Gilmer vs Van

gilmerstar

Van @ Gilmer  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/2018 at 12:30 AM

Man that was a tough mental and physical game for both. I actually think Van looked to be the better team that night. The buckeyes are still young and need to adjust to the Friday Night Light League for sure. I am proud they didn't give up and held their ground at the end. Still blows my mind that Van didn't kick that field goal though. It was a pretty intense game to battle from behind all night pretty much. They just need to learn from this. On another note I expect Van to do well in their division for sure. Those boys looked really good all night. The difference was Gilmer caught a couple good breaks at key moments. 

Those penalties on both sides late in the game were a killer for each other. Gilmer took way to many penalties to basically put them fighting on the goal line after everything was walked off. Congrats to the Buckeyes though.

Great game. It really was one of the best games I've seen. Gilmer is explosive. I don't think anyone thought Van would keep it this close, especially with an all new O-line and Qb's. I thought these kids did an outstanding job. As far as the field goal call, if we'd tried and missed or blocked we'd probably all be wondering why we wasted a 3rd down. The previous play took 6 seconds. We had 9 seconds left.  Granted, that's cutting it close but coach was probably thinking quick play and if we didn't punch it in then kick the field goal on 4th dwn. It was a judgement call that didn't go our way. Gilmer made a great goal line stance and sacked the Qb. Good job on their part.

Congrats to Van, got a feeling your head coach, is not feeling so well, but it was a judgement call, and having an extra point blocked previously that had to be on his mind, calling a spade a spade,  the Vandals beat us everywhere, but the scoreboard, lol.. with that said, you do get alittle taste of trying to come into Gilmer and get out with a win, its not easy, but the game went the way I suspected, with the last person with the ball would probably win the game, and in minds eye, it was your game to lose or win on that last call,,,, Gilmer is a young team, the QB is a Soph, he's gonna be good, our offense like I said before has the potential to become really really good, but the defense on the other hand, calling a spade a  spade, just plain awful, and its nothing new, and until, the school board finally puts their foot down, we are going to continue to all be frustrated, things change in this game, and we have to change with it, like Guru said, we never made adjustments, and that's not the kids, that's coaching pure and simple, we have great kids, that believe in the system, but there has to be changes made on the defense coaching side of it, I like a lot of these Gilmer fans have seen a lot of great Gilmer offenses, and this one has the potential to be as great as any we've had, but if you cant muster a descent defense, it puts a huge amount of pressure on them, hats off for the come back win, and certainly to Van kids as well, and I do feel bad for their fans and the kids..because in my opinion, he should of kicked it, you guys will be a force in that district,, us,, we've got alot growing up to do, and a lot of work on fundamentals, and try and get these kids in shape, I noticed the lights on evening practices are not burning near as late as they used to, one thing for sure, it takes long hours and a lot of coaching, to produce championship quality teams, the kids are the same, so its not hard to figure out, where we are lacking, and if im a betting man, Gilmer will not sit back and let its team slip into mediocracy! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VandalMom88 said:

Vandalman, exactly what they were thinking! Finally a fan that makes sense.. try one once more for a shot at the end zone and then kick the field goal leaving the bucks with little or no time on the clock. Unfortunately did not work out that way.

Would have been little or no time if they would have kicked it. Bone head call. 

2 hours ago, GTownballer said:

Congrats to Van, got a feeling your head coach, is not feeling so well, but it was a judgement call, and having an extra point blocked previously that had to be on his mind, calling a spade a spade,  the Vandals beat us everywhere, but the scoreboard, lol.. with that said, you do get alittle taste of trying to come into Gilmer and get out with a win, its not easy, but the game went the way I suspected, with the last person with the ball would probably win the game, and in minds eye, it was your game to lose or win on that last call,,,, Gilmer is a young team, the QB is a Soph, he's gonna be good, our offense like I said before has the potential to become really really good, but the defense on the other hand, calling a spade a  spade, just plain awful, and its nothing new, and until, the school board finally puts their foot down, we are going to continue to all be frustrated, things change in this game, and we have to change with it, like Guru said, we never made adjustments, and that's not the kids, that's coaching pure and simple, we have great kids, that believe in the system, but there has to be changes made on the defense coaching side of it, I like a lot of these Gilmer fans have seen a lot of great Gilmer offenses, and this one has the potential to be as great as any we've had, but if you cant muster a descent defense, it puts a huge amount of pressure on them, hats off for the come back win, and certainly to Van kids as well, and I do feel bad for their fans and the kids..because in my opinion, he should of kicked it, you guys will be a force in that district,, us,, we've got alot growing up to do, and a lot of work on fundamentals, and try and get these kids in shape, I noticed the lights on evening practices are not burning near as late as they used to, one thing for sure, it takes long hours and a lot of coaching, to produce championship quality teams, the kids are the same, so its not hard to figure out, where we are lacking, and if im a betting man, Gilmer will not sit back and let its team slip into mediocracy! 

I concur withe the description of our defensive problem and that is why I do not post any more. I do not want to tear down our kids when it has and is a coaching problem. Started back in traylor days defense gets no attention. We have gone years with the good old boys coaching defense and have needed a change for a long time. We will win, we will get in the playoffs but that is it we do not have the defense we need to go far. Agree or disagree look at how many points that has been scored against us in the last 4 years. Our motto is just slow them down a little so our offense can out score them. I will now go back into hibernation.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tdsteele said:

I mean I rarely would second guess a coach but somebody on the staff had to be screaming FG down there. I have no doubt if the roles were reversed, the Gilmer staff would have kicked a FG for the win.  I mean the ball was inside the 2 and they had no probs kicking PATs before. Maybe his leg fell off on the sideline or something.  

Players win games and Coaches lose games.