Week One: 5A #3 Lufkin at 6A #7 Longview (08/31)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2018 at 12:30 AM

1 hour ago, Quick said:

Ok. Thoughts anyone??? I personally see an overhyped Lobo team. It is the first game but, it's a first game for everyone so we can stop the excuses right now before a few of y'all even get started. 

I also see, a Lufkin team that SEEMS like they are more hungry than Longview. They are out to prove a point and we are straight bs'ing. Period. But, I do give credit to Lufkin for some of our miscues. We keep playing like this, we can easily end up losing this game along with Horn and Rockwall.

No district title and an underachieving team that MAYBE goes three and out in the playoffs. 

I'm not ready to go full doom and gloom, but I can't refute your points. I'm just gonna choose to see the glass as half full. I believe (and hope) this team gets at it and gets better. 

Mad respect to Lufkin. Y'all came in and played lights out. Went the distance and played big boy football.

I also got to meet and visit with a number of Lufkin folks. Good people. 

Best of luck the rest of the season! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AKA said:

Mad respect to Lufkin. Y'all came in and played lights out. Went the distance and played big boy football.

I also got to meet and visit with a number of Lufkin folks. Good people. 

Best of luck the rest of the season! 

Hey! No fraternizing with the Enemy!!!

• LOL! 2

5 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

#16 from LP look like a Longview Db...😀

Got pushed. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Not over yet.

Super impressed with Lufkin's QB.

Glad he got this experience. Hate to lose these close games no matter if they don’t matter in the big picture or not. It kills the kids especially when it’s against a rival. But it is what it is. I’m proud of this team playing like this in a tough atmosphere against a very talented football team on tv without several players. Hope they can keep their heads and move forward. Let this one make them better in the long run like it did last season. Glad they were able to prove some wrong on the other side that said they weren’t as good and would get blown out. This young team played well and I’m proud of them. But lobo week is over. Nac week. Good luck to the lobos going forward. 

• Like 2

Just now, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Is Perry committed to any school yet? Sure would look good in a Hog uniform. 

There's nothing really impressive about him...   he just catches everything thrown his way. No big deal. 

Official statline = 0 drops tonight. 

• Like 3