⚜️ Boy Scouts to allow Girls

DAWG91

• 6 months later...

Almost every organization has become infested with liberal inclusion though. Once the leadership has been bought off and is unwilling to stand for their values you lose. You have the girl scouts why do you need to include girls?  

2 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Almost every organization has become infested with liberal inclusion though. Once the leadership has been bought off and is unwilling to stand for their values you lose. You have the girl scouts why do you need to include girls?  

think the argument is that the Boys and the Girls in their "respective" scouting agencies do different things. I guess.

3 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

think the argument is that the Boys and the Girls in their "respective" scouting agencies do different things. I guess.

I am sure they think the little girls are getting the short end of the stick. Probably change the name to Scouts of America or something like that. 

• Mr. P changed the title to ⚜️ Boy Scouts to allow Girls

I thought there was already a thread on this when it was announced on October 11, 2017.  I don't think it's a good idea at all.  I suppose they'll be adding a birth control merit badge.  One thing you don't need is hormone raging teenagers camping with each other.  I know they're somewhat chaperoned by a Scout Master, but there will be sneaking into tents.  I guarantee it.  Heck I remember three guys that commendeered one of the row boats, and crossed Lake Murvaul when we were at Camp Pirtle.  Supposedly there was a Girl Scout Camp on the other side of the lake.  They didn't kiss or tell, so I don't think they met up with any girls.  

4 hours ago, AKA said:

I get their argument, but why not encourage the Girls Scouts to be more inclusive? There's no law preventing the Girl Scouts from going camping. 

They do as well, after they raised an uproar, because the Boy Scouts changed their policy.  They didn't want to lose their members.  However, the boy has to identify a a girl.  http://unitedfamilies.org/abstinence/girl-scouts-now-allow-boys/

• 7 months later...

They deserve to go under.  My brother was a Scout Master for the past 15 years, and he said after the changes he would never do it again under the stipulations the BSA has implemented.  I used to love scouting, because it helped you with so many outdoor skills.  There were valuable lessons that would help you later on in life.  It's a shame it's gone down hill.  I know friends would make fun of you if you were in the scouts, but I guarantee back in the day if a "Lord of the Flies" scenario happened the Scout would have won in the end.  Now they're a bunch of pansies.  They even have a video game merit badge now.  How stupid is that.  That's not a life skill.