District 10-2A (D1) Region 3 - 2018

StingEmALTO

37 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

On a side note, I'm liking our new helmet.. Matt blue with yellow face mask.. And was told we were getting new uni's... Man I didn't like the yellow /gold ones from last year.. 

In the ETSN team pic, seems like Carlisle was gold top to bottom! You can definitely see them coming! 😂 I bet those new helmets will look nice. 

Here’s a partial pic of our new helmet decal. I like how they turned out!

C3C1CF42-F9CC-4F28-BBB0-44AF78656D29.jpeg

1 minute ago, StingEmALTO said:

In the ETSN team pic, seems like Carlisle was gold top to bottom! You can definitely see them coming! 😂 I bet those new helmets will look nice. 

I like the big A.. Can't miss it across the field... Lol 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Alto went the way you would expect it to go against a team who finished 1-9 last season in Overton. No disrespect to Overton and I hope a couple of their young men are ok this morning. Alto scored so many times that I couldn’t keep up. Air / Ground we did what we wanted to do when we wanted to do it. They didn’t have a JV, so our JV got some work against some of their blended 1’s and 2’s and they pretty much scored at will too. Overton declined to go a live qtr, so it was a 15, 15, 12 on offense and defense scrimmage. All in all, it was great to see the physicality on defense, and my hat is OFF to the new DC. He’s got the defense playing fast and as physical as any I’ve ever seen come through here and has them believing there’s never been a better one here. We are blessed to have him. Again, it was Overton though, so I’ve still gotta see more. As far as offense, I’m not sure there’s a better 1,2,3 punch when it comes to RB potential in 2A. Yes, 3 RB (one who would’ve been on varsity last year, however, at the request of his father, was left on the JV because he wanted him to mature another year and the young man isn’t very far from Thacker’s size) has a twin who we’ve converted to a lineman so that should give you an idea of how stout they are. Biggest upside on Offense as far as I’m concerned is two things. 1st we are in the best shape physically that I’ve seen in a long time (I sat next to a teacher yesterday who said she couldn’t believe how some of our boys looked in the hallway and that they had “no necks anymore” ) lol. They’ve worked their tails off and it shows. 2nd, the speed is definitely being utilized and the ball is subject to go anywhere at any time and being put in the hands of kids who can flat out fly. Teams are literally going to have to defend the entire field and better be able to run. It’s going to be a fun season to watch our Jackets.

Ohh I trust y'all are going to have sum better competition in Crockett next week ;)

10 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Nice

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CrockettDogs said:

Yupp! Had sum fun games over the years.

I think we’ll match up pretty well with Crockett and I expect to know more about our team on Thursday. I know it will be a PHYSICAL game. We executed well in the first scrimmage, but (no offense to Overton)....it was Overton and they are trying to get back on track after a 1-9 season. 

13 minutes ago, JETT said:

Looked pretty good and bad at times, overall I think we will score points this year just need to work on the defense and assignments, what about yall

I’m confident our defense will be much improved over last year and our offense will be more diverse. The scrimmage vs. Overton went very well. I think everyone was pleased. Should know more this week vs. Crockett. I expect them to put up a “dog” fight. 😂 

17 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I’m confident our defense will be much improved over last year and our offense will be more diverse. The scrimmage vs. Overton went very well. I think everyone was pleased. Should know more this week vs. Crockett. I expect them to put up a “dog” fight. 😂 

Oh yea😂 everyone was surprised at how good we did against Woodville. Freak athletes all over the field. Every year Crockett is know as fast but not physical. This year we have the speed and want to, to tear heads off lol. Should be a good test for both teams.

1 hour ago, StingEmALTO said:

Good luck  

14 hours ago, CrockettDogs said:

Oh yea😂 everyone was surprised at how good we did against Woodville. Freak athletes all over the field. Every year Crockett is know as fast but not physical. This year we have the speed and want to, to tear heads off lol. Should be a good test for both teams.

You said everyone was “surprised” at how well Crockett did against Woodville. Not surprising. 😂 When a traditional power (or I guess really any team) has a bad year, probably no one outside the hometown folks (or maybe even outside the field house) thinks you’ll turn it around. Or maybe they wonder “if” or “how” they can. Alto is in the same boat. Just have to let your play on the field do your talking! Take care of business. Then people will start believing again....even if they might be a little “surprised.” 😆 

1 hour ago, StingEmALTO said:

Scrimmages this week (8/23-8/24):

Thursday:

• Alto @ Crockett
  • Carlisle @ Westwood
  • Frankston @ Hawkins
  • Troup @ Union Grove

Friday:

• Grand Saline @ Big Sandy
  • Cushing @ Cross Roads

Didn't see anything on Hawkins or UG from last week.