Week 2: Timpson Bears @ Alto Yellowjackets - 9/07

StingEmALTO

Timpson Bears @ Alto Yellowjackets  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the preseason matchup of Timpson (1-0) at Alto (1-0)?

• Alto
    • Timpson

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/2018 at 12:30 AM

59 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Looks like this one could get real this year.. Hopefully no injuries. Good luck to both.. 

Glad to have Timpson back on the schedule! It’s been since 2010 (70-28 Alto) and 2011 (41-0 Alto) that we played each other. Timpson has definitely improved in the last couple seasons under their new coach. Great athletes and they seem to be headed in the right direction. Going to be a slug fest!

• Like 1

Alto’s run defense is really good this year, but the pass defense still needs some work. Timpson will need to be able to throw the football to be in this game, if they can’t it will be a long night for them. Alto will win this game by three or four scores.

One of West woods scores was on a turnover. All the others scores came on passes, only gave up 57 yards rushing. We won’t have all those turnovers next week, a few of the turnovers against Westwood were freak deals. One interception came from the Qb hitting the running back in the helmet, and one fumble was in the open field with no one even touching the running back. Also one fumble was caused by the ground, but still called a fumble by the ref. We looked like trash in the first half because of all the turnovers, we only had one in the second half.

4 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

What if Timpson capitalizes on those turnovers?  Alto defense still giving up a bunch of points.  Alto will win, but wont be surprised seeing Timpson pull it out!  

Turnovers? Alto had 5 turnovers in first half, and was still down jusT 6, 2 ints are freak deals, and 2 fumbles I bet them kids are carrying footballs to class a la "the program" and lets not forget Westwood is under a new coach also and they're not the powder puff game most had this week...in order for timpson to capitalize they better be able to throw....plain and simple and I imagine that's getting a tune up after seeing a game where the opponent threw 47 times....hence the 3 yards rushing.....Westwood had 2 jam up receivers and the QB had a hell of an arm....that's 3a div1 so let's take it to 2a div 1, if you have thAt combination your a team to beat...and Timpson ain't that......but back to alto still giving up abunch of points.....they gave up 21 that's a far cry from the 40 point average from last year and it's first game of year and out of those 21, 7 came from a drive in Westwood territory....so 14 point on alto side of the field.......bottom line is Alto wins BIG Friday against Timpson...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

13 minutes ago, Cherokee603 said:

Turnovers? Alto had 5 turnovers in first half, and was still down jusT 6, 2 ints are freak deals, and 2 fumbles I bet them kids are carrying footballs to class a la "the program" and lets not forget Westwood is under a new coach also and they're not the powder puff game most had this week...in order for timpson to capitalize they better be able to throw....plain and simple and I imagine that's getting a tune up after seeing a game where the opponent threw 47 times....hence the 3 yards rushing.....Westwood had 2 jam up receivers and the QB had a hell of an arm....that's 3a div1 so let's take it to 2a div 1, if you have thAt combination your a team to beat...and Timpson ain't that......but back to alto still giving up abunch of points.....they gave up 21 that's a far cry from the 40 point average from last year and it's first game of year and out of those 21, 7 came from a drive in Westwood territory....so 14 point on alto side of the field.......bottom line is Alto wins BIG Friday against Timpson...

A good team will turn those turnovers into points.  Cant get lucky every week.  Just like last year...that "freak" turn over cost you the game against SA.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cherokee603 said:

Agreed. We are gonna be hard pressed to see a team anytime soon with the WR/QB credentials as we’ve seen the past two weeks in Crockett and Westwood. Timpson is going to have to throw it with success to remain remotely close. We were talking today that we most likely won’t have a turnover / penalty infested game such as last night’s again. We will have some of Both surely, but not to the degree we saw last night. With last year’s defense, we are dead last night. However, we have made a complete 180. I’m convinced of it now after seeing it 3 straight weeks. It was evident after we started punishing their receivers last night that they laid it down in the 4th. Once they saw their big #4 leave the game for his second and final time, the rest of the guys were done. Hate he was injured, but nothing was dirty. Our new DC demands the secondary to hit with the intention of separating receivers from the ball and he ain’t shy about it. The guys back there do it very well and did a good job last night of making WW receivers earn every ball they hung on to. Just remember, it’s a penalty to de-cleat the opposing QB and spike the ball he just coughed up 😂

52 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

A good team will turn those turnovers into points.  Cant get lucky every week.  Just like last year...that "freak" turn over cost you the game against SA.

True. Good teams capitalize on turnovers. Westwood was plenty capable and had many opportunities. They have the tools to strike from anywhere.Last year, they would have killed us. But I attribute us holding them down to the new DC. He has came in and changed the attitude on that side of the ball. He seems like an abrasive type coach who the kids really don’t wanna have to answer to lol. That’s what you gotta have sometimes to get quick results imo 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

There was nothing “freak” about that turnover last year vs. SA. The kid mishandled the ball plain and simple and then SA capitalized to put the game away. SA win. 

True, between Alto and Carlisle last year, I've now seen some of the best dribbling with a football I've seen in many a year. I didn't know you could dribble tween ya legs and go for a twenty foot fade away from the forty yard line... But I saw it a couple time last year from several teams... Lol 

• LOL! 1

For the Bears to stay with alto Timpson will need run winsprints/ conditioning drills because I promise you from seeing it firsthand the Bears were gassed by the running back and quarterback from himphill the other night !  If the hornets had a great line timpson and would’ve not stop them. A/B gap is open!! Alto will dominate this game if they execute their plan the Bears have a great system at quarterback and running back!  The Bears do have a great DE!  Should be a great match in an old rivalry returns good luck to both teams 

6 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

True, between Alto and Carlisle last year, I've now seen some of the best dribbling with a football I've seen in many a year. I didn't know you could dribble tween ya legs and go for a twenty foot fade away from the forty yard line... But I saw it a couple time last year from several teams... Lol 

Now that’s funny!! 😂