Paris: Toughest Schedule in the State

bluetopper

I think Argyle may have the toughest schedule.

Stephenville #3 Class 4a dl

Waco La Vega #4 Class 4a dl

Chapel Hill

Liberty - Eylau #8 Class 4a dll

Sanger

Paris North Lamar 

Paris

Melissa #10 Class 4a dl

Anna

Celina #12 Class 4a dl

5 teams ranked in the top 12

1 minute ago, RedRed said:

Chapel Hill

Sanger

Paris North Lamar 

Paris

Melissa #10 Class 4a dl

Anna

Celina #12 Class 4a dl

Maybe it's around the toughest with Paris but Argyle has Stephenville also it's a toss up on toughest schedule.

17 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Ummm I dnt know, I dnt know what Celina has now but it's to early to call for me. 

I dont anticipate that there passing game will be all that good. Oline will have size, but probably wont be as good as the olines the last 5 years or so.

Defense should be pretty good just no speed on either side of the ball. Celina will have

Argyle will be tough in the trenches like every year. Outside of that they wont have a ton of speed just solid players who play hard and believe in the system. 

Melissa will be the fastest team in the district with speed everywhere and the best qb, wr and rb. If the oline comes together they will be the hardest team to stop.

Defense will be fast, but young and will need to grow up quick. 

6 minutes ago, bluetopper said:

As someone quoted here a year or two ago and I wish I could remember to give them credit...…."I find it hard to be fearful of a football team named Melissa".

Lol, well you dont have to fear them... They will however have 4dl college players on offense and at least 2 players that have offers to play dll college football. Then a sophomore who will be a dl college receiver. 

On defense they have a dl college nose guard that's 6'3 330lbs and with 2 or 3 others that will play dll college football at least. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, RedRed said:

Lol, well you dont have to fear them... They will however have 4dl college players on offense and at least 2 players that have offers to play dll college football. Then a sophomore who will be a dl college receiver. 

On defense they have a dl college nose guard that's 6'3 330lbs and with 2 or 3 others that will play dll college football at least. 

I think they get over the hump this yr. 😉

1 hour ago, RedRed said:

Chapel Hill

Sanger

Paris North Lamar 

Paris

Melissa #10 Class 4a dl

Anna

Celina #12 Class 4a dl

Carthage has LE, Gilmer, PG, and Marshall in preseason. Then Hendo, Kilgore, and Van in district. That’s #3, 5, and 8 in 4aDII. #9 in 5aDII. And #8 in 4aDI. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hlion said:

Liberty Eylau

Has 

5a Texas high

4a D1 Carthage

4a D1 Waco Lavega

4a D1 Arygle

Arkansas high

So......

Oh and plays Gilmer and Pleasant Grove in District

In my opinion, this is the toughest pre-district for sure. I'm not sure how good Gilmer and PG will be this year, though I'm sure they won't be a slouch for sure. L-E is one of my favorites in 4AD2 however. Depending on what happens early for the rest of the teams, L-E may have the toughest schedule haha. If Spring Hill had last year's offense, I'd say they did have it. You just had to see them to believe how good they were. 

9 hours ago, RedRed said:

There better be teams out there, who might not fear them, but they sure as heck better not take them lightly or they will be crying buckets of tears.

11 hours ago, bluetopper said:

The schedule makers had it in for Paris this year. They play, in order:

Denison

Pleasant Grove

Terrell

Gilmer

Mt. Pleasant

Melissa

Anna

Celina 

Argyle

Sanger

North Lamar

Bless their hearts!

Lol you must have not seen LE’s Schedule!