District 10-2A (D1) Region 3 - 2018

StingEmALTO

1 hour ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Really close knit group of young men. They are going to be special before their time is done. Surely don’t wanna see them on the diamond either 😉

Yes!! Combine that group with the ones right behind them = winners!! Hard workers to boot!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lion1996 said:

My nephew is in this group of freshman. I watched the Crockett scrimmage. That jv qb looks like he’s going to be a good one. 

That’s interesting. I like watching that group work. They have the mindset and have all been together for a while. The qb will start as a freshman for the Varsity baseball team and I wouldn’t doubt if he is 1st team all district and possibly a mention for all state. He is a ball player. He works with Luke McCown some right now for QB, but baseball is really his thing.

• Like 1

Just got bad news. I'm hearing our 4 year starter ( Fullback and Linebacker) and First team All District kid is rumored to be quiting school. Also, our other All State LB has Mono and will be out a minimum of 4 weeks. So much for high expectations. Next man up it looks like. 

3 hours ago, RipperRipper said:

Just got bad news. I'm hearing our 4 year starter ( Fullback and Linebacker) and First team All District kid is rumored to be quiting school. Also, our other All State LB has Mono and will be out a minimum of 4 weeks. So much for high expectations. Next man up it looks like. 

Naww lb will play, blood test says he don't have it.. 

1 minute ago, upullinmychain said:

22-0, we got like 15 on JV they had 30.  lol   not an excuse, just a fact.. Youngsters were just out of gas late. 

I hear ya. Small numbers are tough.

Our guys are in pretty dang good shape. The best I have seen in years. Seriously. The way Coach Meeks conducts practices....they are conditioning the entire time! He treats JV like the Varsity. They get the same reps, the same attention, the same tempo as the Varsity. EVERYTHING. BUT they are separate.  They are NOT blocking dummies who get their own practice on Tuesday or Wednesday afternoons when Varsity is done. Best thing I’ve ever seen regarding a JV group. I see it daily and it still amazes me.

These boys will be prepared, they will be conditioned, and they will represent! 

Pretty good job this week 10-2A! We went 4-2.

San Augustine 28 - Big Sandy 6

Alto 48 - Westwood 28

Carlisle 47 - Sabine 9

Cushing 40 - Chilton 7

Alba-Golden 16 - Hawkins 15

Union Grove 20 - Simms Bowie 0

Congratulations to all our district schools and looking forward to Week 2!

WEEK 2 (9/07/18):

• Timpson (1-0) @ Alto (1-0)
  • Big Sandy (0-1) @ Alba-Golden (1-0)
  • Carlisle (1-0) @ Troup (1-0)
  • Cushing (1-0) @ Mt. Enterprise (1-0)
  • Hawkins (0-1) @ All Saints (0-1)
  • Union Grove (1-0) @ Overton (1-0)

Lots of road trips this week! Predictions?

34 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

WEEK 2 (9/07/18):

Alto

BS

Indians

Cushing

All Saints 

And a toss up don't know enough about the 2 but I'll go with UG

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Pound for pound, if Mt E had the subs, they might be able to beat cush, but IMHO cush gets them on attrition mid third.. Js 

Chain, from what I’ve seen so far both teams have a little talent and a lot of the kids have played together since Pop Warner...sometimes in same team.

idn, but these are definitely different times.  The organization and game management for Cushing has got to improve, and penalties... they had at least 12 penalties in the Chilton game.

One thing I can’t stand is players walking back to the huddle and not being cognizant in what’s taking place in the game when you are on the sideline.

Its a rivalry game that hasn’t been played for about 8 yrs... so the players I both sides aren’t too savvy about what that means...

If Bearkats come out and keep the foot on the throat and take advantage of their size and speed they should not have a problem.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HulaKat said:

Chain, from what I’ve seen so far both teams have a little talent and a lot of the kids have played together since Pop Warner...sometimes in same team.

idn, but these are definitely different times.  The organization and game management for Cushing has got to improve, and penalties... they had at least 12 penalties in the Chilton game.

One thing I can’t stand is players walking back to the huddle and not being cognizant in what’s taking place in the game when you are on the sideline.

Its a rivalry game that hasn’t been played for about 8 yrs... so the players I both sides aren’t too savvy about what that means...

If Bearkats come out and keep the foot on the throat and take advantage of their size and speed they should not have a problem.

Mt E won't be able to run with yall all game, the inability to sub players in and out all game will inabilitate them and the later parts of the game they will start slowing down, fresh legs will eat them up. They go and go hard, but it has its limits and that will be mid second quarter and again starting late third and fourth quarters.. If they had 25 true varsity players suited up, Cush would have a for real game on their hands.. Js 

3 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Pound for pound, if Mt E had the subs, they might be able to beat cush, but IMHO cush gets them on attrition mid third.. Js 

Glad to see Mount do so well in the first week (36-27 over Colmesneil). Hoping their numbers are up! Interesting to see Cushing and Mt. Enterprise starting their rivalry again after an 8-year hiatus. And both start 1-0 to boot!

I’m go with Cushing in a close one:  21-14. 

23 hours ago, Doglife said:

Alto

BS

Indians

Cushing

All Saints 

And a toss up don't know enough about the 2 but I'll go with UG

I agree with all your picks except:  if Hawkins gets beat by All Saints, then I think they might not win a game this season. All Saints is not very good at all. Prince of Peace destroyed them in the opener. 

23 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

WEEK 2 (9/07/18):

Here goes:

Alto 42 - Timpson 14

Big Sandy 36 - Alba-Golden 12

Carlisle 26 - Troup 21

Cushing 21 - Mt. Enterprise 14

Hawkins 14 - All Saints 10

Union Grove 24 - Overton 14

A sweep for 10-2A this week? Could be! I think Carlisle-Troup is the game of the week and will be a slugfest. Could go either way, but I’m going with our brothers from Carlisle!