2018 World Cup

Stoney

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 4:54 PM, MavGrad99 said:

Huge ratings drop.  You have to think in large part from the US not being in it at all.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/world-cup-final-us-ratings-a-15-percent-hit-2014-still-a-fox-win-1127309

I have to think it's because soccer bores the average person to tears .... :drool:

Edited by KirtFalcon

• 1 month later...

Maybe they could combine golf and soccer to make them a sport? Just sayin'. Some dude come into that goalie -box swinging the club at the futbol then the left back lays him out with a shoulder to the lips.   .............I'd probably watch. Ain't watching Ol Enrique hold his ankle and whine for two hours though.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

8 hours ago, Doomer said:

Maybe they could combine golf and soccer to make them a sport? Just sayin'. Some dude come into that goalie -box swinging the club at the futbol then the left back lays him out with a shoulder to the lips.   .............I'd probably watch. Ain't watching Ol Enrique hold his ankle and whine for two hours though.

At least in golf, there is a score posted after every hole.  Watching soccer is about like watching a disturbed fire ant mound for two hours ... I looks the same as it did two hours ago ... Soccer rules need to be changed to allow more scoring, I might watch if the games scores were like 32 - 27.  I ain't watching them play keep away with the ball all day hoping by some miracle somebody accidentally gets one in the goal ... hockey games are low scoring, but at least they stop and fight several times a game to keep the spectators entertained ...

Edited by KirtFalcon
  • LOL! 1

• 1 month later...