Top 10 4A Dl 2018 Football

RedRed

5 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Even if we are ranked #1 to start all it takes is a couple losses in predistrict and we'll drop.  Good thing polls dont matter in tx hs football is all i know.

I don’t give a rip about preseason rankings in high school football. They mean absolutely nothing and have no baring on the playoffs.

An early loss can be a good thing for a team. Us Bulldogs fans have experienced losses and vast improvements after/later in the season. Those losses have always seemed to galvanize the Bulldogs. Early season losses are almost welcome in my mind so those boys don’t get the big head and really focus on improving every week. 

6 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I don’t give a rip about preseason rankings in high school football. They mean absolutely nothing and have no baring on the playoffs.

An early loss can be a good thing for a team. Us Bulldogs fans have experienced losses and vast improvements after/later in the season. Those losses have always seemed to galvanize the Bulldogs. Early season losses are almost welcome in my mind so those boys don’t get the big head and really focus on improving every week. 

As long as it's not to Henderson.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:13 PM, RedRed said:

Ok well since nobody is saying anything here goes.

Carthage 
Stephenville
La Vega 
Midlothian Heritage 
Argyle 
Melissa
Kilgore
Henderson
Liberty Hill
Van

Got the K before the H..  I like it.

3 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I’m not knowing about Argyle being ranked that high. I watched them last year before their starting QB got injured and was WAY underwhelmed with their performance that night. 

Zero speed on either side of the ball. 

Same thing can be said about Stephenville. I only saw them once against Kennedale last year, but they looked like they were standing still on some plays. Kennedale made them look slow. And I wasn’t overly impressed with Kennedale’s speed. 

18 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Foster will probably be the best player in 4a this year. Should be one of the top players in the state.

Kid is the best RB I've seen out of WF in a long time, and I saw a couple good ones there when I was stationed there. Wish Arkansas could nab him but highly doubtful he leaves the state. 

23 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Is LE due for a run? I know they will have the jimmies and joes, especially at the skill positions. Might be a team to watch. I know they have Cross, Greer, and Cooper coming back. I think all 3 are studs.

L-E will be Division 2 the next two years. 

22 hours ago, Hlion said:

Anyone wants to question the toughness of the Doom ? Having four Pre seasons teams is impressive and maybe our playoff representative. Of course Chapel Hill and Palestine if they ever turned the corner dang LoL

The only district that comes close to being this tough is district 5 in region 2. La Vega, Stephenville, China Spring, Brownwood, and Gatesville. Next one would be district 7 with Celina, Argyle, Melissa etc. I still think this district is the toughest though

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vandal2106 said:

The only district that comes close to being this tough is district 5 in region 2. La Vega, Stephenville, China Spring, Brownwood, and Gatesville. Next one would be district 7 with Celina, Argyle, Melissa etc. I still think this district is the toughest though

It’s definitely a good debate. But there is a lot of people that would say that LV, Ville, CS, BW district is tougher. If you were to match up these 2 districts in the 1st round of the playoffs it would probably be 2-2. I guess we will know a lot more as the season progresses. 

On 6/9/2018 at 7:59 AM, Vandal2106 said:

I would put the Doom at a close #2 here. What I like about district 5 is the fact that all the top teams are pretty even. In the doom there's somewhat of a gap between Carthage and Hendo/Kilgore and another gap between Van. In D5 you have 3 teams all together.

On 6/11/2018 at 1:56 PM, ctown81 said:

I would put the Doom at a close #2 here. What I like about district 5 is the fact that all the top teams are pretty even. In the doom there's somewhat of a gap between Carthage and Hendo/Kilgore and another gap between Van. In D5 you have 3 teams all together.

La Vega is always good. I don't know about Stephenville unless if they return a lot of starters. I saw them play Kennedale in the playoffs and they lost 54-28. Van put up a good fight, but still lost 42-28 to Kennedale  

Van may very well be a force to be reckoned with... I don’t know much about them. What I do know is that Carthage, Kilgore, and Henderson are going to be pretty stacked in grades 10-12 this season. And that’s normally bad news for other teams in the district/area/region.

On 6/12/2018 at 10:41 PM, Aggie98 said:

Van may very well be a force to be reckoned with... I don’t know much about them. What I do know is that Carthage, Kilgore, and Henderson are going to be pretty stacked in grades 10-12 this season. And that’s normally bad news for other teams in the district/area/region.

Van is capable of beating the top 3 on any given night. I say they get 3rd