Week 1: Alto Yellowjackets @ Westwood Panthers - 8/31

StingEmALTO

Week 1: Alto Yellowjackets @ Westwood Panthers - 8/31  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the win in the season opener?

• Alto
    • Westwood

8 turnovers and still managed to dang near score 50. This game could’ve been reeeeally ugly. All damage done was self inflicted on our part. Adjustments were made and we came out in the second half coached up. WW has some athletes I’d love to have. They will be beating some teams. 48-28 final. Alto is 1-0

• Like 1

Pretty good job this week 10-2A! We went 4-2.

San Augustine 28 - Big Sandy 6

Alto 48 - Westwood 28

Carlisle 47 - Sabine 9

Cushing 40 - Chilton 7

Alba-Golden 16 - Hawkins 15

Union Grove 20 - Simms Bowie 0

Congratulations to all our district schools and looking forward to Week 2!

7 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Sounds like yall finally got on point late in the game, good job Alto.. 

Yes sir! We came out of the “blocks” FAST! Scored 8 points in the first couple minutes and our defense was playing lights out. And then turnovers. We were in the red zone 2 or 3 times and would turn the ball over. Man, we turned the ball over 8 times!!! EIGHT times. Lol Ran up and down the field for the most part. Definitely a compliment to our defense because they held a dang good Westwood team. They have some special players and seems like they are responding well to their new coach. I’m going to chalk it up to first night jitters?! 😂 We clean that up and we’ll be just fine. 

1 minute ago, StingEmALTO said:

Yes sir! We came out of the “blocks” FAST! Scored 8 points in the first couple minutes and our defense was playing lights out. And then turnovers. We were in the red zone 2 or 3 times and would turn the ball over. Man, we turned the ball over 8 times!!! EIGHT times. Lol Ran up and down the field for the most part. Definitely a compliment to our defense because they held a dang good Westwood team. They have some special players and seems like they are responding well to their new coach. I’m going to chalk it up to first night jitters?! 😂 We clean that up and we’ll be just fine. 

That's why I didn't pick a real blowout, just never know how teenagers handle opening nite, but a couple weeks later they have it figured out and we can make a pretty accurate guestamate.. Lol 

Just now, upullinmychain said:

That's why I didn't pick a real blowout, just never know how teenagers handle opening nite, but a couple weeks later they have it figured out and we can make a pretty accurate guestamate.. Lol 

You got that right!

Y’all put a whoopin’ on Sabine. Congratulations!! Guess that all-state linebacker could have used a little more help. Good test upcoming with Troup! I hope y’all go the distance.....until Week 2 of district anyway!  😂 

1 minute ago, StingEmALTO said:

You got that right!

Y’all put a whoopin’ on Sabine. Congratulations!! Guess that all-state linebacker could have used a little more help. Good test upcoming with Troup! I hope y’all go the distance.....until Week 2 of district anyway!  😂 

I wasn't dissing on him, I was really asking how good his performance was last night, been hearing from multiple sources that the kid is legit.. Always like to see a young man perform at a high level.. Could be a scholarship waiting at the end of the season.. Js 

20 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

I wasn't dissing on him, I was really asking how good his performance was last night, been hearing from multiple sources that the kid is legit.. Always like to see a young man perform at a high level.. Could be a scholarship waiting at the end of the season.. Js 

I’m not sure we’re talking about the same kid. I was referring to the Sabine all-state player. Apparently y’all wore them out by looking at the score.