Baseball Playoff Thread

Sportsfanatic1

4 hours ago, threejs said:

This was the most interesting part of the article, to me:

As Argyle looks to get back on track against Pleasant Grove, the Eagles point to a new team-first mantra as one of the key changes they’ve made since last season. The team prides itself on the motto of “The 24”, emphasizing each player’s focus on the other 24 members of the 25-man roster.

I thought the same thing. 

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:25 PM, WhoamI97539 said:

Crandall played Kilgore tough Kilgore hit the ball to a player couldn't catch a hole until bottom of 6th when Kilgore scored 2 from a 2 out suicide sqeeze bunt. 

I wasn't at the game, but why would a team suicide squeeze with 2 outs? All you have to do is make the out at first base. Maybe a bunt for a hit?

6 minutes ago, ChicoEsquela said:

I wasn't at the game, but why would a team suicide squeeze with 2 outs? All you have to do is make the out at first base. Maybe a bunt for a hit?

It was a ballsy call no doubt, but Kilgore’s best bunter and fastest base runner was at the plate. He couldn’t have hand tossed it any better. It was just a coach knowing his kids and having confidence in them doing a job.

PG didn't have the pitching this year to compete with Argyle.  You knew it wasn't going to be the Hawks' night when the first two warmup pitches bounced 6 feet in front of the plate.  Argyle did a lot of its damage with 2 outs, and sometimes with 2 strikes.  If Kilgore gets past Crandall, I think the Bulldogs' pitching gives them a shot of surprising Argyle, but it won't be easy.

4 hours ago, Parisian said:

PG didn't have the pitching this year to compete with Argyle.  You knew it wasn't going to be the Hawks' night when the first two warmup pitches bounced 6 feet in front of the plate.  Argyle did a lot of its damage with 2 outs, and sometimes with 2 strikes.  If Kilgore gets past Crandall, I think the Bulldogs' pitching gives them a shot of surprising Argyle, but it won't be easy.

I hope it's a series. Like the announcer said, one bad call can cost a team their whole season.

3 hours ago, DTrump said:

Smh....They just may, but it wont be just to scout Kilgore. 

Well seeing they had already beaten Crandall twice this yr I think they pretty much know what Crandall has to offer. But I was told Argyle coaches where there at the first gm.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1