Newton vs. West Orange Stark

LSUTigahs

Newton vs WOS  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/15/2018 at 12:30 AM

WOS will give Newton a game this week. They have competed for the 4A state title for four years in a row now. Not one other team can say they have done so. I believe Newton comes out on top, but the chain gang will keep them in check from blowing the score open. WOS was down last year and still made it back to the championship game; now they're down again by the way everyone talks, but I wouldn't put it past them to make another run at it. I'm going with Newton with a score of 27-14. 

23 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I mean everyone act like it’s a surprise what they did to silsbee, when has silsbee ever been something in football and didn’t they whoop up on them last yr as well 

Silsbee was just in the Regional Final few years ago. Silsbee's problem has been running into Carthage. 

On 9/9/2018 at 1:17 PM, Eagles97 said:

Wos doesn’t have one “stud” that matches Barlow or Brown.  Do your homework

Y'all must have forgotten Newton use to play all the 4 A schools in the golden triangle untill about 12 years ago and they all declined since then till this year

On 9/9/2018 at 1:06 PM, KellyLeak said:

I get it man, you’re proud of your team, you have every right to be. But for as many studs as you feel like Newton has on the team, WOS has 3 for your 1. And when your best player gets done scoring a TD and putting out the necessary effort it takes to score against a talented defense like WOS’s, he has to turn around and be able to match that effort in stopping same caliber kids that are getting off the bench after a 10 minute break, not to mention he’ll probably run down on kick-off too. So let me know how that works out for you. All the credit goes to Newton though for taking a game like this, big balls.

2 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I’m not going to say they are up there with the ‘83 Tigers, but if Newton goes undefeated and wins state and some of those non districting foes are powerhouses two divisions larger like WOS and Gilmer wouldn’t they at least be in the conversation? I’d think so. 

Heeeeellllllllllllllllll nall. 

2 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I’m not going to say they are up there with the ‘83 Tigers, but if Newton goes undefeated and wins state and some of those non districting foes are powerhouses two divisions larger like WOS and Gilmer wouldn’t they at least be in the conversation? I’d think so. 

No, just no. No team will ever repeat the dominance that Daingerfield displayed in 83. Many things factor into that. Take how the game has changed for instance. The days of everyone running the 3 yards and cloud of dust offenses are gone. Offenses now are set up to gain chunks upon chunks of yards, back then Daingerfield's unbelievably athletic defense was able to pin their ears back and come down hill at will. And resulted in them giving up just over 1 ft per play on the season. In todays game, that same defense would not hold the better teams offense to less than one yard per play on the season due to how the game has changed. So, even if Newton possessed the same type of athletes, they could never replicate the stats required to be on the same level as the 83 Tigers. Not to mention they didn't give up a single point to any team in 3A all year long, including the playoffs. Newton, isnt quite on their level of talent anyways. They are damn good for sure, but not 83 Tiger good.