Gilmer vs Van

gilmerstar

Van @ Gilmer  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/2018 at 12:30 AM

I'm really looking forward to this game. I've always thought we should try to schedule Gilmer in non-district play. It's been a long time so I don't know how these two teams will match up but win or lose It will be good experience. We all know Gilmer is Gilmer and will be tough. Should be a really good gauge as to what we need to work on before district. 

11 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

I'll give Gilmer all the respect they deserve but I don't see them scoring 56 on us. This is basically the same defense from last year only a year older plus a new linebacker that is absolutely a beast.

Yeah, remember a few years back when Van had a beast linebacker (santos). Didnt work out very well. You guys don't have the speed to run with the Bucs. Of course, this could be the year that Van pulls the major upset....

To me, this game “should” be an indicator of how Van will fair in disrict.......win by 14 or more and could be a player for district championship.......lose by 14 or more, and probably be competing for 3rd or worse in district.......a very close game probably says Van can get 2nd in district, probably not first. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Yeah, remember a few years back when Van had a beast linebacker (santos). Didnt work out very well. You guys don't have the speed to run with the Bucs. Of course, this could be the year that Van pulls the major upset....

Then on the other hand, that group of kids graduated high school, graduated college and now probably have families of their own. That was a long while ago. I honestly don't even remember the score of that game but I don't think the bucks hung 56 on us then either...could be wrong though. Anyway, irrelevant since this defense isn't relying on just the star linebacker. Hey, I know we're the underdog. May not win. Just don't think the Bucks score 56.

1 hour ago, Vandalman said:

Then on the other hand, that group of kids graduated high school, graduated college and now probably have families of their own. That was a long while ago. I honestly don't even remember the score of that game but I don't think the bucks hung 56 on us then either...could be wrong though. Anyway, irrelevant since this defense isn't relying on just the star linebacker. Hey, I know we're the underdog. May not win. Just don't think the Bucks score 56.

I stand corrected lol. Gilmer hung 57 on us that game in 2011, if the historical data I saw is correct. Oh well, still don't think it happens this time. Just my opinion. Anyways, praying both teams have an injury free game. I think it will be a good one.

31 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

IF we put 4 QUARTERS together I think we win.  If not, an upset is possible.  Van is a better team than most people think, in my opinion.

I think everyone knows Van has another good team this year; however, playing Gilmer in Gilmer is a different animal. The Buckeyes will definitely have to play a complete game this week. This young Buckeye team at home I think is a couple of tds better. I think this will be a really great matchup for both teams. Weather may play a factor in this one though...

30 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

I think everyone knows Van has another good team this year; however, playing Gilmer in Gilmer is a different animal. The Buckeyes will definitely have to play a complete game this week. This young Buckeye team at home I think is a couple of tds better. I think this will be a really great matchup for both teams. Weather may play a factor in this one though...

Yes, Gilmer is a VERY tough place to play for any opponent.  That's pretty obvious, and I agree that we're probably two TDs better at home.  I'd still like to see this team put 4 quarters together on both sides of the ball.  It's early in the season so there's still time to do that.  Van is one of those kinds of teams that can give us problems because they can pass very efficiently, and have balance.  They also appear to have a pretty good defense as well.  Don't get me wrong, I do think we will likely win, but any kind of long, sustained momentum shift could put the game up for grabs.  Those momentum shifts are the one thing that will bite you in the behind if you continue that trend.