Harleton @ Sabine

Bclove05

1 minute ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

What chain said. Y’all would be competitive with a ground and pound attack. We’re in the same boat. Went back to our dull run game and away from that spread mess. Some schools just can’t do it. We couldn’t and y’all can’t either. I’d kill to have some of yalls lineman on our squad. 

What you said NB, go old school redskins with big riggo as the back.. Pound off tackle all night.. Most hs defense can't take it anymore, they aren't geared for that style game. 

We dont have a legit running back this year. The kids running the ball do a good job but i dont think any of them would be in the backfield if we had a true running back. I will admit we have some big boys on the line. The biggest is only a sophomore that was out all year last year from an ATV injury. There are some big ones waiting in line on the jv as well. 

In 2007  we had a huge line ND big backs, ran power I, went to regional. Lost them all at graduation that year. Next year rocky had small line and running backs, so he went double wing and made playoffs. And made playoff for a couple years after that. Then had the players to run spread and uses that, and we've gotten better every year.. Not about digging on kids, about coaches adapting to run what is available to use. Trust me, if rock was still head coach over here and we had your big line... You can bet he'd be running the power run game again.   Just different coaching philosophy is all. No disrespect intended whatsoever from me and I can say I could speak for NB also.  Just fans of Ole school football.. 

11 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Got no doubt that your coach is a fine man that cares for his boys. I’m just making an observation. You know how fans are in the stands. Landry’s and Lombardi’s from one end to the other. Lots of people don’t like that old school run game and they voice their opinion. Same thing happened here. Folks griping wanting to chunk it. Well three years later they’re wanting to tote it again. We got gritty boys but spread just doesn’t work. Good luck. Btw you’re one of my favorite posters. No matter what you get on here and rep Sabine. I like that. I wish we had some posters like you here at Pewitt. 

I never try to disrespect anyone or put kids down. Winning is fun, but at the end of the day its not everything. I just enjoy watching the players, bands, cheerleaders, and anyone else out there making friday night lights what it is. Winning or losing doesnt matter to much to me.

For those of you that don’t know, the Slot-T offense is an offense that has lineman that can run. Not huge monsters that just mash you. The Slot-T has to have guards that can run and pull and get out in space and block people. Sabine is doing just fine running the football. They have 3 good backs that split time and a QB that carried it 29 times the other night for 126 yds and 2 touchdowns. They ran for nearly 250 and passed for 194. The staff knows what they are doing, it’s just a process that takes a year or two to master. The big sophomore lineman you mentioned, it doesn’t even look like he plays offense. He’s a defensive tackle. Most people on here sit in the stands and have never been on a Friday night field or in an office on Saturdays and Sundays putting a game plan together. Those men know what they are doing. People need to encourage their own teams and communities and leave everyone else alone. 

20 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Got no doubt that your coach is a fine man that cares for his boys. I’m just making an observation. You know how fans are in the stands. Landry’s and Lombardi’s from one end to the other. Lots of people don’t like that old school run game and they voice their opinion. Same thing happened here. Folks griping wanting to chunk it. Well three years later they’re wanting to tote it again. We got gritty boys but spread just doesn’t work. Good luck. Btw you’re one of my favorite posters. No matter what you get on here and rep Sabine. I like that. I wish we had some posters like you here at Pewitt. 

I’d admit, I’m a Bear Bryant of the Bleachers! I don’t need a college diploma and years of experience to Coach, All I need is a General Admission Ticket...

As for Sabine offense...This is the second year to have the spread offense. Last year went down the drain after our QB went down with an injury. He is a good QB with an accurate arm. 

I missed the first game against Carlisle but was told he made the passes just couldn’t find any receivers to bring the ball in, Well during the Shelbyville game a few of them boys must have made some adjustments during to week because we had almost 200yrds passing.

Yes we have a big O-Line that could be a little quicker to protect the spread. But I’m thinking after a couple more games Sabine will be a better balanced team.

As for the defense, If you have speed around the edge you will beat Sabine..And if a team has 6ft receivers with speed they will beat Sabine.

im still very optimistic about Sabine this year..Sabine has a experienced team and good coaches. They are in a very tough district but don’t be surprised if they ain’t playing White Oak in the last game of the regular season for a chance for the #4 seed.

As for the Harleton Game....Sabine wins by 20+ points 

1 minute ago, Champ77 said:

I’d admit, I’m a Bear Bryant of the Bleachers! I don’t need a college diploma and years of experience to Coach, All I need is a General Admission Ticket...

As for Sabine offense...This is the second year to have the spread offense. Last year went down the drain after our QB went down with an injury. He is a good QB with an accurate arm. 

I missed the first game against Carlisle but was told he made the passes just couldn’t find any receivers to bring the ball in, Well during the Shelbyville game a few of them boys must have made some adjustments during to week because we had almost 200yrds passing.

Yes we have a big O-Line that could be a little quicker to protect the spread. But I’m thinking after a couple more games Sabine will be a better balanced team.

As for the defense, If you have speed around the edge you will beat Sabine..And if a team has 6ft receivers with speed they will beat Sabine.

im still very optimistic about Sabine this year..Sabine has a experienced team and good coaches. They are in a very tough district but don’t be surprised if they ain’t playing White Oak in the last game of the regular season for a chance for the #4 seed.

As for the Harleton Game....Sabine wins by 20+ points 

I'd like to see yall in the playoffs, that would be cool, as for slot - t, not my bag of tricks, prefer split back veer. As for the spread.. Meh.. If run properly with adequate personnel it can be a equalizer.. All of them are about personal. Love the game even when you are losing.. The last game you ever play comes so fast.. 

1 hour ago, RipperRipper said:

Sabine will be just fine with Rex Sarp at the helm. Lifelong friend of mine. Haven't kept in touch, but friends still the same. He runs a great off season. He will make the best of the talent he has, trust me. Don't ever challenge him to shoot pool. He will embarrass you. Go Sabine!

RipperRipper, every body I've talked to said coach sharp is aces, wasn't doubting his veracity, just knew in the past he was one to roll a ground pounder offense. Heard he knows how to get kids to block fundamentally and with technique. Was curious with his choice for spread offense. Maybe he sees something upstream a few years out that puts him on that path, who knows.. I'm just a curious sort. 

Just my observation from watching Harleton play JB. They play hard, they run spread because I think that is all their coach knows really well, qb is in for a long season if he last because he would not back down from a mack truck, not much speed, but they are fun to watch, and I like green and white.

1 hour ago, Destry said:

Just my observation from watching Harleton play JB. They play hard, they run spread because I think that is all their coach knows really well, qb is in for a long season if he last because he would not back down from a mack truck, not much speed, but they are fun to watch, and I like green and white.

Harleton always plays tough. Doesnt look like they are scoring many points though.