Official 2018-2019 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

cujoforlife

6 hours ago, johntylerfan said:

I've been saying this for 4years now. JT is competitive in spite of it all.  I hoping we'll pick more numbers in the coming years. Boulter and Moore have some promising kids coming up to JT. I feel we will be VERY competitive as long we stay in 5A.

yea, hopefully with the new zones, JT will see some growth in numbers on the field....but I have a feeling 6a is coming back around for JT.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:07 PM, Greenville said:

You ever think you'd see the day where Greenville would have a chance to play big-time spoiler, and eliminate Ennis from going to the playoffs? It's not going to happen, of course, but the fact that the possibility even exists is shocking to me.

No,,,It's not going to happen

Marshall is locked in at first. 

Lindale is in second, but could drop to third with a loss and a WH win. 

WH is in third, but could move up to second with a win and a Lindale loss. 

Nac is in with a win. 

PT or Jax can get in with wins and some help.  

MP and Hallsville are eliminated 

4 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Marshall is locked in at first. 

Lindale is in second, but could drop to third with a loss and a WH win. 

WH is in third, but could move up to second with a win and a Lindale loss. 

Nac is in with a win. 

PT or Jax can get in with wins and some help.  

MP and Hallsville are eliminated 

A PT win-A Nac win and a Lindale loss and Lindale stays home. All 3 would be 4-3 and PT (+27) and Nac (-11) have higher points than Lindale (-16).

Add a Hallsville win at WH and it gets really fun. Then you have a 4 way tie and we have Nac(-15) eliminated-PT would be 2 seed at +25, WH +1 and Lindale at -11

Not saying it will happen, but not sure anyone outside of PT thought they would beat Lindale by 28 points.

Jax would loose the tie breakers to Nac. A Jax win, with a Nac and PT loss...All would be 3-4 Nac(+5), Jax (+4) Pt is (-5) NAc would still go. 

33 minutes ago, Jakeelee86 said:

I’m pretty sure all the games will turn out as everyone thinks this week. Marshall, Lindale, Whitehouse, and Nac all win

I am sure your right, but it takes the fun out of the build up of the games if we just said that and moved on:)

Barring some strange upsets tonight....

Lamar Consolidated will come to Marshall. 

Montgomery will likely come to Lindale 

Whitehouse will go to A&M Consolidated 

Nacogdoches will go to Huntsville 

The Mav JV beat PT last night (score?) to finish a perfect 7-0 in 9-5A. They finished (7-3) overall. 

Both of the 8th grade teams went undefeated in district play. The red team finished the season 8-0.   The white team finished 6-1-1 (need to verify).

Varsity has clinched the district championship and will go 8-2 with a win tonight. 

4 district titles and a possible 25-0 in district play by those teams is prettt impressive. 

9th grade has had a rough season. 

Proud of athletes and the staff for making this such an xcoting season of Maverick football. 

The future is looking good!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

The Mav JV beat PT last night (score?) to finish a perfect 7-0 in 9-5A. They finished (7-3) overall. 

Both of the 8th grade teams went undefeated in district play. The red team finished the season 8-0.   The white team finished 6-1-1 (need to verify).

Varsity has clinched the district championship and will go 8-2 with a win tonight. 

4 district titles and a possible 25-0 in district play by those teams is prettt impressive. 

9th grade has had a rough season. 

Proud of athletes and the staff for making this such an xcoting season of Maverick football. 

The future is looking good!

Freshman struggles due to the better players playing up or just a rough class??

OK East Texas 5A..... we've struggled in the playoffs the last few years.  Time to regain some credibility.  Who gets it done this week?  Who you got?

Tomball Vs. John Tyler
McKinney North Vs. Lufkin
Lamar Consolidated Vs. Marshall
Montgomery Vs. Lindale
A&M Consolidated Vs. Whitehouse
Nacogdoches Vs. Huntsville
Lake Dallas Vs. Corsicana
Sulphur Springs Vs. Frisco

Obviously it never could have happened because of how things use to be aligned..... but Longview, John Tyler, Marshall, and Lufkin all winning district titles in the same year is pretty impressive if we can all make some noise with it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

OK East Texas 5A..... we've struggled in the playoffs the last few years.  Time to regain some credibility.  Who gets it done this week?  Who you got?

Tomball Vs. John Tyler
McKinney North Vs. Lufkin
Lamar Consolidated Vs. Marshall
Montgomery Vs. Lindale
A&M Consolidated Vs. Whitehouse
Nacogdoches Vs. Huntsville
Denison Vs. Corsicana
Sulphur Springs Vs. Frisco

Obviously it never could have happened because of how things use to be aligned..... but Longview, John Tyler, Marshall, and Lufkin all winning district titles in the same year is pretty impressive if we can all make some noise with it.

Give me....

John Tyler

Lufkin

Marshall

Montgomery

A&M Consolidated

Huntsville

Denison 

Frisco

East Texas 5A will go 3-5 in round 1. Hoping for some upsets (cough,cough) McKinney North 😉😉 lmao. 

• Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Give me....

John Tyler

Lufkin

Marshall

Montgomery

A&M Consolidated

Huntsville

Denison 

Frisco

East Texas 5A will go 3-5 in round 1. Hoping for some upsets (cough,cough) McKinney North 😉😉 lmao. 

Hoping Tomball wins just for that! Lol