John Tyler @ Euless Trinity On TV

cujoforlife

13 hours ago, cujo2016 said:

Yeah, if they do play it, hopefully we can come away not to banged up. I Heard they were bringing up a quarterback to play this game. Don’t know if  it is true or not.

I don’t expect this game to get played, it’s expected to be 3 inches of rain tonight With thunder and Lighting 

5 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Honestly I think he wanted it to be canceled on purpose lol jk idk.. wouldn’t you after these last weeks.. 

Not if it would help us improve on our weaknesses. It’s not like the game counts anyways, but i was always told it’s better to play that week instead of having two bye weeks in the regular season, especially before district. if he has that type of thinking though (that he wanted the game to be cancelled), then he needs to stop scheduling good football teams on the road. If JT isn’t improving after playing against good competition from week to week, then that’s not just on the players, it’s on the staff too imo. 

3 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Not if it would help us improve on our weaknesses. It’s not like the game counts anyways, but i was always told it’s better to play that week instead of having two bye weeks in the regular season, especially before district. if he has that type of thinking though (that he wanted the game to be cancelled), then he needs to stop scheduling good football teams on the road. If JT isn’t improving after playing against good competition from week to week, then that’s not just on the players, it’s on the staff too imo. 

It’s just seems odd to me that didn’t change it Thursday or Saturday at least.. 

33 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Jt has depth problems in a lot of areas and the starting qb is banged up. Besides, the weather is to be bad all weekend. 

31 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

It’s just seems odd to me that didn’t change it Thursday or Saturday at least.. 

I believe if this was a district game no doubt they would have played it or rescheduled it. Me being honest to him, ‘not that he wanted it to be canceled’, it was going to have to go one way or the other. There’s a lot that goes into rescheduling a game for Thursday  for the entire school. You have your subvarsity,band,buses, classes, etc. not counting us. Lol

15 minutes ago, cujo2016 said:

I believe if this was a district game no doubt they would have played it or rescheduled it. Me being honest to him, ‘not that he wanted it to be canceled’, it was going to have to go one way or the other. There’s a lot that goes into rescheduling a game for Thursday  for the entire school. You have your subvarsity,band,buses, classes, etc. not counting us. Lol

That’s you should always have a back up date and time like most of the DFW schools did. It can’t be that hard to switch to a Thursday if you give your self time to do it. 

30 minutes ago, cujo2016 said:

EXACTLY! JT'S focus should be district

49 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

That’s you should always have a back up date and time like most of the DFW schools did. It can’t be that hard to switch to a Thursday if you give your self time to do it. 

Noooo, DFW schools, is like if we was playing  WhiteHouse or Jacksonville. It’s easily done. When you’re  traveling 100 miles plus, it's not worth it. JMO

34 minutes ago, johntylerfan said:

EXACTLY! JT'S focus should be district

1 hour ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

A lot of it comes down to stadium availability and official availability. 

Definitely a difference between two teams in the metroplex making arrangements and two teams  two hours apart making arrangements.

11 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I don’t think there’s a thing that JT could’ve learned about themselves that they didn’t already know by facing Trinity.

It was gonna be an absolute blood bath.

Cancellation was best for JT. Trinity would have hurt them literally. Way too physical Tongans for JT. Would have been a 57-0, 63-7 type of game for the Trojans.