Whitehouse 2-0 Vs Melissa 2-0 Thursday 7pm

RedRed

Just looking at the filmclips from both teams......I would call this game a literal toss-up.  Both teams are stronger on the offensive side and it appears they both have good skill players, but not necessarily great defenses. So yes......the scoring should be high and it should prove to be an exciting game to watch with lots of offense. More than likely some turnovers too......fumbles and interceptions.  Looks like both teams primarily base their offense on the pass, but Melissa does have an excellent RB and QB that have moves and speed in the open field.  Melissa's qb Brendon Lewis(6-3, 195) is very athletic and can do it all. Ja'Bray Young(5-10, 208) is their go-to Rb that has all the moves. They like to throw it to him out of the backfield in space so that he can use his speed and moves one on one in the secondary.  He's an excellent rb  with good vision,  power and speed.......both players are juniors this season, but both players were starters last year.  In fact, the Melissa team is full of soph and junior athletic types.......they have a good group of talented young players on that team.  They may not  be as seasoned now as a junior/senior laden team this early in the season, but should be much improved by the playoffs.  This will be a good test for both teams before district play begins and should be an overall very entertaining game to watch.  I've got Melissa winning this one by 2 TD's......maybe only 7 pts.  They do know how to score and put up the points.

3 hours ago, RedRed said:

What is going on with Hendo?

Struggling in the O-line and with pass defense. WH took it to us from the start. Led PG in the 4th qtr but just could not make a play on offense or get a stop on defense with the game on the line. Im not ready to panic...these juniors and seniors have been darn good and I expect they will get things together soon enough.

15 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Struggling in the O-line and with pass defense. WH took it to us from the start. Led PG in the 4th qtr (with starting QB not playing) but just could not make a play on offense or get a stop on defense with the game on the line. Im not ready to panic...these juniors and seniors have been darn good and I expect they will get things together soon enough.

Yall will be fine I'm sure.