Official 2018-2019 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

cujoforlife

16 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

The sooner this become a reality, the better.

Yes it's nice to have a game 15 minutes away from home and to have a for sure sell out crowd most years. But the game isn't competitive most seasons anymore. Definitely not for the full 48 minutes. 

I have no ill will toward any Maverick out there. I never did. My generation does not know what it's like to hate Marshall. It's just the old 12-5A crew and before that's holding onto it. Move on and find some better match ups for both teams.

It's not like we even play each other in basketball in non-district play. It's been 6 years since we've played in non-district in girls basketball, and 8 in boys basketball. It can be doneeeee. 

I think everybody agrees, it really is only a matter of who is going to "fall on the sword" and take the hit for cancelling the "RIVALRY."

7 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

When he applied for DrSoto both times many people in the town were completely done with him

Don’t think the problem was applying. 

The shenanigans were the problem.

stuff that would curl your hair. 

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

Don’t think the problem was applying. 

The shenanigans were the problem.

stuff that would curl your hair. 

Yeah, but what I am getting at is that I can see why the kid doesn’t feel connected to Marshall.  Unfortunately, that stuff doesn’t stop at the dad, it rolls down to the kid too. 

Whike i 100% feel the kid should have listed Marshall as his school, I can also see why he wouldn’t 

3 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Yeah, but what I am getting at is that I can see why the kid doesn’t feel connected to Marshall.  Unfortunately, that stuff doesn’t stop at the dad, it rolls down to the kid too. 

Whike i 100% feel the kid should have listed Marshall as his school, I can also see why he wouldn’t 

I get it.  Sort of. 

But to list a school you never played a down for... shrug. 

If  he screws up at TAMU—C....I’d rather it be  listed DHS anyway. Lmao. 

• Like 1

Lufkin beat Marshall 62-53

Nac beat PT 53-50

Setting up the district championship game in Nac on Friday at 6........Lufkin is on a 13 game winning streak, Nac has played a lot of close games the second time through district.  

The #2 seed in our district could possibly have a date with #2 ranked team in the state Lancaster in the 2nd round.

I am as fanatical as they come when it comes to Marshall Maverick Football, and a ardent supporter of the program.  I thought I would take a moment to weigh in on all of the talk about Champ listing DeSoto as his school on signing day rather than Marshall.  IMHO, I feel that it is much to do about nothing.  I can only wish the best for the young man as he moves forward, and play at the next level, because he played hard for us for two (2) years.  He may have put down DeSoto as his school, but his entire display was "Red and White," and all Marshall Maverick!  If I were asking the question, I would want to know how did DeSoto feel having all that "Red and White" in the midst of their Green and Gold. Personally, I'm excited about moving forward with our young, talented, and innovative new AD/HFC (Who seemingly want to be in Marshall). I refuse to dwell on the past, because it is hard to move forward looking back. Lets go MAVS!!!

16-5A girls split in the first round of the playoffs playoffs. 

John Tyler lost to Texas High 67-34

Lufkin beat MP 66-30

Royse City beat Hallsville 88-52

jacksonville beat Sulphur Springs 57-46

————-

Texas High gets Cleburne next

Lufkin gets North Forney

Jacksonville gets Mesquite Poteet

On 2/13/2019 at 8:18 AM, Nacwagons said:

Lufkin beat Marshall 62-53

Nac beat PT 53-50

Setting up the district championship game in Nac on Friday at 6........Lufkin is on a 13 game winning streak, Nac has played a lot of close games the second time through district.  

The #2 seed in our district could possibly have a date with #2 ranked team in the state Lancaster in the 2nd round.

Should be a great one. And it’s not the district championship game. Both are co champs. It’s for seeding..

12 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Should be a great one. And it’s not the district championship game. Both are co champs. It’s for seeding..

It is being billed by both sides as the district title game, yes it is for seeding. Both are technically co champs but the winner of this game is going to say they are the district champs. Going to be a great game, full house, better get there early if u want a seat!!! 

1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

It is being billed by both sides as the district title game, yes it is for seeding. Both are technically co champs but the winner of this game is going to say they are the district champs. Going to be a great game, full house, better get there early if u want a seat!!! 

I understand that, but it’s not the district title game lol. Don’t care who says otherwise. Both are co champs. I’ll be there though. Safe travels to everyone! Go Pack!! Ladies also play tonight, so it may not be as many Lufkin fans that are expected. 

21 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I understand that, but it’s not the district title game lol. Don’t care who says otherwise. Both are co champs. I’ll be there though. Safe travels to everyone! Go Pack!! Ladies also play tonight, so it may not be as many Lufkin fans that are expected. 

Ladies play in Longview, so could be a split pack crowd. 

Should be fun!!