP WASHING!!!!!!

It was 3 years before I moved up to uniforms and practice gear.......well....THAT and...on Friday night AFTER the game.....take the FILM in MY OWN CAR to Tyler and hand it in to get developed.....sleep out in the car until 3-4 am then get the processed film.....DRIVE back home to the field house and start breaking down the film....at 7AM....HC would show up and he would look at what I had done.....MANY TIMES he would "wobble up" my paper and tell me to watch MORE closely......would then start over and do my "duties" of washing jock straps in the "small washer" and at 9 would stop to watch film with the team......THEN go back to finishing up my duties of drawing up ALL formations of the opposing team and place EACH card stock paper on the chalkboard.........at noon.......the coaching staff would come into the "big room" and we would look at the formations.....then DRAW our defense we had against EVERY play....THEN do the same thing against THEIR defense with ALL our offensive plays.....IT WAS NOT written down......BUT somebody had to do it.......BUT in todays world.......the job description better be written down......NOT assumed....What's the old story....there were three people who applied for a job....Everybody, Somebody and Nobody???  

All these millineals coming out of college now think they are Vince Lombardi........they used to take offense when I told them the only thing I wanted to hear from them for a few years was how the laundry was getting done.......:rofl:

• Like 1

Laundry and film break down is a right of passage. If you aint done that as a new coach, dont talk to me about what you THINK you know about this profession or what we need to do to be successful. Oh an you better make sure you got all the game socks turned in and matched up!

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, RickMorris said:

Laundry and film break down is a right of passage. If you aint done that as a new coach, dont talk to me about what you THINK you know about this profession or what we need to do to be successful. Oh an you better make sure you got all the game socks turned in and matched up!

RM...WHF...and a lot of other coaches "KNOW"....that there are MANY things that go on behind the scenes BEFORE the game is played....EVEN the PLAYERS think that ALL they have to do is show up to practice....do what coach tells them to do....then go play on game night.......When we got HUDL a few years back.....it has a feature that you can send the game film to the kids....AND it shows the huddle admin. at the school...WHO and HOW LONG the kids are on HUDL......it has gotten better BUT that 1st year the average time per kid on huld per week was 27 min..........AND most of THAT time was making a "highlight clip" of themselves....kids today and MOST new coaches....DON'T KNOW HOW TO WATCH FILM.......I have watched so much 16mm that we had to keep on hand....a BOX of "clip repair "....those little snips of film that we could splice the tape back together because IT BROKE!!!!.......AND later on when we got "fancy" and used VHS or SUPER BETA MAX.......you knew that the tape was well worn when you would get the tape and when you rev. back...it went "real fuzzy"....OR the tape would go backwards and there would be another game TAPED OVER the game you were watching......AND even now....you have the $$$$HUDL will break down YOUR film for you and tag it for you

• Like 3