Tatum HC moving to OC?

randomuser

20 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

People have said it will be hard to get good coaches because of what our board did during the last hiring process. I think it’s the other way around. If your board isn’t afraid of the Supe and is willing to “buck him”,  that’s means they will fight for what is right. If I was a coach, that’s exactly the kind of board I would want to work for. We don’t take kindly to people with agendas. 

You are truly out of the loop. I think the Tatum locals don't really understand how much of a drag it can be to politic with them so much. Sorry, but it is what it is. Try laying off the coaches a bit and maybe people will want to stick around. That and get rid of your Sup who is currently piling on the classes and cutting athletic periods for coaches. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Stinks 2

6 minutes ago, KellyLeak said:

You are truly out of the loop. I think the Tatum locals don't really understand how much of a drag it can be to politic with them so much. Sorry, but it is what it is. Try laying off the coaches a bit and maybe people will want to stick around. That and get rid of your Sup who is currently piling on the classes and cutting athletic periods for coaches. 

I could NEVER understand why Tatum would hire a Superintendent that is so ANTI Athletics. That may have been the dumbest think in the history of the school. This school districts identity is tied to athletics.  

• Like 3
  • Stinks 1

31 minutes ago, KellyLeak said:

23 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

I could NEVER understand why Tatum would hire a Superintendent that is so ANTI Athletics. That may have been the dumbest think in the history of the school. This school districts identity is tied to athletics.  

I never knew him to have that kinda rep. In fact, I thought he started out as a coach? Are you sure he's not just trying to maintain and/or build upon the previous supt's accomplishments (in student performance)? 

No smack talk, sincerely curious. 

20 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

We spoke to most of the board members last time and all they kept telling us was that their intentions were to find someone who checks off the most amount of boxes. 

I think he's making it really hard to get quality coaches in there. 

40 minutes ago, KellyLeak said:

Try laying off the coaches? You won’t find a single person in Tatum that supports our coaches more than I do. I don’t know, maybe you misunderstood the point I was making. I’m not the greatest with words. 

11 minutes ago, AKA said:

I never knew him to have that kinda rep. In fact, I thought he started out as a coach? Are you sure he's not just trying to maintain and/or build upon the previous supt's accomplishments (in student performance)? 

Over his last two stops, Gladewater and Tatum, he has proven to be ANTI athletics. He makes it next to impossible to get quality coaches and then makes it impossible to keep those coaches. He down plays the importance of athletics in the education process and refuses to allow athletics to have a position of importance. It's not hard to have and academic and athletic balance, but he is a classic ACADEMIA that thinks only stupid people place an importance on athletics.

• Stinks 1

5 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Try laying off the coaches? You won’t find a single person in Tatum that supports our coaches more than I do. I don’t know, maybe you misunderstood the point I was making. I’m not the greatest with words. 

He was talking about the administration, not parents or fans. Unless you are an administrator, he wasn't talking about you.

17 minutes ago, AKA said:

He also has a vendetta against the School Board for the way the hiring of Barker took place and he is doing everything in his power to ensure failure for Barker and his hires.

2 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

He also has a vendetta against the School Board for the way the hiring of Barker took place and he is doing everything in his power to ensure failure for Barker and his hires.

How exactly can you make that claim? Are you the Sup? Y'all play poker together?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, playactionpass39 said:

So you’re saying that he thinks it’s just fine for a Supe to force a coach on us? The hiring process was done correctly last time. I hope it’s done correctly this time with no agendas. Time will tell. 

23 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

I'm not pointing a finger directly at you, persay. Just in general, the public doesn't really understand that these coaches don't want to talk about a loss right after it happens or even the next morning at a restaurant. Then there's the whole "yeah, Johnny should've faked left and then went right" where Joe Schmo from the public likes to spout off his sports' knowledge and it just wears a guy down to have to listen to that. As much information as Tatum posters put on smoaky, it's obvious that coaches there are forced to talk about things with people in the community.

• Stinks 1

26 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Over his last two stops, Gladewater and Tatum, he has proven to be ANTI athletics. He makes it next to impossible to get quality coaches and then makes it impossible to keep those coaches. He down plays the importance of athletics in the education process and refuses to allow athletics to have a position of importance. It's not hard to have and academic and athletic balance, but he is a classic ACADEMIA that thinks only stupid people place an importance on athletics.

23 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Whoa...

I've never understood Supt's that don't care about athletics. Everything is tied to them. What most of these in administration have no concept of is that athletics will bring your numbers up in everything else. Sports is all some of these kids have. You have to be in the classroom and making the grades in order to be on the field. When you have a winning tradition, kids want to be a part of that. In order for that to happen, there grades must be up and they must be in class, thus improving the academic side of it. 

When you have a successful football program for example, more kids want to be a part of it and be involved. Can't physically play football? Ok more kids will want to be a part of the band or drill teams etc... just something to be involved. Guess what, all those kids have to be in class and make the grades as well, and now wouldn't you know it, those academics are rising again. Not to mention the sense of school and community pride the kids get from having successful programs.

Finally, there is the money factor. Success brings in revenue for the schools and how is that ever a bad thing? Sorry for my long rant, but more often than not, these Supt's live in such a fantasy land and have no concept of reality outside of the school system. I'm not saying that is what's going on here, as Im not close enough to the situation. I've just seen it way too many times with these "academic first" people in charge. I've never seen it workout for them, yet they keep doing the same thing. I believe there is a word for that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKA said:

Whoa...

This move is easily explainable...  Kerry Strong sent in his resume to Tatum.  Just the idea that he was interested, made the HC ask to be reassigned under Strong's tutelage 

6 minutes ago, Alpha99 said:

I've never understood Supt's that don't care about athletics. Everything is tied to them. What most of these in administration have no concept of is that athletics will bring your numbers up in everything else. Sports is all some of these kids have. You have to be in the classroom and making the grades in order to be on the field. When you have a winning tradition, kids want to be a part of that. In order for that to happen, there grades must be up and they must be in class, thus improving the academic side of it. 

When you have a successful football program for example, more kids want to be a part of it and be involved. Can't physically play football? Ok more kids will want to be a part of the band or drill teams etc... just something to be involved. Guess what, all those kids have to be in class and make the grades as well, and now wouldn't you know it, those academics are rising again. Not to mention the sense of school and community pride the kids get from having successful programs.

Finally, there is the money factor. Success brings in revenue for the schools and how is that ever a bad thing? Sorry for my long rant, but more often than not, these Supt's live in such a fantasy land and have no concept of reality outside of the school system. I'm not saying that is what's going on here, as Im not close enough to the situation. I've just seen it way too many times with these "academic first" people in charge. I've never seen it workout for them, yet they keep doing the same thing. I believe there is a word for that.

Pretty sure making the playoffs actually cost more money than the revenue that it brings in.

Just now, MavGrad99 said:

This move is easily explainable...  Kerry Strong sent in his resume to Tatum.  Just the idea that he was interested, made the HC ask to be reassigned under Strong's tutelage 

I call BS. 

Kerry Strong doesn't apply for coaching jobs. Coaching jobs apply for Kerry Strong. 

6 minutes ago, KellyLeak said:

I'm not pointing a finger directly at you, persay. Just in general, the public doesn't really understand that these coaches don't want to talk about a loss right after it happens or even the next morning at a restaurant. Then there's the whole "yeah, Johnny should've faked left and then went right" where Joe Schmo from the public likes to spout off his sports' knowledge and it just wears a guy down to have to listen to that. As much information as Tatum posters put on smoaky, it's obvious that coaches there are forced to talk about things with people in the community.

Exactly what information are we putting out there that is forcing coaches to have to explain?

Community- “Coach, you care to explain why Tatum fans are saying they’ll support an 0-10 season just as much as a 16-0 season?”

• Like 1