San Augustine vs Big Sandy

SAWolfman

Big Sandy...... All I have heard is how SA returns an undefeated JV that will make them as good as last year. With all due respect to those JV kids the DUDES SA lost were a senior laden talented group that will be missed. There is always a learning curve playing varsity ball and most JV teams dont have the best athletes on them. So to me them being an undefeated JV means nothing. I feel like SA always has potential to be good cuz of the athletes they will put on the field. I just think its a little too early for them to have all their timing quite right.

15 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Big Sandy...... All I have heard is how SA returns an undefeated JV that will make them as good as last year. With all due respect to those JV kids the DUDES SA lost were a senior laden talented group that will be missed. There is always a learning curve playing varsity ball and most JV teams dont have the best athletes on them. So to me them being an undefeated JV means nothing. I feel like SA always has potential to be good cuz of the athletes they will put on the field. I just think its a little too early for them to have all their timing quite right.

Starting RB played pretty good snaps last year behind KJ.  The QB played pretty good minutes in the playoffs due to Murr hurting his leg.  SA is just as fast as they were last year, but the passing game will take a little bit more work.  

11 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

Starting RB played pretty good snaps last year behind KJ.  The QB played pretty good minutes in the playoffs due to Murr hurting his leg.  SA is just as fast as they were last year, but the passing game will take a little bit more work.  

Truth be said, SA passing game scared opponent alot worse than the running game. Running game was a beast, but murr would toast you up if you started selling out to the run. Defenses had to play with the two headed dragon the entire game or they got beat.. And that's the gospel. Qb will be the key to SA run this year, if he evolves and forces defenses to lay back a little bit and respect the pass, SA will be a force again.. Jmho 

Just now, upullinmychain said:

Truth be said, SA passing game scared opponent alot worse than the running game. Running game was a beast, but murr would toast you up if you started selling out to the run. Defenses had to play with the two headed dragon the entire game or they got beat.. And that's the gospel. Qb will be the key to SA run this year, if he evolves and forces defenses to lay back a little bit and respect the pass, SA will be a force again.. Jmho 

He was throwing some money balls last week.  But a few timing issues and mix ups were there.  Currently Barnes and the RB Tijay have been trading series.

On 8/24/2018 at 1:46 PM, upullinmychain said:

For me it was kj's ability to see the field opening up and make the adjustments to get in position to take advantage of the opportunity presented, takes Time to develop that skill set. Tijay may be really good but a kj only comes along once in a generation or so.. Jmho. 

If Tijay is anything like his daddy he will be a bad young man

20 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

The SA Offense will not miss a beat. The downfield passing game may not be as good as it was last year, but they will still be able to throw the ball well en enough to keep teams from loading the box.

The BIG difference in this years team is the ability of the QB to run. The QB run game is special.

And the entire offensive and defensive lines being back, being a year older, stronger and more experienced means this team may eclipse last years exploits.

1 hour ago, playactionpass39 said:

The SA Offense will not miss a beat. The downfield passing game may not be as good as it was last year, but they will still be able to throw the ball well en enough to keep teams from loading the box.

The BIG difference in this years team is the ability of the QB to run. The QB run game is special.

And the entire offensive and defensive lines being back, being a year older, stronger and more experienced means this team may eclipse last years exploits.

Plus the new QB seems 10 times faster than Gavin lol 

This should be a good game. If y’all are saying San Augustine in a huge one you better be bold about it. San Augustine lost a good qb and a great rb! This isn’t the same big sandy defense as last year either. They return khameron pippins a 2k yard rusher last year who is a bruiser I also heard he is playing a little defense this year. They also return two 150 plus tackle linebackers one who is being mentioned as a top 50 recruit in Texas for the class of 2020. I’m not saying big sandy will win but I wouldn’t say wolves in a land slide either. I expect big Sandy’s key players to fight this one out 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, theprodigy said:

This should be a good game. If y’all are saying San Augustine in a huge one you better be bold about it. San Augustine lost a good qb and a great rb! This isn’t the same big sandy defense as last year either. They return khameron pippins a 2k yard rusher last year who is a bruiser I also heard he is playing a little defense this year. They also return two 150 plus tackle linebackers one who is being mentioned as a top 50 recruit in Texas for the class of 2020. I’m not saying big sandy will win but I wouldn’t say wolves in a land slide either. I expect big Sandy’s key players to fight this one out 

Is this the same back for Big Sandy that had a good 1st half against cville and then didnt touch the ball much in 2nd half for some strange reason last year?

13 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Is this the same back for Big Sandy that had a good 1st half against cville and then didnt touch the ball much in 2nd half for some strange reason last year?

Yep, and he's legit. Why they didn't keep running it down cvill throat in second half I'll never know. Cause the pass was working also and cvill couldn't stop em. 

16 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Yep, and he's legit. Why they didn't keep running it down cvill throat in second half I'll never know. Cause the pass was working also and cvill couldn't stop em. 

I think he was #22. He oughta be a stud this year.

Big sandy's Oline is a work in progress only one full time starter from last year returns other ones played a good bit just havent had the reps. Overall they are bigger but even when they don't get blocks 22 will make his own holes to run through. He's bumping 200lbs now. Also I think they graduated 22 or 23 seniors. 

55 minutes ago, knothead58 said:

Big sandy's Oline is a work in progress only one full time starter from last year returns other ones played a good bit just havent had the reps. Overall they are bigger but even when they don't get blocks 22 will make his own holes to run through. He's bumping 200lbs now. Also I think they graduated 22 or 23 seniors. 

How big are they compared to SA's line?

IMA say SA by at least 1

You do not simply replace a Gavin Murr...that kid's football knowledge at this level was quite impressive.  He studied and knew the game.  I think we have some very, very talented athletes and I haven't seen a line this big since I don't know when, not only are they big, their ability to move up front is impressive.  Don't count these Wolves out just yet, it's to early in the season for that

15 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

How big are they compared to SA's line?

Very similar just built a little different.  If there arn't a bunch of turnovers either way this game should be close. You want to win but it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. The main thing is not having any serious injuries

2 minutes ago, knothead58 said:

Very similar just built a little different.  If there arn't a bunch of turnovers either way this game should be close. You want to win but it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. The main thing is not having any serious injuries

You play to win the game, but I agree we dont need any major injuries.  We were lucky last season.

1 hour ago, SAWolfman said:

You play to win the game, but I agree we dont need any major injuries.  We were lucky last season.

You play to be perfect, practice to perfection and dream of 16-0.. Otherwise failure becomes an option and it comes at the most inopportune time, usually season ending.. Js