UPDATE: Pewitt hires Sulphur Springs DC Triston Abron as new AD

AttaKid0596

8 hours ago, astrodog14 said:

Idk what would make a kid go to college and want to do it anymore.

The love of kids. Nothing more, nothing less. Life is a grind now, back in the coaching days, it never seemed like work. Blessings come in many different forms.

Great kids and great colleagues. That is why we did it.

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, OPC said:

The love of kids. Nothing more, nothing less. Life is a grind now, back in the coaching days, it never seemed like work. Blessings come in many different forms.

Great kids and great colleagues. That is why we did it.

I know why then. But now, ????....dang.  just look at all the negative stuff on this website.. I listen every Friday night to so much griping...even during big wins!

6 minutes ago, ss9853 said:

I don’t think Gentry is a pos because he is leaving, I think he is a pos because of his timing. The guys feel like he abandoned them and so do I. Glad he’s gone though knowing he doesn’t give two cents about our boys. If he did he wouldn’t have walked out on them out of nowhere at the end of the school year. Your right OPC, Kumrow is the other .01%. He’s up there holding it together after admin took a dump on him. Now he’s having to help clean the mess left behind by the guy they replaced him with. 

You are right. Kumrow is the other .01%. The board members that were there and the sup would have to admit they were wrong for him to come back. That won't happen. Sup makes to much cash and the board members enjoy that power and prestige. So who do we get now? I know some good folks that want It, but knew some good folks that wanted it last time and never got a call. It will be what it will be. 

Saturday I will vote for two guys that will help bring change. I hope I am right, but if not, my kids are out of Pewitt and my check doesn't come from Pewitt CISD. I will be fine. 

Most folks know who I am so take it for what it's worth. 

OPC out on this topic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ss9853 said:

I don’t think Gentry is a pos because he is leaving, I think he is a pos because of his timing. The guys feel like he abandoned them and so do I. Glad he’s gone though knowing he doesn’t give two cents about our boys. If he did he wouldn’t have walked out on them out of nowhere at the end of the school year. Your right OPC, Kumrow is the other .01%. He’s up there holding it together after admin took a dump on him. Now he’s having to help clean the mess left behind by the guy they replaced him with. 

What if this job was just offered? He should turn it down bc it wasn’t offered sooner? I would guess it pays just as well or better than AD at Pewitt. Plus may be better for his family. But you’re right. POS for doing what’s best for his family. 

I think the bigger issue is that lots of coaches are leaving Pewitt. Screams something isn’t right in the ISD

• Like 2
  • Stinks 1

On 4/30/2018 at 10:01 PM, astrodog14 said:

Idk what would make a kid go to college and want to do it anymore.

Coaching has always been a tough business. It's the nature of the business. I don't falt Gentry for leaving. Coaches come and coaches go, it happens everywhere and is usually nothing personal with the Kids. Most every coach I've ever known that has left a place actually lamented over leaving the kids, but because of the nature of the business there's TONS of other factors involved. Kids don't usually run off coaches; admin, parents, and lack of community support do. So, ya gotta wonder with so many leaving Pewitt , what's the cause?

Why would a young man get into coaching? That's easy... For the kids, they love kids. What would drive a man away or out of coaching? Everything except the kids. 

Pewitt kids deserve the best  and administration has let them down for past few years.  Pewitt had a great formula for Pewitt fb

to be successful starting with Bickham, Huck and Kumrow.  Offense was productive kept defense on field for minimum

amount of time and produced success.  Then Kumrow has one bad year with multiple injuries and people wanted to go to

Spread and we have to have changes well look what it has produced mediocracy.  WHo to blame well Admn who brought

CHANGE, school board who continued to give authority for all that done and pewitT voters who gave powers that be the authority

to CHANGE.  Discipline better?  Test scores better?  Climate better in schools?  Its again time for CHANGE!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

PP, like so many other small, rural schools, needs to hire somebody with some local ties to the area that wants to come and build something.

I still say Jordan Wood would be a great hire.

Yep, Paul Pewitt/Daingerfield/etc in those small quiet areas need to hire an "East Texas guy" who doesn't care about the demographics and poor restaurant choices... they need guys who will come there and stay at least 5 years, hire good solid assistants, and basically let the program take care of itself.  The best HCs will come in and win and move on, but if they hire well, you just keep hiring from within and rolling the success over... Pewitt was like that not too long ago right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

Yep, Paul Pewitt/Daingerfield/etc in those small quiet areas need to hire an "East Texas guy" who doesn't care about the demographics and poor restaurant choices... they need guys who will come there and stay at least 5 years, hire good solid assistants, and basically let the program take care of itself.  The best HCs will come in and win and move on, but if they hire well, you just keep hiring from within and rolling the success over... Pewitt was like that not too long ago right?

Until Reddock decided to fix the program. He has an extensive background in sports and coaching, so I have heard. 

2 hours ago, astrodog14 said:

Get ya popcorn ready!  Big names floating around this one.  Heard PP getting turf too, or at least up for discussion.

Big names might reconsider when they are told they must retain the new OC. AT least, that is the rumor I heard. My source is usually right.

Brahmahater I heard same thing that when Gentry decided to leave Dorsey tried go back to NB and Pewitt supt told him no matter who got

job he would be the OC and he decided to stay.   Not a good omen for future head coach to come in and already have his OC in place.

Pewitt supt in TOTAL control of that place.  Im not saying Dorsey not a good coach just showing what new coach will have to accept to

get job.  Same thing when Gentry came in had a list of those who had to be CHANGED and it was done.

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Pewitt hires Sulphur Springs DC Triston Abron as new AD