Whitehouse 2-0 Vs Melissa 2-0 Thursday 7pm

RedRed

1 hour ago, Hlion said:

Never count them out you never know. Whitehouse should be very competitive especially in their District. Depends how far .

Im not counting them out, I just dont think they can beat Melissa. I know they have two good wr, but Melissa has more weapons then WH. 

10 minutes ago, Hlion said:

Fair enough I don't know enough about them to make a fair judgement. I know they are a fairly good team so I wouldn't be surprised to see them win.

I think it will be a very good game though. I think Melissa will have the better offense and WH the better defense. Melissa can put up points in hurry so it could end up being a good ole shoot out.

Melissa is kinda banged up on the OL, not sure how much impact that will have but I'm sure they will still put up the points. Thru 2 games Brendon Lewis is 28-43 439yd 5TD 0 Int passing and 27 carries 237yd 6TD rushing. Now that wasn't against stellar competition but he played very little or none in the 4th quarter of either game. He is certainly one of the most dynamic playmakers in 4A. With the exception of #90 of D who seems to play less than half the plays Melissa does not have much size on D and seems to have issues stopping the run although Frisco runs an odd offense that isn't seen often. I really like #13 for the Cards. He's not a big kid but the is a scrapper. I don't know much about Whitehouse but their scores impress me. I think this will be a tremendous matchup and I'm going with the homer pick...Melissa 34 Whitehouse 30.

10 minutes ago, Texski said:

Melissa is kinda banged up on the OL, not sure how much impact that will have but I'm sure they will still put up the points. Thru 2 games Brendon Lewis is 28-43 439yd 5TD 0 Int passing and 27 carries 237yd 6TD rushing. Now that wasn't against stellar competition but he played very little or none in the 4th quarter of either game. He is certainly one of the most dynamic playmakers in 4A. With the exception of #90 of D who seems to play less than half the plays Melissa does not have much size on D and seems to have issues stopping the run although Frisco runs an odd offense that isn't seen often. I really like #13 for the Cards. He's not a big kid but the is a scrapper. I don't know much about Whitehouse but their scores impress me. I think this will be a tremendous matchup and I'm going with the homer pick...Melissa 34 Whitehouse 30.

If Melissa has good defense coverages they can either win or make it a game but if Melissa has a lot of injuries than it can be along night for Melissa. WH has a very good offense and Defense.

On September 11, 2018 at 11:49 AM, RedRed said:

They wanted to meet at a halfway point and Emory was is the halfway point and I believe they play Friday night at home.

Hey Red. How are those celina Bobcats gonna be this year?  I thought they had a pretty salty defense vs pleasant grove last yr but the offense was lacking somewhat. Would like to see them get back in the mix of things. 

8 minutes ago, wingtveer said:

Hey Red. How are those celina Bobcats gonna be this year?  I thought they had a pretty salty defense vs pleasant grove last yr but the offense was lacking somewhat. Would like to see them get back in the mix of things. 

They should be improved on offense with a new qb and last years qb moving to wr and player coming up from a 10-0 jv, but how much improved I'm not sure. It could be difficult for them though because both Melissa and Argyles offenses are better this year. I think Argyles got the best defense and Melissa has the best offense in the district, but every team better bring it because I think those 3 teams can knock each other off. Those 3 games should be a slug fest. 

49 minutes ago, RedRed said:

They should be improved on offense with a new qb and last years qb moving to wr and player coming up from a 10-0 jv, but how much improved I'm not sure. It could be difficult for them though because both Melissa and Argyles offenses are better this year. I think Argyles got the best defense and Melissa has the best offense in the district, but every team better bring it because I think those 3 teams can knock each other off. Those 3 games should be a slug fest. 

Thanks for the info. Hope they have a great season.