Week 1: Gilmer Buckeyes @ Atlanta Rabbits - 8/31

H3llR4z0r

Gilmer Buckeyes @ Atlanta Rabbits  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who will start the season undefeated?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2018 at 12:30 AM

22 hours ago, SHillBuckeye said:

I think this will be a great game! Several unknowns at this point. Gilmer just didn’t seem themselves last year. Defense was the worst it’s been in 15 years. For them to be successful this year, that defense will have to be a lot better. Gilmer hasn’t been known for defense (2014 was an exception) as their offense usually compensates and once you get 3 scores down, you had to change your game plan. Offense was a little off last year as well. New QB this year, so we will see early as Atlanta will be a great test for the defense. I expect Gilmer to win by about 10 or so, but won’t be easy. Atlanta should have a great season! I’ve noticed since Traylor and a few other coaches left, there isn’t really fire on the sideline. I think the relaxed sideline does have an effect. They need to have more fire when mistakes happen such as turnovers or penalties. You committed one of those, Traylor really let you have it. Now, it’s like, it’s ok, try again next time. Just my opinion. 

Pretty bold prediction there, picking Gilmer by 10 and all. You act like Gilmer has beat Atlanta in 12 consecutive meetings. 

• LOL! 2

37 minutes ago, mightyeagle said:

bucknuts don't no what to think when traylor left there ace in the hole left

It was my understanding when I made comments about Traylor leaving, that Turner was the real mastermind behind it anyways. That's all everyone ever told me. "Traylor was a great coach, but Turner was the mastermind, he's why the offense is so good." I know he was the OC, but I mean, it hasn't been the same since. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jubilant said:

Turner was the Mastermind. Traylor was the discipline. That is what we are lacking. 

He was the fire too it seems. Sidelines don't seem the same, from the outside looking in anyways. 

4 hours ago, jubilant said:

Turner was the Mastermind. Traylor was the discipline. That is what we are lacking. 

What's also not being mentioned is the turnover in our coaching staff.  We've lost several great coaches from the Jeff Traylor era, not just Jeff.

Just now, eagle34 said:

Guru, some of the best players in Gilmer history have also been move-ins. Be careful going down that road...

I wasn’t going to worry about hat comment. If you know high school football at all, you know kids move in and out. It just seems to bother some Gilmer fans to talk about it...lol

3 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Worried about y’all lol u the one that keep us in ur mouth and argue with Henderson fans because ur team isn’t Relevant and hasn’t been in a long time 

We constantly have to defend our team from being called irrelevant because people feeling guilty about how their team operates. 

Just now, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

We constantly have to defend our team from being called irrelevant because people feeling guilty about how their team operates. 

Hey have we got in trouble for the things u say we do nope but we all see how ur team isn’t any good the numbers don’t lie lol 

Just now, Sportsguru02 said:

Hey have we got in trouble for the things u say we do nope but we all see how ur team isn’t any good the numbers don’t lie lol 

Just because you don’t get caught or somebody turns a blind eye do t mean it wasn’t or isn’t happening. I knew good and well I shoulda kept that picture of yalls 7 on 7 team Gerri g out of the Gilmer ISD Suburbans.