Diboll

coachbear

Morning men, just want to hear opinions on Diboll this year. I have had the pleasure of selling ads to complete their football program. I've met the staff, community and team and have been impressed after watching Tuesday and Wednesday practice. Very good athletes, coaches had excellent practice system and routine, discipline was a 9, facilities a 7, community seemed supportive. What y'all think?? Franklin is predicted winner according to DCTF. Franklin is good, from my neck of the woods near my Marlin home, but are they beatable ?

2 hours ago, coachbear said:

Morning men, just want to hear opinions on Diboll this year. I have had the pleasure of selling ads to complete their football program. I've met the staff, community and team and have been impressed after watching Tuesday and Wednesday practice. Very good athletes, coaches had excellent practice system and routine, discipline was a 9, facilities a 7, community seemed supportive. What y'all think?? Franklin is predicted winner according to DCTF. Franklin is good, from my neck of the woods near my Marlin home, but are they beatable ?

Anyone is beatable on any given night.... But its not goin to be a cake walk with 9o/8d returning and all skill players back

I agree, will be a touch matchup for sure, Diboll obviously has a slight advantage playing at home but they know Franklin will be ready to play no matter where they play.  Diboll coaching staff has been doing great things and was noticeable last year with a much more disciplined defense.  Coach Morrison needed time to turn things around Diboll and appears to have turned the corner.  There’s quite the buzz in Diboll that they are getting back to old form of late 90’s early milluneim. Anything could happen but this game could be for district championship.  

4 hours ago, ballwatch said:

I agree, will be a touch matchup for sure, Diboll obviously has a slight advantage playing at home but they know Franklin will be ready to play no matter where they play.  Diboll coaching staff has been doing great things and was noticeable last year with a much more disciplined defense.  Coach Morrison needed time to turn things around Diboll and appears to have turned the corner.  There’s quite the buzz in Diboll that they are getting back to old form of late 90’s early milluneim. Anything could happen but this game could be for district championship.  

I agree that i think this game will be for the district championship but you never know... Franklin fans travel very well and the visitors side will be packed. Got some great players and one of the best fundamentally sound teams you will see... The town is buzzing for the season to start because they know what this team can do and a fully healthy franklin squad can play with anyone in 3ad1... Good luck this season ready for some football

10 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

I agree that i think this game will be for the district championship but you never know... Franklin fans travel very well and the visitors side will be packed. Got some great players and one of the best fundamentally sound teams you will see... The town is buzzing for the season to start because they know what this team can do and a fully healthy franklin squad can play with anyone in 3ad1... Good luck this season ready for some football

I agree Franklin will more than likely be playing for a DC due to the retuning players they have coming back, but I think it will be a little more challenging for Diboll to be sitting in the DC position when Diboll and Franklin meet. The reason I say that is because of the history Diboll has with Crockett, Coldspring, and even P Westwood. Those teams have slugged it out over the years regardless of rankings and playoff expectations. This has really developed into a very interesting district and I wouldn’t be surprised if every team took and L at some point. Man I am looking forward to see how this plays out.

3 hours ago, Woodshed said:

I agree Franklin will more than likely be playing for a DC due to the retuning players they have coming back, but I think it will be a little more challenging for Diboll to be sitting in the DC position when Diboll and Franklin meet. The reason I say that is because of the history Diboll has with Crockett, Coldspring, and even P Westwood. Those teams have slugged it out over the years regardless of rankings and playoff expectations. This has really developed into a very interesting district and I wouldn’t be surprised if every team took and L at some point. Man I am looking forward to see how this plays out.

I would have liked to have stayed in district 10 for travel reasons alone... Takes 2 hours and 15 minutes to get to diboll from franklin and 2 hours to get to coldspring and about 2 to get to Palestine

16 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Its a modified version of the wing t/slot t and yea i would say they run it pretty well imo one of the best in the state and can pass out of it as well

ATTEMPT TO PASS....you should say.

That passing game didn't do so well for yall against Teague last year. When yall face a more athletic team that has a B+ defense yall seem to come up short and get one dimensional like most slot T and wing T team do as my teams did when I played and ran the wing T.  

I do have yall picked to win District but it wont be a cakewalk....Crockett, Diboll, and Coldsprings it will be tough tough tough to beat....yall went from the toughest district in the state some would say (well not last year but definitely year before) to a tougher district imo (All Around that is).

Good luck

2 hours ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

ATTEMPT TO PASS....you should say.

That passing game didn't do so well for yall against Teague last year. When yall face a more athletic team that has a B+ defense yall seem to come up short and get one dimensional like most slot T and wing T team do as my teams did when I played and ran the wing T.  

I do have yall picked to win District but it wont be a cakewalk....Crockett, Diboll, and Coldsprings it will be tough tough tough to beat....yall went from the toughest district in the state some would say (well not last year but definitely year before) to a tougher district imo (All Around that is).

Good luck

Got to remember our qb that throws the ball hadn't played for like 7 games then came back tryin to throw like he didnt miss a beat against yall when it would have been better had he thrown some short passes first plus we also got everyone back and added another threat as arch moved back from fairfield... Also passed the ball on rockdale a little who won state so to say we have no passing is crazy yall didnt get a qb that had been throwing all year.... Also which dist 9 vs 10 in playoffs came out on top first round 2-2 3rd round 1-1 then region championship 1-0 in dist 10 ffavo plus state champion came out of dist 10... Rockdale didnt go undefeated in dist play so it wasnt handed to them.... Imo dist 10 was still the toughest you could argue and say well look what teague did to cameron well look what rockdale did to malakoff.... Im not sayin dist 9 wasnt good because that would be crazy talk had dist 9 been in another region yall would have had someone in the state semis maybe even state.... Good luck to teague this year maybe we will meet down the road

3 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Got to remember our qb that throws the ball hadn't played for like 7 games then came back tryin to throw like he didnt miss a beat against yall when it would have been better had he thrown some short passes first plus we also got everyone back and added another threat as arch moved back from fairfield... Also passed the ball on rockdale a little who won state so to say we have no passing is crazy yall didnt get a qb that had been throwing all year.... Also which dist 9 vs 10 in playoffs came out on top first round 2-2 3rd round 1-1 then region championship 1-0 in dist 10 ffavo plus state champion came out of dist 10... Rockdale didnt go undefeated in dist play so it wasnt handed to them.... Imo dist 10 was still the toughest you could argue and say well look what teague did to cameron well look what rockdale did to malakoff.... Im not sayin dist 9 wasnt good because that would be crazy talk had dist 9 been in another region yall would have had someone in the state semis maybe even state.... Good luck to teague this year maybe we will meet down the road

Heard Archibald moved back.....that will make yall dang near unstoppable 

36 minutes ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

Archibald was top 5 in that district....he had a lot!!!! Of good games!!!!

Crazy he keeps bouncing back and forth.

Yeah he did and with archibald(#2) padraza(15) and rosprim(38) starting in the back field thats scary then add dixon(4) green(7) and a qb that can run if needed.... Wow this might be the most talent we have had in the back field and we have had some really good backs.... I believe he went to live with his mom and he just moved back with his dad

20 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

I hear diboll is goin to have a really good run defense and we will have a monster run game should be a good game then

How will the Franklin defense be against the run this year? Diboll will have two big backs that will test the Franklin (and everyone else’s) interior line and LBs. This may be the most physically game either team plays outside of the playoffs. 

16 minutes ago, Woodshed said:

How will the Franklin defense be against the run this year? Diboll will have two big backs that will test the Franklin (and everyone else’s) interior line and LBs. This may be the most physically game either team plays outside of the playoffs. 

Last year had more of a Lightning and Thunder backfield; this year is all thunder! 

Big bruising backs with what should be an improved, more established passing game.  

20 minutes ago, Woodshed said:

Our run d is usually pretty solid as we are a run first team our LBs are experienced quick and have a nose for the ball (one has more tackles then anyone in the state in all classifications) most of our d players are 3 and 4 year starters led by 15 padraza who has multiple d1 offers and interest from others... We lost a cb( who will be replaced by archibald that moved back and is a salty player) and 2 lineman to graduation bring back 9 on offense and 8 on defense.... This team we will have thia year will be really good all around

9 minutes ago, ballwatch said:

Last year had more of a Lightning and Thunder backfield; this year is all thunder! 

Big bruising backs with what should be an improved, more established passing game.  

I don’t think I’ve been more impressed in a losing effort than I was in the Gilmer game last year. Those two Sophomore RBs for Diboll flat out ran through the Gilmer defense. Of course that wasn’t considered one of Gilmer’s better defenses but it was still a nice effort by the Diboll youngsters. I have not got a chance to see this years passing game yet so that will be the biggest ? for me. 

33 minutes ago, Woodshed said:

http://www.kbtx.com/content/sports/Jared-Pedraza---Franklin-Lions---Allen-Samuels-Hit-of-the-Night-446915303.html

40 minutes ago, Woodshed said:

I don’t think I’ve been more impressed in a losing effort than I was in the Gilmer game last year. Those two Sophomore RBs for Diboll flat out ran through the Gilmer defense. Of course that wasn’t considered one of Gilmer’s better defenses but it was still a nice effort by the Diboll youngsters. I have not got a chance to see this years passing game yet so that will be the biggest ? for me. 

I agree, They really stepped up after Ty suffered an injury toward end of season.

I still think we will have a decent defense this year, they really kept eventual state champ Newton Wing T rushing attack in check. Have some good guys returning on D. If they can improve their pass D, Diboll should be okay