Gilmer vs Paris

gilmerstar

55 minutes ago, oldbuckeye#62 said:

I saw the defense problem when traylor was here except the 2004 year, I just wished we could shut down a offense and not have to outscore them. say what you want but we do not have the defense that we should have. the name of the game is out score no matter how high you have to go. A great offense will win games but when you finally hit that team with lights out defense and you dont have one you are doomed. Game over.

You are spot on. A great defense is overrated, until you need one.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:00 PM, RedRed said:

Gilmer should win but it will be a game for 3 quarters. Gilmer needs to get back to being Gilmer. It seems like since the 2014 team Gilmers steam has waned. I think losing Traylor has had a lot to do with that. Of course programs come and go and Gilmer has had a great run and is still relevant, but just not the same bux.

I said that a long time ago traylor gone gilmer will become an average team in the near future

its starting to show.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mightyeagle said:

I said that a long time ago traylor gone gilmer will become an average team in the near future

its starting to show.

Gilmer will not be average The next 2 years after this. These Sophmores and Freshman are really good. 8 Sophmores on Varsity rite now and 5 get significant play time. Sophomore group have only lost games to Carthage and Nacodoches since 7th Grade..

2 hours ago, Hawkguy888 said:

I hope Gilmer beats Paris by 70 points. Wildcats are not disciplined and that’s coaching  

Hey Gilmer, watch out for face masks, late hits, and about every other personal foul you can imagine. 

Yep!  One of the dirtiest games I've seen played . I think it starts with the coaches for sure. # 33 for Paris should be put on notice. He was not only committing some of the penalties but he also encouraged them by clapping when the ref announced the calls. Maybe the coaches got it corrected. I also hope Gilmer beats the brakes off of Paris.

#33 should be put on notice for being a honors student and defying the odds. He holds down a job and excels in school. The majority of the Paris defense that you PG folks are calling thugs are honor students. We’re not proud of the face mask or the hitting out of bounds but that doesn’t give you guys reasons to call us Thugs! I happen to have a son on that field and he’s far from a thug just like the rest of our team. Maybe you should get to know our kids personally before you call them names and question their integrity 

• Like 2
  • Stinks 1

10 minutes ago, SilverCrush8 said:

#33 should be put on notice for being a honors student and defying the odds. He holds down a job and excels in school. The majority of the Paris defense that you PG folks are calling thugs are honor students. We’re not proud of the face mask or the hitting out of bounds but that doesn’t give you guys reasons to call us Thugs! I happen to have a son on that field and he’s far from a thug just like the rest of our team. Maybe you should get to know our kids personally before you call them names and question their integrity 

Where did anyone in this thread call anyone a thug?  I said undisciplined. And that’s exactly what they were. That’s not a personal attack on the kids, but more so on the coach. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SilverCrush8 said:

Did not hear any PG fan call the players thugs. They were calling the coaches irresponsible. With all due respect if you have a couple of personal fouls , that could be over anxious mindset by the players. Paris had 9 just on the defense. The 2 that were flagrant was the way late hit on the PG QB well after the whistle while he's just standing there. And the clobbering on the punt returner well before the ball was there. He wasn't blocked into him, he saw him, lowered his head and nailed him. I have watched both of those plays in slow motion. There was no over anxious excuse for those. The fact that both players got up and clapped about it is disgusting. I really hope the coaches corrected this.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Panther89 said:

Paris wins this game by at least two td's! Gilmer should have lost last week against Van, but somehow managed to squeak out a win! Not real sure how that happened, seeing as how Van controlled the game from start to finish!

Prediction:

Paris - 45

Gilmer - 31

I wouldnt say they controlled the game from start to finish we were down twice by 14 points and came back to take the lead. But if they kick the field goal they probably win. 

5 minutes ago, bluetopper said:

What happened Friday Paris vs Terrell? I read Paris forfeited.

Paris hasn't had a statement win against a perennial powerhouse program in I don't know when.

The game was cancelled after a long storm delay just 3 series into a scoreless first quarter.

Man I can see some of what PG fans were talking about. I know it was just a freshman game but u could hear the fans cursing way over on the home side and the coaches were acting crazy all of this while losing 38-16 lol. I just don’t get it if my kids team were down that bad I’m just gonna sit there and be quiet lol 

11 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Man I can see some of what PG fans were talking about. I know it was just a freshman game but u could hear the fans cursing way over on the home side and the coaches were acting crazy all of this while losing 38-16 lol. I just don’t get it if my kids team were down that bad I’m just gonna sit there and be quiet lol 

Yes 3 of them screaming profanities where everyone could hear them. Ridiculous 

It is possible that Gilmer MAY end up developing a better defense just because there are no longer any big name stars like in the past to rely upon so much.  In this type of scenario, most very good teams come together better and play as a group better to make up the difference or lack for an outstanding star on that side of the ball.  Argyle does it all the time......we don't have consistent star-quality players like Gilmer and Carthage does.....or even LE and some other teams.  Our teams are just well-coached and play together well for each other.

But I guess you could call last season's defensive MVP in 4A Chase Petter a star. He's a senior linbacker this season and had 5 sacks last week against La Vega......not sure how many tackles. Clearman is pretty salty from the safety spot too.....he had the 2nd most tackles to Petter last week and 2 TFL's.

Sounds to me like Paris has NOT played up to its potential by quite a margin this season so far......we all thought they would be very competitive in our district 7 D-1 to start the season.  Gilmer is always a question mark on defense early season.....so this game could be closer than most fans think.......IF Paris begins to play better.