District 10-2A (D1) Region 3 - 2018

StingEmALTO

7 hours ago, villagegenius said:

Probable district championship in Price, Tx. Big task in front of Alto. Not easy to go into Price and come out with a W.

Union Grove with a chance to prove they are for real. 

De facto elimination game with Hawkins and Cushing. 

Should be a fun week!

Agreed on all the above. The Alto-Carlisle game winner will definitely give that team the inside shot at going in as the number one seed. 

I expect BS to take UG, but it all depends on how BS responds to the losses they have suffered. That big #23 for BS is a hoss! I don’t see them losing 4 in a row with the talent they have. AND their schedule/losses were to some pretty decent teams: San Augustine, Mineola, Rivercrest, and Alto. And they were in all of these games.

The Cushing-Hawkins game, I agree....loser is more than likely out. Gonna be interesting to see if the fireworks from last year have subsided. 

Like you said, “FUN WEEK!”

6 hours ago, GSmith1 said:

I don’t guess we could’ve ever had a better start, but we have tied it a time or two. We went 10-0 a few years ago. We’ve made the playoffs the last 5 maybe 6yrs. Coach Adams and crew have done a great job with the program. 

Honestly this is a rebuilding year, graduated 17 last year. We’ve had a lot of young kids step up. I think the kids and coaches all know the season gets tougher from here. It was a big win last night and gives us a shot at getting into the playoffs. 

Looks like Coach Adams has y’all going in the right direction! I was curious so I looked up the historical section in Smoaky. 2014 was special! And this year is starting out pretty dang good, too. I think Big Sandy is going to be tough, but definitely an opportunity to prove folks wrong. I think Alto is kind of in the same boat this week! 

Challenge accepted. Lol 

BB26E631-8AC9-4FE9-B38A-0DB695F9088D.jpeg

2 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

UG is on a roll. Definitely a good test with Big Sandy this week. If they can stop #23, they will be doing something. That guy is a HOSS!

If he ever gets his mind right he will be even better... kids don't realize the potential they possess 

8 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I expect BS to take this one. They have a good team and have played a tough schedule. Battle tested!

O-line is killing them on their 3rd or 4th center and probably 5th or 6th different combination of 5. Hard to have to make that many changes and be consistent

Texas Associated Press Top 10 HS Football Poll: (Week 7)

Class 2A

School    Total    Points    Prv

1. Mason (20)    (5-0)    236    1

2. Wellington (3)    (5-0)    206    3

3. Mart    (4-1)    159    5

4. Shiner    (5-1)    157    2

5. New Deal (1)    (4-0)    121    6

6. Falls City    (5-0)    116    7

7. Muenster    (5-1)    111    4

8. Price Carlisle    (5-0)    98    8

9. Refugio    (3-2)    51    10

10. Stamford    (5-1)    18    9

Others receiving votes: Iraan 10. Sundown 9. Tenaha 6. Lovelady 6. Thorndale 5. Celeste 4. Gladewater Union Grove 3. Burton 2. Clarendon 1, Hamlin 1.

Carlisle is no joke, they hit fast and hard. Good luck trying to stop that speed. Most of us from Cushing thought it was going to be a pretty close game win or lose. After all we only lost 3 starters from last year. Carlisle outpaced Cushing in every facet of the game. That was something those Cushing boys haven't seen all year. Cushing started playing their Freshmen in the 4th just because of the score.

Our starting QB/ Safety was out by the end of Carlisle's first possession (wrist/arm) don't know if he will be playing against Hawkins. I do not know what they are going to do about the running back either as he was taken out during the first quarter with his ankle.

Hawkins will definitely be a test after our trip to the wood shed. Hopefully Cushing hasn't already laid down.

42 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Hell for a minute I was thinking we was gonna hafta drop a hundo on comp to keep a ranking.. Jeez.. 

Don’t worry. They have Union Grove almost in the top 10. Must be that strength of schedule! Especially funny because the Harris Poll had them around 60 something last week. THESE POLLS!!  😂 Gotta love ‘em!!

• LOL! 1