Washington Post workers demand raise

Mr. P

Employees sign petition, tell billionaire owner Jeff Bezos 'share the wealth'

• More than 400 Washington Post employees signed a petition addressed to owner Jeff Bezos pointing out what they call unfair employment practices
  • The petition calls for 'fair wages; fair benefits for retirement, family leave and health care; and a fair amount of job security'
  • The petition noted that within the last year, 'the Post has doubled the number of digital subscriptions and increased its online traffic by more than half'
  • Now the staff is asking for Bezos to step up and, in addition to creating wealth, to 'share it with the people who helped you create it'
  • The message asked readers and viewers to share it, if in agreement, using the hashtags #DearJeffBezos and #OneYearLater 
  • Bezos, who is also the founder, chairman, and chief executive officer of Amazon, could not immediately be reached for comment on the petition

Lol, the layers of irony in this are just delicious. I can't wait to see how this comes out. 

10 minutes ago, AKA said:

Employees sign petition, tell billionaire owner Jeff Bezos 'share the wealth'

Lol, the layers of irony in this are just delicious. I can't wait to see how this comes out. 

I recon they could enlist the “Post-al” Workers Union to advise them how to go on strike & walk out! That could cease production until Bezos could replace them with “Scabs!” 🤣