what if they played

lionpride08

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I hear you on all your points. Sadly, we’ll never know. I am happy in knowing so long as God doesn’t call us home between now and Friday night we get to celebrate football’s return!

That's the truth!!! It's the one week of the season that most fans are optimistic. 😁

58 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

I had hoped i got that edited before someone saw it.  But your statement confuses me.  Are you being sarcastic?

Just ignored it lol, but you are right, I did make that pick for a couple of reasons. I was wrong but no one lost any sleep over my opinion. As Coach Callaway always says, "It is what it is". 😁

8 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Newton vs Mart would be a fun game to watch. I would think it would be a low scoring game, due to the fact that both teams seem to emphasize defense first, and thus play their best athletes on defense. I’m gonna say Newton’s depth advantage comes into play, and they put up a couple of 2nd half TDs and win it 28-14. 

Ima agree here.. Depth and talented depth would probably be too much late.. 

24 minutes ago, MuleSlicks said:

Different game... 1981 Pittsburgh Pirates against 1983 Daingerfield Tigers.  Lots of D there.  Would be an epic battle.  16 miles apart..

The 1981 Pittsburg couldn't have held the '83 Tigers' jocks.  Now..., that 1980 Pirate team could've held its own.  They'da still got a beat down by about 20-0, but still...null

PG and Carthage would’ve been a very close game any week of the season besides the last. Carthage would’ve waxed a lot of teams that day in Jerry World. That was the best Carthage played all season. Unbelievable performance. That’s why they made Kennedale look so bad. Kennedale was supposed to be very tough. They beat some good teams. So i would still take Carthage by 7-10 points week 1-15. Week 16? Carthage by 24+.

22 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

You mean like 1921 bryan vs 1922 waco the first outright state champion vs the 2nd state champion

"Adjusting for inflation", so to speak - by which I mean the Waco Tigers existed and dominated in Texas high school football the way it was then... I hope that makes the point - you have to take into account:

In Paul Tyson’s 27 years as the Waco High head football coach, the Tigers outscored their opponents 8,069 points to 971 points as they compiled a 205-42-16 record. The average score of those games was Waco High’s 30.7 points to opponents’ 3.7.

The Tigers were state champions in 1922, 1925, 1926 and 1927. They advance to the state finals in 1923 and 1924, but lost the title game.

In short, Waco High either won the state football championship or played for the title in six straight seasons.

Unprecedented for that era of Texas high school football? The record book shows it is.

(How about "unprecedented for any era of Texas high school football"?)

But it could have been even better. In 1921, the Tigers scored 526 points and rivals failed to score a single point. In fact, only one team managed to cross the midfield stripe against their defense.

The Tigers went 8-0 but did not win the state crown. (I believe in '22 they went 9-0 and averaged a 63-0 score) Bryan did, because Waco High was not an official member of the University Interscholastic League that year.

The '20s Tigers are tied for the national record for most 100-point games. ELEVEN.

• Like 1