Grapeland @ Crockett, Battle For Houston County.

CrockettDogs

2 hours ago, CrockettDogs said:

Forget all the skill stuff !! The real fun match up to watch is that Grapeland O Line vs that Crockett D Line whoever dominates there wins.

I'll say it comes down to both. Will Crockett Defense improve vs the run? Buffalo ran for more than 350+, and did not have to throw the ball. Same with Garrison. Garrison would have put up another 20 in the 2nd half on their Defense. When it was 28-14, Garrison had is clicking, drove right down the field and scored. Then they got the ball back and did the same thing, and they stripped the wide receiver inside the 10. Crockett D only stopped Garrison when they went to a one receiver set. When Garrison was in the spread Crockett out. Garrison run at will on them.. 

Grapeland will go with only 3 down lineman, and if they can maintain the gaps, get penetration, and pressure then our linebackers will be able to tackle freely and they tackle very well in the open field. That will allow us to drop 6, 7, or 8 in coverage. I believe our dbs will be the best yall have seen yet. They can cover a lot of ground.  

1 hour ago, bigj said:

I'll say it comes down to both. Will Crockett Defense improve vs the run? Buffalo ran for more than 350+, and did not have to throw the ball. Same with Garrison. Garrison would have put up another 20 in the 2nd half on their Defense. When it was 28-14, Garrison had is clicking, drove right down the field and scored. Then they got the ball back and did the same thing, and they stripped the wide receiver inside the 10. Crockett D only stopped Garrison when they went to a one receiver set. When Garrison was in the spread Crockett out. Garrison run at will on them.. 

Grapeland will go with only 3 down lineman, and if they can maintain the gaps, get penetration, and pressure then our linebackers will be able to tackle freely and they tackle very well in the open field. That will allow us to drop 6, 7, or 8 in coverage. I believe our dbs will be the best yall have seen yet. They can cover a lot of ground.  

Garrison really only drove up the field 1 drive, the other score came from 3 unnecessary penalties which included an unsportsmanlike on one of our players on 3rd and 10 as HE got slammed to the ground. The final score came from blown coverage and a throw to a wide open receiver allowed them to walk in. I don't think Garrison would have scored at all second half. Towards the end of the second Garrison had waaay more negative run plays than positive. We have enough athletes coach could just choose to load the box and dare them to run or pass which is something I think we'll see this week that we didn't against another spread team like Buffalo or when Garrison got in spread. Our DB's are literally 3a state championship track material lol 4 of our DB's was on that championship team. All with blinding speed. Owens broke 2 records for us in a HALF against Garrison I expect him to have another big game.

18 minutes ago, CrockettDogs said:

Garrison really only drove up the field 1 drive, the other score came from 3 unnecessary penalties which included an unsportsmanlike on one of our players on 3rd and 10 as HE got slammed to the ground. The final score came from blown coverage and a throw to a wide open receiver allowed them to walk in. I don't think Garrison would have scored at all second half. Towards the end of the second Garrison had waaay more negative run plays than positive. We have enough athletes coach could just choose to load the box and dare them to run or pass which is something I think we'll see this week that we didn't against another spread team like Buffalo or when Garrison got in spread. Our DB's are literally 3a state championship track material lol 4 of our DB's was on that championship team. All with blinding speed. Owens broke 2 records for us in a HALF against Garrison I expect him to have another big game.

You are delusional.  Garrison ran the ball at will against Crockett's defense ...it would have gotten worse in the second half ....

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

You are delusional.  Garrison ran the ball at will against Crockett's defense ...it would have gotten worse in the second half ....

They really did. I watch the flim. I don't know what this guy is watching. We get it there a good team.  But there defense needs work. Alot. 

25 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Point out where I was wrong? Garrison drove the ball one time and scored. Crockett got penalized for big yardage 3 times on another and Garrison scored again and lastly got a big pass play and scored from 3 yards in. Like i said in the second quarter yall's offense was completely gassed and wasn't getting much yardage at all. Where am I wrong?

11 minutes ago, bigj said:

They really did. I watch the flim. I don't know what this guy is watching. We get it there a good team.  But there defense needs work. Alot. 

Gotta feeling imma be saying the same thing about Grapeland after Friday night lol. We scored 34 in the first half even while looking medicore on some drives.

18 hours ago, CrockettDogs said:

Point out where I was wrong? Garrison drove the ball one time and scored. Crockett got penalized for big yardage 3 times on another and Garrison scored again and lastly got a big pass play and scored from 3 yards in. Like i said in the second quarter yall's offense was completely gassed and wasn't getting much yardage at all. Where am I wrong?

Garrison was ripping off big run after big run on Crockett's weak run defense.  They only time we didn't was when we took Porter out of the game and started throwing the ball.  If we had stuck to the run game I don't think Crockett's defense would have stopped any of our offensive possessions .... 

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Garrison was ripping off big run after big run on Crockett's weak run defense.  They only time we didn't was when we took Porter out of the game and started throwing the ball.  If we had stuck to the run game I don't think Crockett's defense would have stopped any of our offensive possessions .... 

After adding up his yds he had over 150 yds. 

6 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

If yall would've never gotten that big pass play on 3rd and 20 and scored we would've gotten the ball back and scored and it would be 41-14 think about that lol.

And there's PLENTY of times were Crocketts defense stopped y'alls run game??? Lol what are you even talking about. After that strip Garrison gave up on the pass. It just looked like y'all were gassed. 

Just watched the film y'all only passed on 7 or 8 plays? Lmao and didn't have one run play of 5+ yards the WHOLE second quarter 😂 get your eyes checked man lol.

12 hours ago, CrockettDogs said:

If yall would've never gotten that big pass play on 3rd and 20 and scored we would've gotten the ball back and scored and it would be 41-14 think about that lol.

If our WR hadn't gotten stripped of the ball before he crossed the goal line it could have ended up tied ...

Edited by KirtFalcon

6 hours ago, CrockettDogs said:

And there's PLENTY of times were Crocketts defense stopped y'alls run game??? Lol what are you even talking about. After that strip Garrison gave up on the pass. It just looked like y'all were gassed. 

:rofl: that's funny right there ...

6 hours ago, CrockettDogs said:

If ands and buts were candy and nuts, we would all have a Merry Christmas ... if yawl hadn't caught all those passes you wouldn't have scored so much ... :rofl:

Edited by KirtFalcon

11 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Y’all did. My cousin said he played crockett and they supposedly won in the late 70s. I believe it. A few Crockett people that i asked said it was true. 

Just called to clarify from my dad. It was actually 69 or 70 when they played. He played in late 70s

2 hours ago, Lion1996 said:

I asked my dad he was on the 69 team and uncle. Neither can remember ever playing Crockett. He said that the jv might have played 

Ask him about a Jones at running back. My dad said after center grove and Lovelady integration or whatever.