Parent files lawsuit against Carthage ISD

racehorse2

52 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

What I meant was there were no sour grapes over the success of the program. Some Carthage posters seemed to insinuate that imo. I could be wrong. Just letting it be known I only cared for the lady’s well being. This is a touchy subject. I’m no where near Carthage and it’s touchy for me. Maybe this thread should be moved to another forum and not the sports section. Hope the lady gets justice and I hope the Dawgs come out better than ever. 

Somehow, I find That very difficult to believe...

4 hours ago, Wild74 said:

I think some might be thinking that him being a football player they may be looking the other way. From what I read the law said it was a he said she said situation but if there is a video out there someone did something and is in a lot of trouble. Cell Phones are nice to have but they can get you in a lot of trouble also...Possibly ruin your life. 

+1

For all those saying “win at all cost” and “just win” and all the other non-sense please stop for a minute and have a look at the article posted and the dates involved with the incident. Do I think this was handled terribly by many people? Heck yes I do. It was basically a fiasco.

I have also already stated I hope there is justice and closure for all involved. The most important thing in this is the young lady. Nothing else matters. 

But just look at the dates all this happened. It doesn’t make sense it was systematically covered up for the good of football. It happened in 2016. Was reported by the mother in February 2017. The said star quarterback was a sophomore, and not even on the varsity his sophomore year. This continued on thru March of 2017. By the time the 2017 season started the following August I am sure everybody thought this issue was over. Does anybody with any knowledge of the Carthage program think Surratt would’ve played the kid if he thought it was going to cause harm to the athletic program or Carthage ISD? Surratt had other options that would’ve been “star quarterback” on that team. 

I only post this because I think some are taking a terrible situation, and then trying to twist it into a narrative where it’s a “win at all cost” football related issue. Surratt has always ran this program with integrity. I have to give him the benefit of the doubt. 

25 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

The last few paragraphs, WOW, just WOW.  The FBI had to FORCE the CPD to file charges and then they then barely did anything with the pre trial diversion.

43 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

For all those saying “win at all cost” and “just win” and all the other non-sense please stop for a minute and have a look at the article posted and the dates involved with the incident. Do I think this was handled terribly by many people? Heck yes I do. It was basically a fiasco.

I have also already stated I hope there is justice and closure for all involved. The most important thing in this is the young lady. Nothing else matters. 

But just look at the dates all this happened. It doesn’t make sense it was systematically covered up for the good of football. It happened in 2016. Was reported by the mother in February 2017. The said star quarterback was a sophomore, and not even on the varsity his sophomore year. This continued on thru March of 2017. By the time the 2017 season started the following August I am sure everybody thought this issue was over. Does anybody with any knowledge of the Carthage program think Surratt would’ve played the kid if he thought it was going to cause harm to the athletic program or Carthage ISD? Surratt had other options that would’ve been “star quarterback” on that team. 

I only post this because I think some are taking a terrible situation, and then trying to twist it into a narrative where it’s a “win at all cost” football related issue. Surratt has always ran this program with integrity. I have to give him the benefit of the doubt. 

He's in the suit by fault. Him an Otis. They knew what was going on dude. FBI has done an investigation and said they knew. Keep supporting a this #winatnocost

Keep it up.....I promise it looks worse as the days go by

5 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Your right. The young lady is full of #### and looking to get paid. Now to more important things. Can y’all get that 7th ring. I’d pull my daughters out tomorrow if I were down there. Disgusting. 

A freshman you think they would loose their careers over a freshman. You people are laughable!!!!! 

Hey, I know I don't post on here much, but, where in the world did all y'all get your internet law degrees?? Asking for a friend of course. 

Just had to get on here and make sure that I was right to suspect that some of the good ol folks of smoaky would turn a horrible situation into ammo for their hatred of Carthage. 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, CLASSof2010 said:

Hey, I know I don't post on here much, but, where in the world did all y'all get your internet law degrees?? Asking for a friend of course. 

Just had to get on here and make sure that I was right to suspect that some of the good ol folks of smoaky would turn a horrible situation into ammo for their hatred of Carthage. 

Hit the nail on the head.  Most can’t even read!!!!  

• Like 1

Okay, that's enough...locking this thread because so many of you are clueless with your insinuations, allegations and in some cases, perhaps slander in either direction. And, I'm not taking any sides of this story, but I've heard from many of you in various ways.

And, if any of you were on one side of this story or the other and read what I've read in this thread, you would be in a fetal position and asking me to ban someone or delete a post or contacting an attorney.

I know this story won't die because I lock a thread, but you better have your information correct when the next thread opens.

Thank you.

David Smoak
[email protected]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Smoaky locked this topic