District 10-3A (D-II)

Tiger1995

District 10 Info.

Here's just a little info I started on with the District. While on paper the District would look on the lower end of 3Ad2, I believe there are some teams who are coming out of down turns about to emerge as some good tuff teams in 2018. The preseason District schedules on the Top 4 will tell us a lot about this District early and where they matchup compared to some of the better programs from 2017 to 2018 in 3AD2, and against each Other.

Here's where jj thinks things will play out from the on "Paper" view

Rankings

#1 Harmony 11-1 in 2017 - I believe everyone is in agreement that Harmony is no doubt a clear favorite riding into this District and they are probably chomping at the bits with the possibility that they can sweep the District going into the 3AD2 2018 Playoffs. Simply put Harmony brings back a lot of great young men and is very well coached. They will be Hard to beat by anyone in 3AD2 period, let alone in District Play. Harmony has a tough preseason schedule with a few key preseason games that are common opponents with 2 of the jj ranked top 4 in District play. Key Preseason Games: Harmony vs West Rusk- Common District opponent * Arp: Harmony vs Elysian Fields - Common D10 opponent Winona. I believe Harmony will come into District with a 2-1 Record and be ready for District Play.

#2 Winona 4-7 in 2017 - Winona returns a ton of talent on offense. They should be able to score with anyone in the district. They will challenge for the top spot in District play. Winona is set up to go on a good 2018 run with talent. They will be one of the fastest teams in the state skill wise. If you want to see a high flying, high scoring football team then by all means go see the Winona Wildcats play football in 2018. I fully expect Winona and Harmony to be the Game of the week when they matchup.

#3 Arp 4-6 in 2017 - Arp coming off a tough year and a first round playoff routing by the hands of Newton, Arp Returns 19 Lettermen from 2017 and some must see kids. Arp seems to have the toughest preseason schedule in the district with an opener of WR, Hughes Springs and Jefferson. Arp will have common opponents with Harmony, Arp vs West Rusk week 1. Don't be surprised if Arp goes 0-3 to start the season. Homer Note** I honestly see them going 2-1 in preseason and IF Arp goes 2-1 in preseason they will put everyone on notice they are back** Key players to watch: Logan Shuttleworth WR/OLB/ Jakobie Bussey RB/ Kajon Horton DT/ and Sr RB/OLB Caleb Wright. Arp will be handing the Keys to the ship to backup # 14 Sr QB Leonard Cabe .

#4 Troup 5-5 in 2017 - Troup returns a great group of talent and kids. Key players like RB Trent Allen and Bryce Attaway are going to be some of the Districts top performers. Don't sleep on these guys they can take over a game at anytime against anyone. Troups toughest preseason opponent appears to be Teneha. I expect Troup to come into District Play with a record of 2-1. To me Troup is the Dark Horse of the District. They will have size, Speed and a lot of experience coming back and very well could shake this district up real quick. NO TEAM IN DISTRICT IS SAFE VS TROUP. Troup has the tools to be #2 but till they win in the big games again I have to put them in at #4.

Folks that rounds out my top 4

#5 Alba Golden 3-7 Alba seems to be the only one who could shake things up. Will they??? Only time will tell.

#6 Grand Saline 1-9

#7 Quitman 0-10

#8 Frankston 1-9

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ericflair said:

I thought Quitman was 0-40? And the only reason Grand Saline isn’t 0-30 something is because they beat Quitman. 

may have been. for some reason I had them wrote down as 1-9. still don't make much difference

How many guys from the District do we have on here? I know Jett, a few Troup guys and possible a new Arp guy from Last year. How's Harmony's SDC presence? I guess they will come out the woodworks soon coming off an 11-1 season.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

How many guys from the District do we have on here? I know Jett, a few Troup guys and possible a new Arp guy from Last year. How's Harmony's SDC presence? I guess they will come out the woodworks soon coming off an 11-1 season.

Harmony has a few. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TigerPride43 said:

Troup has the potential to be salty.   Good bunch of players coming up to help out this senior group.   SHOULD be an exciting year.  

Defense is key though.....gave up way too many points over the last few years.   

Only thing that will shock me this year with Troup is a win against Arp.....well that's cause Arp is better than Troup LMAO

8 hours ago, jett2010 said:

Should be  some interesting games this year, where's the countdown to kickoff clock we had last year 

Winona if they come out of Preseason Like I think they will they will probably have a huge target on their backs as the team to beat. Winona vs Harmony is going to be completely different this year. Especially if all your athletes are playing this time.

13 hours ago, 1armchairQB said:

Grand Saline will likely make some noise this year. Very likely a loud moan every Friday night 😁

I think the last time Arp played Grand Saline was my sr year in preseason when they had RB Pope. That dude was a beast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiger1995 said:

Winona if they come out of Preseason Like I think they will they will probably have a huge target on their backs as the team to beat. Winona vs Harmony is going to be completely different this year. Especially if all your athletes are playing this time.

👍 few more weeks and we can get some looks at what we got

17 hours ago, Tiger1995 said:

Only thing that will shock me this year with Troup is a win against Arp.....well that's cause Arp is better than Troup LMAO

Troup doesn't stand a chance with Arp returning 21 D1 players!  Bahaaaa

Troup thumps Arp this year!   

This is going to be a fun district to be in this year. I bleed Arp maroon and Arp will be the only team I have an opinion on at this point. Arp is going to be a lot better on both sides of the ball this year. Lot of the boys have matured and there will be some good kids in key positions.We should go 2-1 in preseason with us coming up a little short in a battle with WR bad as I hate to say it. As far as district I will hold my comments until after the 2nd preseason game. I think then we will all have a good idea on how things will possibly play out

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TigerPride43 said:

I guarantee Troup won't thump Arp. Troup may win but it will be a battle and there will only be a couple of points between winner and loser

2 hours ago, TigerPride43 said:

After we play you'll make a comment about where in heck was those kids last year!!! hahahahaha.......storms a brewing in the JUNGLE!

28 minutes ago, Headhunter12 said:

I guarantee Troup won't thump Arp. Troup may win but it will be a battle and there will only be a couple of points between winner and loser

If Arp can contain the 1-2 punch of 23 and 44 from Troup Arp will win. One thing Troup will have this year is 2 of the best FBs in 3AD2. Those 2 boys are strong!!!!!

4 hours ago, jett2010 said:

👍 few more weeks and we can get some looks at what we got

Better tell those boys to strap up this year and don't look at records.....Gonna be some seriously good defenders in this district this year.

2 hours ago, Tiger1995 said:

Better tell those boys to strap up this year and don't look at records.....Gonna be some seriously good defenders in this district this year.

Agree, hell we may not make playoffs if these boys don't work there buts off

1 hour ago, jett2010 said:

Agree, hell we may not make playoffs if these boys don't work there buts off

Don't read this wrong not trying to sound homerish..... but those Arp boys have came on strong through out the offseason and really put in the work. They've had a great team effort this year. I expect them to have a big chip on their shoulder with all the doubters and after last year's 1 and done playoff team.

1 hour ago, Stinger94 said:

What is the predicted order of finish in dave Campbell’s? 

good question....The wife said mine came in the mail yesterday, I wont be able to see it for 14 more days though.

• Mr. P changed the title to District 10-3A (D-II)