Tatum Eagles Football 2018

Eagle8

15 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

If I remember correctly, we have said “this group will get us there” after a scrimmage or two, talking about Varsity. When talking about sub varsity, we’ve mentioned a couple guys to keep an eye on. But these two classes we are talking about now may really be something to talk about. Btw, a couple of those varsity teams we said should get us there, shoulda gotten us there, at least two of them. 

I never said yall shouldn't have been there. I agree on 2 of those as well. I know yall have the talent man. It's obvious it's there. 

14 hours ago, EastTxFinest said:

I never said yall shouldn't have been there. I agree on 2 of those as well. I know yall have the talent man. It's obvious it's there. 

I'll play along.....For 3A D1 standards....the 2018 team will be fairly solid, I'd venture to say a well above average team with a solid group of skill players that I think has a legitimate chance to challenge for the district crown and go fairly deep in the playoffs. Atlanta would be the team that worries the most in the playoffs, and should be everyone's biggest worry for anybody that knows football and understands they return either 10 or 11 on offense. I'm gonna say we finish anywhere from 8-2 to 10-0 with the biggest worries being Center, Gladewater, and believe it or not West Rusk(no depth but return  good bit of quality starters and have the potential to upset the top 2 teams in the district(Tatum and Gwater) if they are taken lightly. Daingerfield and Hughes Springs arent (gimme's) by any means. Both should be scrappy for smaller schools. White Oak has to replace basically everything when i tell you they have to replace QB Hood....he was their offense. Mineola should be decent. Winny will be somewhat ok I guess. Sabine in big trouble. Pittsburg was actually my number 1 biggest worry on the schedule though I heard some quite interesting news that knocked them off of my worry list should it be true, which has to do with 2 of their top 3 players moving away from Pitt. And if that does end up being the case.....it automatically takes them from above average to sub par instantly imo. All in all, I expect us to compete quite well. I wouldn't expect a whole lot of blow outs because other than Sabine, there aren't any just down right horrible teams on the sched. I'd say Winnsboro and Mineola would be the weakest 2 outside of poor Sabine and those 2 teams ain't trash by any means. Minny is just a few years past being the 3A D1 state champs and Winny generally plays well above their talent pool in a style if offense that tends frustrate more athletic teams. So while we aren't playing teams twice our enrollment or even larger like the past 2 seasons....we didn't schedule any cupcakes either. Gonna be a good season. Let's call it the calm before the storm.....cuz the 2 years following this next season will be when you see our best talent surge since the 05-06-07 seasons.

• LOL! 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

I'll play along.....For 3A D1 standards....the 2018 team will be fairly solid, I'd venture to say a well above average team with a solid group of skill players that I think has a legitimate chance to challenge for the district crown and go fairly deep in the playoffs. Atlanta would be the team that worries the most in the playoffs, and should be everyone's biggest worry for anybody that knows football and understands they return either 10 or 11 on offense. I'm gonna say we finish anywhere from 8-2 to 10-0 with the biggest worries being Center, Gladewater, and believe it or not West Rusk(no depth but return  good bit of quality starters and have the potential to upset the top 2 teams in the district(Tatum and Gwater) if they are taken lightly. Daingerfield and Hughes Springs arent (gimme's) by any means. Both should be scrappy for smaller schools. White Oak has to replace basically everything when i tell you they have to replace QB Hood....he was their offense. Mineola should be decent. Winny will be somewhat ok I guess. Sabine in big trouble. Pittsburg was actually my number 1 biggest worry on the schedule though I heard some quite interesting news that knocked them off of my worry list should it be true, which has to do with 2 of their top 3 players moving away from Pitt. And if that does end up being the case.....it automatically takes them from above average to sub par instantly imo. All in all, I expect us to compete quite well. I wouldn't expect a whole lot of blow outs because other than Sabine, there aren't any just down right horrible teams on the sched. I'd say Winnsboro and Mineola would be the weakest 2 outside of poor Sabine and those 2 teams ain't trash by any means. Minny is just a few years past being the 3A D1 state champs and Winny generally plays well above their talent pool in a style if offense that tends frustrate more athletic teams. So while we aren't playing teams twice our enrollment or even larger like the past 2 seasons....we didn't schedule any cupcakes either. Gonna be a good season. Let's call it the calm before the storm.....cuz the 2 years following this next season will be when you see our best talent surge since the 05-06-07 seasons.

Nicely put 8. I was just curious lol

1 hour ago, Instigator said:

Just for the record, Barker is not going to Pittsburgh 

Whether he stays in Tatum, goes to Pitt, or anywhere else, I wish him nothing but the best. He's a really good man and a really good coach. 

• Like 4

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:33 PM, WestRusk2009 said:

I know injury bug took a toll a couple of those years. Hard to play schools twice (or more) your size week to week and stay healthy. 

I think another bug got them too!!!!!!!

• Stinks 1

Good grief, I take a 28 day trip out of the country and come home to this mess...

Don't worry Tatum will be just fine. I believe the last coach/ad was just like a rebound girlfriend for Tatum.  We had such a great coach for so long that the next guy was doomed...so maybe now we can settle in with a coach for the long run once again!

15 minutes ago, warhawk1432 said:

Good grief, I take a 28 day trip out of the country and come home to this mess...

Don't worry Tatum will be just fine. I believe the last coach/ad was just like a rebound girlfriend for Tatum.  We had such a great coach for so long that the next guy was doomed...so maybe now we can settle in with a coach for the long run once again!

I thought this was normal for a Tatum thread :lol: