Week 1: Gilmer Buckeyes @ Atlanta Rabbits - 8/31

H3llR4z0r

Gilmer Buckeyes @ Atlanta Rabbits  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who will start the season undefeated?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2018 at 12:30 AM

Word on the street is, the Atlanta athletes are hungry for this game. Hearing some great things about the kids and their mindsets, especially the key athletes. 

Depth has always been an issue when we played Gilmer. That, and the athlete comparison. Even back in 2015, when it came down to the nitty gritty, all they had to do was start handing Demarco Boyd the ball, and he took the game over. Atlanta has since, been very good about rotating backs, and subbing in when able. But, if Atlanta wants to win this game, they will have to play several players both ways. We will see how it pans out. 

4 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

No way! Gilmer will not be as good on offense this year! Should be more running this year than last year. Atlantas QB is like grease lightning,, at least he looks quick!

We will see I'm hearing very good things about the Offense.

17 hours ago, BlackFlag93 said:

We will see I'm hearing very good things about the Offense.

Its not like I believe the Buckeyes will stink on offense. Their history speaks for itself. They will be able to move the ball. Don't know who is QB this year but if he is any type of threat that Poppy is...... well lets just say it will be a tall order for Atlanta to get the W.

Atlanta will have alot of atheletes on the field, they always do,  turnovers have caused them to shoot their selves in the foot in some of the past matchups, along with not really spreading the ball around and leaning heavy on the run, which they are known to do, if Gilmer can force you one dimensional, they can beat you with a mediocre defense, then they can run away on offense,  and beleive what the Gilmer fans are saying, this defense is not big by any means but it  is above average, certainly better than last years, in 3 live qtrs, i think they gave up 2 field goals, against 2 offenses that were absolutely loaded with speed, and both had really good defenses with speed..Gilmer has 2 RBs that can really move the chains, the Oline, is definitely better than last year, and in the 3 live qtrs of play in the scrimmages, Gilmer scored 2 TDs on pass plays, so they are going to do what they do, and thats spread the ball around effectively, I think Atlanta will need a couple turnovers, to have a chance to win,,,,dont be fooled Gilmer will be Gilmer, the xs and os will be there, but i do look for Gilmer to make some mistakes...so if Atlanta can get their running game going, and mix it up abit, keep Gilmer guessing, they have a good shot, but i do not think they will beat Gilmer,  just running the ball, Kilgore & Henderson, both had very fast RBs and QBs, and Gilmer did give up a few long runs, but none to the house, Gilmer has some speed at safety and the corner positions, Linebackers are not huge, but they can get to the ball, if i had to say the Dline, maybe a touch better than last year, it certainly could be anybodies ballgame, but I look for Gilmer to start getting things figured out, and pull away in the fourth, im gonna say Gilmer by 14......good luck to the Wabbits, and lets pray for no injuries this early in the season!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GTownballer said:

Atlanta will have alot of atheletes on the field, they always do,  turnovers have caused them to shoot their selves in the foot in some of the past matchups, along with not really spreading the ball around and leaning heavy on the run, which they are known to do, if Gilmer can force you one dimensional, they can beat you with a mediocre defense, then they can run away on offense,  and beleive what the Gilmer fans are saying, this defense is not big by any means but it  is above average, certainly better than last years, in 3 live qtrs, i think they gave up 2 field goals, against 2 offenses that were absolutely loaded with speed, and both had really good defenses with speed..Gilmer has 2 RBs that can really move the chains, the Oline, is definitely better than last year, and in the 3 live qtrs of play in the scrimmages, Gilmer scored 2 TDs on pass plays, so they are going to do what they do, and thats spread the ball around effectively, I think Atlanta will need a couple turnovers, to have a chance to win,,,,dont be fooled Gilmer will be Gilmer, the xs and os will be there, but i do look for Gilmer to make some mistakes...so if Atlanta can get their running game going, and mix it up abit, keep Gilmer guessing, they have a good shot, but i do not think they will beat Gilmer,  just running the ball, Kilgore & Henderson, both had very fast RBs and QBs, and Gilmer did give up a few long runs, but none to the house, Gilmer has some speed at safety and the corner positions, Linebackers are not huge, but they can get to the ball, if i had to say the Dline, maybe a touch better than last year, it certainly could be anybodies ballgame, but I look for Gilmer to start getting things figured out, and pull away in the fourth, im gonna say Gilmer by 14......good luck to the Wabbits, and lets pray for no injuries this early in the season!

Atlanta might surprise y’all this year looks like we are trying to pass more. Looked pretty good doing it. I think we will make a few big pass plays. I am curious about our defense. We looked pretty good but the teams we faced didn’t pass much.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I mean didn’t nobody know about poppy until he played and a lot of people doubted him so we shall see 

Negative. All of us heard about his success on JV, and how he lead JV to 2 consecutive undefeated seasons. What you mean we never didn't know about him? Like Buckeye fan would let anyone NOT know that. 

21 hours ago, GTownballer said:

Good luck to you guys as well! All banter aside, I just want a clean game and that both teams come out better than they went in! See y'all tonight!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I'm actually surprised you didn't say "I wonder what would happen if a Buckeye and a Rabbit squared off in real life." 

I think the old Rabbit would do one of them lightning quick rapidfire sizzor kicks till the nut disintegrated. TrueStorie

Hey. If this really happens get y'alls photographer, Randy Grissom to get me a pic!

35 minutes ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Any recommendations on where to eat in Atlanta?

Italian place is good. The Rabbit patch has a good burger, and excellent club sandwich. They also have great ice cream/milkshakes. They will be open till midnight after the game as well. There's also a "cajun" place downtown next to the Italian restaurant called Roux-Ga-Roux that's also decent, but it's not what I consider traditional cajun food. 

4 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Italian place is good. The Rabbit patch has a good burger, and excellent club sandwich. They also have great ice cream/milkshakes. They will be open till midnight after the game as well. There's also a "cajun" place downtown next to the Italian restaurant called Roux-Ga-Roux that's also decent, but it's not what I consider traditional cajun food. 

Like I said, Texarkana