Week 1: Alto Yellowjackets @ Westwood Panthers - 8/31

StingEmALTO

Week 1: Alto Yellowjackets @ Westwood Panthers - 8/31  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the win in the season opener?

• Alto
    • Westwood

2 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

You’re welcome! And yes they have gotten a lil better ,  I look for y’all to eventually wear them down and take over the game.. 

thats what happened in the scrimmage when we played them,  I believe if we would have played a live quarter it would have gotten bad.. they was tired towards the end of the scrimmage 

I know one team that won’t be tired (or shouldn’t be! Lol) As a whole, we are in the best physical condition I have seen in awhile. 

2 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

How yall liking ole Ricky Meeks down there? I find myself wondering if yall have enough athletes to run his style of offense. I dont mean like athetic ability, i mean like enough players in general, enough depth. Meeks snaps the ball about every 12 seconds from the whistle to blow the play dead to the next snap. Extremely fast paced offense. Wonder if he keeps that up or slows it down due to less depth.

Proud to have Coach Meeks leading our program! The pace that he runs the practices is really something to see. Station to station, drill work, conditioning, defense, offense, all of it.......all the while racing the clock (literally!). So organized. With everything they are doing in practice (and the speed with which they do it!), I think the hard work will pay big dividends come Friday nights this fall.

9 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Proud to have Coach Meeks leading our program! The pace that he runs the practices is really something to see. Station to station, drill work, conditioning, defense, offense, all of it.......all the while racing the clock (literally!). So organized. With everything they are doing in practice (and the speed with which they do it!), I think the hard work will pay big dividends come Friday nights this fall.

The way he runs his practices on a fast paced scale helps with conditioning during the practice as well as the conditioning after practice. Your boys will be ready to play 4 quarters, thats for sure. Good luck guys......

7 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

The way he runs his practices on a fast paced scale helps with conditioning during the practice as well as the conditioning after practice. Your boys will be ready to play 4 quarters, thats for sure. Good luck guys......

That’s a very good point because they condition the entire practice! Lol No cramps in either scrimmage and I will be surprised to see one if it happens. 

Good luck to Tatum and your new coach this year! Fun playing y’all a few years back. 

33 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I know one team that won’t be tired (or shouldn’t be! Lol) As a whole, we are in the best physical condition I have seen in awhile. 

Lol should be a great game then! I bet it won’t be a very high score either way.. both teams will have trouble scoring on each other.. our defense is looking sharp this year.. 

5 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I know we scored once! Might have been mistaken because we scored so much on Huntington.. lol 

but I was giving credit to Westwood saying they had some speed and and pretty good defense.. I will stick by what I said .. they was getting tired and wearing down towards the end of the scrimmage 

Y’all definitely never scored on Westwood. And I’m predicting an upset here. Westwood wins game one, gets things rolling and gets into a playoff spot this year! 

5 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Hope so, our big target on the outside hasn't played yet this year, his first game is Friday.. Gives us one more piece of the puzzle.. You know. 

Y’all got this. We HAVE to meet undefeated. That would make for one heck of an atmosphere. Hopefully, we can both hold up somehow. Hopefully WW don’t annihilate us this Fri night 👀

Just now, SwarmingOnEm said:

Y’all got this. We HAVE to meet undefeated. That would make for one heck of an atmosphere. Hopefully, we can both hold up somehow. Hopefully WW don’t annihilate is this Fri night!

We got Sabine, troup, and new Boston in the next four weeks.. And just scrimmaged Westwood last week. Getting out of that undefeated and unscathed would be a chore.. Clay is putting them up against bigger teams to get them ready to go against tough teams in bi-dist. I don't think anybody but me believes we can roll to 10-0 in regular season.. But I'm a little bit crazy.. Lol.. But you rite big dog, if we meet up undefeated, it would be wild in Carlisle that night.. 

6 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

We got Sabine, troup, and new Boston in the next four weeks.. And just scrimmaged Westwood last week. Getting out of that undefeated and unscathed would be a chore.. Clay is putting them up against bigger teams to get them ready to go against tough teams in bi-dist. I don't think anybody but me believes we can roll to 10-0 in regular season.. But I'm a little bit crazy.. Lol.. But you rite big dog, if we meet up undefeated, it would be wild in Carlisle that night.. 

That’s what Gamble used to do. Throw the boys in the pit with some big dogs, if you will. Made the Jackets scrap some. Back when we used to bite some big dogs lol. I’m ready to bite again! Lol. Yes, it would def be crazy. I’m gonna pray for that when I lay my head down tonight bahaha

5 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

That’s a very good point because they condition the entire practice! Lol No cramps in either scrimmage and I will be surprised to see one if it happens. 

Good luck to Tatum and your new coach this year! Fun playing y’all a few years back. 

Few years back? Lol bruh, i was in school then lol. We talking 15 or 16 years ago when we played  eachother lol.

Just now, SwarmingOnEm said:

That’s what Gamble used to do. Throw the boys in the pit with some big dogs, if you will. Made the Jackets scrap some. Back when we used to bite some big dogs lol. I’m ready to bite again! Lol. Yes, it would def be crazy. Imma pray for that when I lay my head down tonight bahaha

raw

LOL 

54 minutes ago, Gigem20 said:

Y’all definitely never scored on Westwood. And I’m predicting an upset here. Westwood wins game one, gets things rolling and gets into a playoff spot this year! 

I know we didn’t score all them touchdowns on just Huntington.. 😂 I thought we scored on y’all with a 5 yard run from our fullback.. but like I said with 3 teams going back and forth scrimmaging it’s kinda hard to keep up with..

i do remember Huntington scoring on y’all with a deep bomb tho! It was a beautiful pass... 

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

Few years back? Lol bruh, i was in school then lol. We talking 15 or 16 years ago when we played  eachother lol.

Yeah, I guess you’re right! 😂 Time gets away from me. I remember the overtime game with Tatum at Alto that we won. That was one of the most exciting finishes I remember in our stadium! Lol I think it was around 2001-02, yeah just a little while ago!! 😝 

6 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Lol should be a great game then! I bet it won’t be a very high score either way.. both teams will have trouble scoring on each other.. our defense is looking sharp this year.. 

That CC vs Alto game on the 28th (week 5) is going to be exciting! I hope we’re both 4-0 coming into it!!! Lol

2 hours ago, Gigem20 said:

Getting a playoff spot is going to be a tall order vs. Crockett, Franklin, Coldspring, and Diboll! But I like your optimism!

All the best to Westwood.....starting NEXT week! 😂