UPDATE: Pewitt hires Sulphur Springs DC Triston Abron as new AD

AttaKid0596

4 minutes ago, stangstampede said:

As much as I hate to say it.   I think a lot of people from around the area enjoyed watching Pewitt run the slot t.  They ran it very well.   Watching Pewitt in the spread still doesn’t seem right!  

I can remember an opposing coach screaming at his team at halftime. Said you are getting beat by the slowest, weakest, smallest, most un athletic team in Texas. They were down by 21 at the time. We poured another 21 unanswered on them in the 2nd half. Could have been more, but Coach Kumrow said that was enough and we showed mercy. 

10 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

That’s what I was thinking. Where was all this Wing/Slot T love 3 years ago?

Everybody WANTED the spread...it will make Pewitt SOOOO much better. Everyone else is running it..so should we. 

Now that they've seen it and the fact that it hasn't produced any better results they want to return to the Pewitt of old. 

People keep saying they arent sure they want their kids to continue at Pewitt.  Is it academics now?

Know that many good athletes not necessarily football players but other sports transferred to

other schools with better athletic departments.  What were Pewitt's test scores last year?

Why many good teachers leave?  Pay? Admn?  Morale? 

Know girls athletics havent been very competitive in many years what is the problem there who makes

their decision  AD or girls coordinator?

16 hours ago, GP22 said:

The rumor I’m hearing  is that the Flex Bone may be on its way up North to Brahma Land. 

I heard that and if it is who I think it is he has the Apptitude Enthusiasm and Positivness that is only seen by Ag teachers at farm city week. Maybe why Dillard wants him to get that certification. But there is a lot of spelling in the Waskom Ag department so he needs to study up. Good thing for him he has had a lot of practice with that. 

Yes! Everybody run a guy down for bettering his career and getting his family out of a #### school. I bet you watch CNN too. Pewitt will be fine because of what he has done with those kids. Somebody is going to walk in to a great situation with kids who are ready to go.  :clap::clap::clap:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ss9853 said:

Never thought Gentry would be such a piece of ####. Walking out on his boys with a dmfew weeks left in the school year. That tells me all I need to know about the man. 

Seriously?

Gentry is a good man. He did what he had to for his family. Bickham did it, Huck did it. Hell, we all did it. News flash, Pewitt doesn't pay real dang well. Nothing wrong with looking out for your family and their best interest. 

I personally know 3 dang good coordinators and a very successful AD that are applying. The boys will be fine.

Good luck to Coach Gentry and I wish him nothing but the best.

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Can you give some names coach? Any of those guys like to run the ball like we used to?

I don't want to name names. The ones I know are good and would fit in well.

Like MorrisCty said, they might not even interview. 

9 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I think it may be done right this time. Hear supt is nervous as hell. Everybody I talk to is voting early for school board and going for a couple of new faces that don’t hide the fact they want change. Hopefully will turn it around. Just hope they do it quick so the guys got some kinda idea before the summer hits. 

Hope so.

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Pewitt hires Sulphur Springs DC Triston Abron as new AD