UPDATE: Pewitt hires Sulphur Springs DC Triston Abron as new AD

AttaKid0596

On 5/22/2018 at 8:58 AM, AttaKid0596 said:

Someone the Sup doesn't know and has never met. 

Not a bad idea ... most Sup's now days average only 3.5 yrs in one spot ...

Unlike the past, most never even wore a jock long enuf to understand the process ...

Most just wave erratically in the breeze when the winds come up.

And some were just hired to instigate and enforce someone else's agenda.

28 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I don’t blame Gentry one bit for climbing the ranks and getting a better paying job. I’d like better timing but that’s the extent of my gripe. All that’s water under the bridge now though. I’m not sure why it’s taking so long. Maybe it’s not. I’m not sure. I guess since it was so late in the year and we don’t have an AD going into the summer it’s felt longer than it really is. A board member told me there were 78 applicants. Sounds like a lot for a rural school. 

We only had 51 applicants

If you think anything in Morris County is gonna change consider these two things for starters...……...It is the only place that video game rooms are allowed to operate and the only county  with two schools that cannot get along long enough to have one livestock show together. The football programs and their problems are just chump change compared to the inner problems. If you think that is not so name me one iconic thing that has been produced by a county judge or a commissioners court in the last 30+ years that benefited the residents. Iw ill give you this much space for an answer. __.   

8 minutes ago, BunzT said:

If you think anything in Morris County is gonna change consider these two things for starters...……...It is the only place that video game rooms are allowed to operate and the only county  with two schools that cannot get along long enough to have one livestock show together. The football programs and their problems are just chump change compared to the inner problems. If you think that is not so name me one iconic thing that has been produced by a county judge or a commissioners court in the last 30+ years that benefited the residents. Iw ill give you this much space for an answer. __.   

Hard to argue with that 

33 minutes ago, BunzT said:

And what does that have to do with this post; with who gets the Pewitt job? County Court, Commissioners, game rooms... High school football. I'm not seeing a connection.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't see where it matters in this post. 

• LOL! 1

7 hours ago, AttaKid0596 said:

And what does that have to do with this post; with who gets the Pewitt job? County Court, Commissioners, game rooms... High school football. I'm not seeing a connection.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't see where it matters in this post. 

It has everything to do with it. If you do not have effective leadership and example from the highest level what filters down is going to resemble it. Morris County does not exist because of HS football.  HS football is just an extension . As everything starts crumbling from the top it generally sweeps everything in its path. The controversy at Pewitt runs parallel to the one in the City of Naples. It is the same group of citizens . It is a runaway train and this topic and the one like it at DF will be revisited .  History has proven that.

1 hour ago, BunzT said:

It has everything to do with it. If you do not have effective leadership and example from the highest level what filters down is going to resemble it. Morris County does not exist because of HS football.  HS football is just an extension . As everything starts crumbling from the top it generally sweeps everything in its path. The controversy at Pewitt runs parallel to the one in the City of Naples. It is the same group of citizens . It is a runaway train and this topic and the one like it at DF will be revisited .  History has proven that.

Once again, I agree with you. Attitude reflects leadership. dung roles downhill.  But how does that answer or play into the original question; "Who gets the Pewitt job?" 

22 hours ago, Stinger94 said:

Experienced? Been in area?

Not official yet, but if the board approves him, yes he is a 5A DC with a ring from 50 miles west of Brahma Stadium. If it happens we are blessed. 

Let the guesses and rumors start. 

I will be at as many games as my schedule allows.

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Pewitt hires Sulphur Springs DC Triston Abron as new AD