Daingerfield's Davin Nelson on AD/Football Coaching Job...

Smoaky

16 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

I've always been one who took responsibility for my actions, in every aspect of life. I don't need others to have to "make" me do it. I was raised to know right from wrong. 

The gentleman in question "has" ran, dodged, and hidden things about himself by so causing this ENTIRE PROBLEM. You say facts are needed before a judgement but you said it yourself. We're in a guilty before innocent time. Regardless of how this is or looks. It's reality.... Some can't seem to stomach the idea of being proven wrong. It'll hurt their ego and pride. I never intended for this Cancer to be so severe inside my towns city limit signs. 

Thank you for the feedback...

I'm done with it and really just want to move forward. He's here. I'll support him. The kids futures depend on a good atmosphere and we need to help make the negativity go away. Not make it worse. People are twisting everything certain ways and that's both sides I'm referring too. 

See yall when 2 a days start

• Like 1

23 hours ago, df84 said:

answers to your questions: Horn was asking for more money than the school was offering.  With all the head coaching jobs open not one school was interested in hiring D.A.. So that must raise a flag to everyone. And by the way, we have great laughs from Crankshafts post, he wants whats good for Daingerfield but talks bad about it as much as he can. Heck, I don't even seem him attending very many DHS sporting events anyways. You'all sound like the poor democrats that didn't get Hillary elected, crying and complaining. Over and out from this forum, too much negativity and slanderous remarks. Cranky keep up the good work on finding dirt on everyone. My Dad use to tell me don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house. GO TIGERS.

th.jpg

• Stinks 1

16 hours ago, df84 said:

answers to your questions: Horn was asking for more money than the school was offering.  With all the head coaching jobs open not one school was interested in hiring D.A.. So that must raise a flag to everyone. And by the way, we have great laughs from Crankshafts post, he wants whats good for Daingerfield but talks bad about it as much as he can. Heck, I don't even seem him attending very many DHS sporting events anyways. You'all sound like the poor democrats that didn't get Hillary elected, crying and complaining. Over and out from this forum, too much negativity and slanderous remarks. Cranky keep up the good work on finding dirt on everyone. My Dad use to tell me don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house. GO TIGERS.

It is deeply rich how you can, in one breath, suggest (without evidence or reason) that DA can't get a job and a red flag has been raised to everyone . . then in the same post you attempt to criticize others for slanderous remarks.

You're a piece of work there. lol

Perhaps the reason Crankshaft's posts are negative because the subject he's talking about presents few options? When caca hits the fan, there's nothing wrong with noticing.

14 hours ago, wildtigers said:

Having made so many mistakes in my life I believe with all my heart that people deserve extra chances in this life to make things right.  However, in order to get those second chances you have to rectify the things that caused you to have to have a second chance.  I am willing to give a second chance in this case and support Mr. Nelson to the best of my ability and believe that he truly has the KIDS, the SCHOOL DISTRICT, the TOWN, and the PEOPLES best interest at heart.  However, it is time to man up and rectify the problem that has created this issue and created the need for a second chance and be the example that the kids so desperately need at this time.  We want to support our coach, we want our kids to look up to their coach, but sometimes we as humans have to be shown not just told.

I respectfully disagree. Like other side of the world, disagree.

I believe in forgiveness. I also believe in responsibility. Moses was forgiven by God, yet still forbidden from going into the land of milk and honey. After all Moses had been through and done for God? Why? Because laws and rules mean something.

This is a position where every student athlete in the school district knows who he is. The HC is a figure head of the entire program. And the example that an institution of education sets in how it handles its issues trickles down to the students they are supposed to serve.

So if this gets swept under the rug without consequence, you are effectively teaching your kids that its okay to cheat because once you get caught you can then be sorry and ask for forgiveness and get yourself a pass. You are effectively rewarding bad behavior for the community's kids to see.

You're also setting him up for failure. Don't think he won't be the blunt of jokes from the community and perhaps even in his own locker room for the foreseeable future. 

Sometimes, its best that you just part ways and try to start over. Thats probably not going to happen here. Instead, this will be an ongoing train wreck. Nothing good will come from something that starts out in deception and dishonesty.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Off topic, but Daingerfield Sophmore Tyrese Grant offered by Colorado State. One of many young Tigers with bright future ahead.

He'll have more by years end. He's explosive and we may open up the passing game more this upcoming season. 

9 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Off topic, but Daingerfield Sophmore Tyrese Grant offered by Colorado State. One of many young Tigers with bright future ahead.

And to stay off topic, I’ve never denied who I am on Smoaky to anyone that has asked from the community. It has come to my attention that a new poster put 2 and 2 together and made the assumption the man they knew from the community, me, is known as Crankshaft on the Smoaky Forums. Your math don’t add up partner. I can assure you, I have no idea who crankshaft is and could really care less. And that’s not a knock on you Crank, so please don’t take that personal. I’ve missed 3 games in the last 20 years, all because of Cub Scout events I’ve taken my kids and their friends to. My first memory of Tiger football was the loss back in 1982 to McGregor. I didn’t miss a game again until the 91 season. For those who know me, you know why. I love this town and these kids. I have always supported all athletic departments, boys and girls, and the coaches on our staff. 

I did attend the School Board meeting the night Coach Nelson was hired. And the reason is I have vested interest in this school because my oldest, an 8th grader, is a standout on the track team and has a potentially bright future if he puts in the work and continues to improve. My youngest will be in 6th grade next year and is not a bad little athlete himself. I’ve coached little league baseball for the years my kids played, soccer for 8 years, lead local high school boys at my church and I’ve led our local Cub Scout pack for the last 4.5 years. I challenge anyone to find one negative thing I’ve said on here about our current or past coaches or administrators at Daingerfield. It isn’t going to happen.

Everyone wants to put coaches, community members and administrators on blast, which I guess is your right, but how many would be putting them on blast if your true identity was known? Go ahead and say it wouldn’t stop you. Because if that’s your response, then man (or woman) up and tell us who you are. If you want to know about my character or anything else about me, all you have to do is ask 98crush, Eastxfinest, 4to3, Jakebrake, Franksnbeans, Fb4life or anyone from the community that knows me and they’ll tell you. Or call me. I’m not hard to get ahold of and would love to talk about it. My personal cell number has been in the local paper many times and schools for year due to my involvement in the community.  I can promise you, I have the best interest in my heart for all kids at DLSISD. 

Like I said, I love this community and these kids, in turn I will support whoever is put in the position to coach our kids. In the meantime, I’ll be praying for all involved that we can quit this finger pointing and name calling and give these kids a more positive influence for them to follow than what they’ve been getting on here and other social media outlets. 

Bluetiger114 is out, 
RGT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2018 at 9:29 PM, bluetiger114 said:
And to stay off topic, I’ve never denied who I am on Smoaky to anyone that has asked from the community. It has come to my attention that a new poster put 2 and 2 together and made the assumption the man they knew from the community, me, is known as Crankshaft on the Smoaky Forums. Your math don’t add up partner. I can assure you, I have no idea who crankshaft is and could really care less. And that’s not a knock on you Crank, so please don’t take that personal. I’ve missed 3 games in the last 20 years, all because of Cub Scout events I’ve taken my kids and their friends to. My first memory of Tiger football was the loss back in 1982 to McGregor. I didn’t miss a game again until the 91 season. For those who know me, you know why. I love this town and these kids. I have always supported all athletic departments, boys and girls, and the coaches on our staff. 

I did attend the School Board meeting the night Coach Nelson was hired. And the reason is I have vested interest in this school because my oldest, an 8th grader, is a standout on the track team and has a potentially bright future if he puts in the work and continues to improve. My youngest will be in 6th grade next year and is not a bad little athlete himself. I’ve coached little league baseball for the years my kids played, soccer for 8 years, lead local high school boys at my church and I’ve led our local Cub Scout pack for the last 4.5 years. I challenge anyone to find one negative thing I’ve said on here about our current or past coaches or administrators at Daingerfield. It isn’t going to happen.

Everyone wants to put coaches, community members and administrators on blast, which I guess is your right, but how many would be putting them on blast if your true identity was known? Go ahead and say it wouldn’t stop you. Because if that’s your response, then man (or woman) up and tell us who you are. If you want to know about my character or anything else about me, all you have to do is ask 98crush, Eastxfinest, 4to3, Jakebrake, Franksnbeans, Fb4life or anyone from the community that knows me and they’ll tell you. Or call me. I’m not hard to get ahold of and would love to talk about it. My personal cell number has been in the local paper many times and schools for year due to my involvement in the community.  I can promise you, I have the best interest in my heart for all kids at DLSISD. 

Like I said, I love this community and these kids, in turn I will support whoever is put in the position to coach our kids. In the meantime, I’ll be praying for all involved that we can quit this finger pointing and name calling and give these kids a more positive influence for them to follow than what they’ve been getting on here and other social media outlets. 

Bluetiger114 is out, 
RGT

I don't know Bluetiger114, 98Crush, ETF, 4to3, Jakebrake, Lion70, JJSpeed or anybody else on Smoaky, and I definitely don't go around asking. I joined Smoaky back in 2010 because I liked reading all the smack talk from the Tiger Nation. That's why I joined, and that's not a knock on any of you guys. As a matter of fact with some of the statements from some ppl on here it's probably best I didn't. 

As far as the School Board, well I don't speak on the job they do at all. Obviously they were voted in. You or nobody else will never find a post about me even speaking about a school board decision. If you can, please show me. Sadly I really can't tell ya the first thing about any of them, but i think if they provide adminstrators and teachers what they need in the classrooms,  I do know that if the kids apply themselves, they can get positive results. I agree that if someone constantly discredits the school board and other specific ppl in the community they could reveal who they are if asked. There is a PM option on this website, I know that because I've used it. If I had a real problem with you or someone that would be the route I'd take because that'd be for your eyes only. Not to gain attention, not to be a cyber tough guy or keyboard warrior. 

What I do comment on is Tiger coaching and Tiger kid accomplishments considering this is a Sports Forum. I will be glad when this debacle is behind this group of kids. I see big things from this Jr class all the way down to the 6th graders. Congrats about your kids, sounds like you're a involved dad and we need more of that.  I think this license issue should have been uncovered before now. I don't think just because you see a coach not driving from a meeting that throws a red flag if he has a valid drivers license or not. Also all these new members on Smoaky finding and starting all this stuff in a area where there is already a lot of bickering and complaining. Coach Nelson has worked other jobs with Waldie, but now all of a sudden he's a drunk and is a bad example for kids. What about before now? Other school districts didn't find this problem so what makes DLISD so incompetent for not finding it? Sounds fishy to me. At the end of the day I don't think these boys need this distraction. They will lose respect for Coach Nelson if he's gonna be the Coach. The kids read these message boards too. Funny you say that about the McGregor game, that's one of the games I remember too, that and the one against Hughes Springs when Thomas Everett layed someone out. That McGregor game was 20-12 or something right? I didn't go, but I remember it.

11 hours ago, EastTxFinest said:

He'll have more by years end. He's explosive and we may open up the passing game more this upcoming season. 

Tried to message you but it won't go through for some reason. Lost your contact info in my phone. Shoot me a text so I can get your number saved in my phone again. I'm gonna need it for trash talking purposes during week 2 as well as during game time lol.

Edited by Eagle8

12 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

I don't know Bluetiger114, 98Crush, ETF, 4to3, Jakebrake, Lion70, JJSpeed or anybody else on Smoaky, and I definitely don't go around asking. I joined Smoaky back in 2010 because I liked reading all the smack talk from the Tiger Nation. That's why I joined, and that's not a knock on any of you guys. As a matter of fact with some of the statements from some ppl on here it's probably best I didn't. 

As far as the School Board, well I don't speak on the job they do at all. Obviously they were voted in. You or nobody else will never find a post about me even speaking about a school board decision. If you can, please show me. Sadly I really can't tell ya the first thing about any of them, but i think if they provide adminstrators and teachers what they need in the classrooms,  I do know that if the kids apply themselves, they can get positive results. I agree that if someone constantly discredits the school board and other specific ppl in the community they could reveal who they are if asked. There is a PM option on this website, I know that because I've used it. If I had a real problem with you or someone that would be the route I'd take because that'd be for your eyes only. Not to gain attention, not to be a cyber tough guy or keyboard warrior. Also I don't have a cut between my legs, I am a man.

What I do comment on is Tiger coaching and Tiger kid accomplishments considering this is a Sports Forum. I will be glad when this debacle is behind this group of kids. I see big things from this Jr class all the way down to the 6th graders. Congrats about your kids, sounds like you're a involved dad and we need more of that.  I think this license issue should have been uncovered before now. I don't think just because you see a coach not driving from a meeting that throws a red flag if he has a valid drivers license or not. Also all these new members on Smoaky finding and starting all this stuff in a area where there is already a lot of bickering and complaining. Coach Nelson has worked other jobs with Waldie, but now all of a sudden he's a drunk and is a bad example for kids. What about before now? Other school districts didn't find this problem so what makes DLISD so incompetent for not finding it? Sounds fishy to me. At the end of the day I don't think these boys need this distraction. They will lose respect for Coach Nelson if he's gonna be the Coach. The kids read these message boards too. Funny you say that about the McGregor game, that's one of the games I remember too, that and the one against Hughes Springs when Thomas Everett layed someone out. That McGregor game was 20-12 or something right? I didn't go, but I remember it.

If memory serves me Wolfe, it was 12-8.  I was only 8 at the time so I could be wrong on that, but I'm pretty sure that was the final.

3 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Tried to message you but it won't go through for some reason. Lost your contact info in my phone. Shoot me a text so I can get your number saved in my phone again. I'm gonna need it for trash talking purposes during week 2 as well as during game time lol.

My messenger hasn't worked in several months for some reason, so it's not just you Eagle.  I have an unread message from someone and can't open it to read.  

1 hour ago, bluetiger114 said:

My messenger hasn't worked in several months for some reason, so it's not just you Eagle.  I have an unread message from someone and can't open it to read.  

ill work on it... i fixed someone elses a few month ago, but i don't remember how

I changed some settings... if this didnt work, we will need to change your email address... or some settings, which you can do yourself under your profile.

3 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

ill work on it... i fixed someone elses a few month ago, but i don't remember how

I changed some settings... if this didnt work, we will need to change your email address... or some settings, which you can do yourself under your profile.

Likewise, if you can get a chance to look at my PM. All I get is a spinning circle when I try to check messages.

5 hours ago, EastTexan903 said:

Ya'll can hire all the fancy coaches ya'll want, but if we don't get Mrs Quarles out nothing will change. We need a Superintendent with no ties to South Union. 

There's no "ties" to this church at all. Maybe you should read everything before you post. This is how rumors get started and South Union does an amazing job with their entire program and I don't even go there.... Don't be "That Guy"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Mine won't let me either. Mine says inbox full but can't get into it

20 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

As far as the School Board, well I don't speak on the job they do at all. Obviously they were voted in. You or nobody else will never find a post about me even speaking about a school board decision. If you can, please show me. Sadly I really can't tell ya the first thing about any of them, but i think if they provide adminstrators and teachers what they need in the classrooms,  I do know that if the kids apply themselves, they can get positive results. I agree that if someone constantly discredits the school board and other specific ppl in the community they could reveal who they are if asked. There is a PM option on this website, I know that because I've used it. If I had a real problem with you or someone that would be the route I'd take because that'd be for your eyes only. Not to gain attention, not to be a cyber tough guy or keyboard warrior. Also I don't have a cut between my legs, I am a man.

And I should have said this in my post last night, that post wasn’t directed at you KrookedWolfe.  I just quoted you because you said “off topic” and I liked that so I just quoted you.  I hope you didn't take my post as a jab at you.  After re-reading your response, I’m afraid you might have thought I directed that at you.  Apologies if you thought that....wasn’t my intentions.