The 2018 SDC Draft

Stoney

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

By luck of the draw, a box of Teddy Grahams and a sippy cup of koolaid, my helper has set the draft order for this year’s draft.

1. @MavGrad99

2. @Golfingnut

3. @WestHardinfan1

4. @JustAFan11

5. @KirtFalcon

6. @thegreatbambino

7. @AKA

8. @topher805

9. @Stoney

10. @DaveTV1

Good luck everybody.

I think it should be based on how we finished just like the NFL does it.  You can find the final standings in the archives.  I realize some aren't keeping a player so it should be 1. JustAFan11 2.  MavGrad99  3. Golfingnut 4. JustAFan11 5. MavGrad99 6. DaveTV1 7. KirtFalcon 8. WestHardinfan1 9. Stoney 10. thegreatbambino 11. topher805 12. AKA  13. Golfingnut.  That's if I got everyone's moniker right on  her as their name in the League.  Then we go to rotation or Go 4-12 like they do in the NFL.  I know that sort of aids JustAFan, but they don't have a keeper and they're new to the league.  I also don't know if the draft is set up 1-10 pick and then 10-1 pick in the second round and so forth.  

Do y’all want to have first week of preseason, 2nd/3rd week of preseason or last week of preseason?

The only one that quit last year was knucklehead Lion.  I don't think that's going to be a problem this year.  I can't say for Justafan11, because they don't have a history with the League.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

I think it should be based on how we finished just like the NFL does it.  You can find the final standings in the archives.  I realize some aren't keeping a player so it should be 1. JustAFan11 2.  MavGrad99  3. Golfingnut 4. JustAFan11 5. MavGrad99 6. DaveTV1 7. KirtFalcon 8. WestHardinfan1 9. Stoney 10. thegreatbambino 11. topher805 12. AKA  13. Golfingnut.  That's if I got everyone's moniker right on  her as their name in the League.  Then we go to rotation or Go 4-12 like they do in the NFL.  I know that sort of aids JustAFan, but they don't have a keeper and they're new to the league.  I also don't know if the draft is set up 1-10 pick and then 10-1 pick in the second round and so forth.  

The way I have it now is, the first round everybody takes their keeper except those who chose not to and JAF. Then the rest of the draft is a snake ( 10th drafts last in the 1st round, 10th has first pick in the 2nd). We still have plenty of time to work out any issues anybody has. To make it fair to JAF, we can have him have first pick of the guys not on keepers. That’s who he’d take at 4. Mav and Golf, would have 2nd and 3rd pick at the non keepers as their respective 1st rounders. That’s just my idea. Like I said I’m open to suggestions.

3 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

us not using our keepers are just like newbies entering the league though...

I may just be saying this bc i get the first pick.... BUT... me and Golfingnut are literally starting on equal ground with JAF11 while you guys essentially got picks 1-7 locked up with keepers already.

• Like 2

I’d prefer drafting as late as possible. Injuries happen in preseason or in camp and I’d rather know that before I draft. 

I think after the 3rd preseason game is best. Now as far as order, I’ll let y’all figure that out but I need to know who is keeping who before I draft or before I plan my draft. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

us not using our keepers are just like newbies entering the league though...

I may just be saying this bc i get the first pick.... BUT... me and Golfingnut are literally starting on equal ground with JAF11 while you guys essentially got picks 1-7 locked up with keepers already.

My plan was for us to do a snake draft. That’s why I didn’t automatically put JAF at #1 pick. To my thinking it wouldn’t be fair to have him pick 1, then wait until 20. But if we give him first shot at the available keepers, and then Mav second crack and then Golf, it should be the closest to being fair as I can see. Then the second round and beyond is based upon the draw. 

56 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

I’d prefer drafting as late as possible. Injuries happen in preseason or in camp and I’d rather know that before I draft. 

I think after the 3rd preseason game is best. Now as far as order, I’ll let y’all figure that out but I need to know who is keeping who before I draft or before I plan my draft. 

I think that’s a good time to have it. You should know by then who is signed and who’s out with injury.

• Like 1

I still don't understand how we are doing the draft... Will it be a live draft?  or do we just do our presets and see where the dominoes fall?  Or are we drafting here and entering them in last last year?  

6 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I still don't understand how we are doing the draft... Will it be a live draft?  or do we just do our presets and see where the dominoes fall?  Or are we drafting here and entering them in last last year?  

I think everyone wanted a live draft this year. That was my plan. A live snake draft.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Stoney said:

By luck of the draw, a box of Teddy Grahams and a sippy cup of koolaid, my helper has set the draft order for this year’s draft.

1. @MavGrad99

2. @Golfingnut

3. @WestHardinfan1

4. @JustAFan11

5. @KirtFalcon

6. @thegreatbambino

7. @AKA

8. @topher805

9. @Stoney

10. @DaveTV1

Good luck everybody.

Ok, now I don't understand. If the only ones drafting in first round are the newbie and those who didn't take the keeper option, then is this above the draft order for the 2nd round? 

16 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Ok, now I don't understand. If the only ones drafting in first round are the newbie and those who didn't take the keeper option, then is this above the draft order for the 2nd round? 

I'm pretty sure that is correct ....

18 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

But this isn't the NFL. NFL teams get to keep all the players that helped them win in a season. We don't. Just because a person finishes first in a fantasy league doesn't mean they have an advantage the next year. Everything starts over. In fact those that are able to keep a star player have an advantage to start the draft and if a team has a star I would venture to guess they got them because they drafted higher in last year's draft. For those that drafted at the end of the first round last year, not only do they not have access to a major star last year but because of the keeper option they don't have access this year either. 

I say have a draw for the newbie and those without a keeper. They draft in a pre draft round. Then have a draw of all teams to see who drafts first in round one. Then reverse for round 2 & so forth till end of draft. 

This is how I thought we were doing the draft, which is why I made the decision not to have a keeper. We really should know how we are doing the draft before we make that decision. 

Just my thoughts 

• Like 1

I think we all want to do a snake draft, right? 1st pick in the 1st round, gets 10th pick in the 2nd, 1st pick in the 3rd and so on. All we would have to worry about in the first round is everyone picking their keeper. Since JAF, Mav and Golf don’t have one they can look at the available players and make their choice of who they want. JAF should have first choice, followed by Mav and Golf due to the draw. That would give JAF the 7th pick in the 2nd, Golf the 9th and Mav the 10th. 

I think we all want to do a snake draft, right? 1st pick in the 1st round, gets 10th pick in the 2nd, 1st pick in the 3rd and so on. All we would have to worry about in the first round is everyone picking their keeper. Since JAF, Mav and Golf don’t have one they can look at the available players and make their choice of who they want. JAF should have first choice, followed by Mav and Golf due to the draw. That would give JAF the 7th pick in the 2nd, Golf the 9th and Mav the 10th. 

But you can't count the draft by those without a keeper as part of the snake. The snake should not start until after the round where everyone drafts. And that round where everyone drafts should be determined by the computer. 

And the order of the round by those who don't have a keeper should also be determined by computer.

• Like 1

Okay. I can set the draft to automatically set the draft positions when the draft starts. I think I’ve found a way to make the first round a keeper only round.2AC3ED4F-1DB7-46FB-9183-876552B89290.png

This would still start the snake draft in the 2nd round with the player in spot 10 still making the 1st pick. NFL.com isn’t giving me that option as far as changing that.

5 hours ago, Stoney said:

Okay. I can set the draft to automatically set the draft positions when the draft starts. I think I’ve found a way to make the first round a keeper only round.2AC3ED4F-1DB7-46FB-9183-876552B89290.png

This would still start the snake draft in the 2nd round with the player in spot 10 still making the 1st pick. NFL.com isn’t giving me that option as far as changing that.

Put numbers in a hat for the 3 that still need a keeper player. Draw numbers for their position to pick. Have them pick then everyone will have a keeper.

After all that is done start the computerized draft so that everyone in the first round has the same shot at getting a top pick. 2nd round can start the snake.

If you are going to make the 1st round the keeper round then technically since everyone else has a keeper except 3 people, those 3 should be at the end of the first round and not at the start because in essence the others have made their first round pick. Those 3 shouldn't be penalized in the 2nd round just because they didn't or couldn't use the keeper option. 

That's why if we are really fair just let those 3 pick their keeper in a pre draft round. The everyone is on equal footing and has the same chance in the computerized draw starting in round 1.

@MavGrad99 can help me on this one. I believe last year we allowed the new members to have first pick at the available players as their keeper. Since Justafan is the only new member that would only pertain to him. The draw gave Mav first choice at a keeper, Gold the second choice.

I’ve got Mav and AKA helping me to see if there’s a option I’m overlooking in the draft manager on NFL.com that would allow me to customize the draft pick order after the 1st round. Right now, the only option I see is allowing the first round to be made into a keeper round and the snake draft starting in the 2nd with pick 11 going to whoever picks 10th in the first round.

As far as the 3 non keepers being put at the end of the draft, as opposed to random spots, I’m not seeing how that would be fair or unfair. Getting a choice of any available player in the first round and then the first three picks in the 2nd round as opposed to maybe Fan having the random 4th pick, Mav the 7th or Golf the 9th, to me it seems the benefit would be everybody not choosing to take a keeper and getting basically two first round picks. 

If y’all want to, Y’all can go ahead and choose your keeper now. The only issue is going to be wether we do a live computerized snake draft on NFL.com that looks like it won’t allow me to reset the draft order of the 2nd round or we do like we did last year, and have a live physical snake draft over a couple days. I’ve got Mav and AKA looking on the NFL site to see if that’s a possibility.

• Mr. P changed the title to The 2018 SDC Draft
  • Mr. P locked this topic