Gilmer vs Van

gilmerstar

Van @ Gilmer  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/2018 at 12:30 AM

1 hour ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Calm down it was the first game and we played a lot of kids that was their first time on varsity to get them reps 

I'm trying to. Defense gave up some points but I still believe we are improved over last year. Actually more worried about the QB play than anything. This week should give us a good insight to where we are going. 

well imma say, Van can beat Gilmer, all the people I kno, in Gilmer say, Gilmer don't run in the 2 adays like in the Traylor time, say Turner cant get his kids to run, and all say the discipline is gone, so last few years Gilmer runnn out a gas in the 4th, said the D1 lineman couldn't hardly get on the field in 4th he  so tired. I use to be a buck fan, but the las time I watch them play, they ran out of gas late, I said den no discipline , you can tell traylor is gone, they got the good players to be good, but don't go the xtra mile on gettn in good shape no more and I did wath that Melissa game las year, and you could see it bad mistakes after mistakes they need a new DC all the folks say over there they all hopn traylor will come back cause turner aint hungry  

I want to see if Gilmer can improve between week one and week two.  Watching the game Friday, I don't think they ran out of gas.  They did become very conservative, which let Atlanta load the box and key on the running game.  But Gilmer certainly didn't assert it's will in the 4th quarter like I thought they would.

But a lot of sophomores are playing.  Let's see how they do with one game under their belt.

• Like 1

Well i felt good for 12 mins in the last game, then the decline began, Atlanta had some success throwing the ball, and if Van has a good passing game,  this will probably be a horse race, and probably who has the ball last will win the game! The jury is still very much out on Gilmers young defense and I certainly agree with some, they were running on E in the 4th. This is anybody's ball game!

1 hour ago, GTownballer said:

Well i felt good for 12 mins in the last game, then the decline began, Atlanta had some success throwing the ball, and if Van has a good passing game,  this will probably be a horse race, and probably who has the ball last will win the game! The jury is still very much out on Gilmers young defense and I certainly agree with some, they were running on E in the 4th. This is anybody's ball game!

Anybody's ball game? Is Gilmer way down this year? I know they lost the QB to graduation. They usually plug and play at QB (at least the last 10-12 years anyway). This seems like a typical Van team. Dont understand the doubt by Buckeye fans...

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

Anybody's ball game? Is Gilmer way down this year? I know they lost the QB to graduation. They usually plug and play at QB (at least the last 10-12 years anyway). This seems like a typical Van team. Dont understand the doubt by Buckeye fans...

We haven't had a dominating defense in a long time. That may be why there is so much doubt.

14 hours ago, eagle34 said:

Offensively, other than ironing out a few things, they are probably gonna be really good, but, you have to agree, you've got to muster some sort of consistent defense, and a defense, that can go hard for 4 quarters, they've not been able to accomplish that in the last couple of years!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, GTownballer said:

Offensively, other than ironing out a few things, they are probably gonna be really good, but, you have to agree, you've got to muster some sort of consistent defense, and a defense, that can go hard for 4 quarters, they've not been able to accomplish that in the last couple of years!

I honestly think we got the kids to be better on defense it’s just the scheme we run that’s not worth anything you can’t run a 3-4 if u don’t have a big nose gaurd and LBs u gonna struggle 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

At this point it looks like the rain is pretty spotty.  That could change, but accuweather seems to think the bulk of the rain will hold off until early in the morning.  I hope they're right.

Yeah hope so. My Noaa app is showing 50% until about kickoff then drops to 44% until early morning when it ramps up a lot...so basically agreeing with Accuweather.