Gladewater (3-0) @ Pleasant Grove (3-0)

BearFan13

Week 4  

108 members have voted

1. 1. who ya got?

• Gladewater
    • Pleasant Grove

While I certainly wish the outcome would have been different there’s no doubt that was one of the best high school games I have ever seen . After the interception I was thinking the Hawks had the win with 2 timeouts and 1:27 on the clock. The way the Hawks were running the ball and #9 was kicking it. Then the scoop score. I don’t how many times I said : Did that just happen? I’m sure Bear fans had the same feeling so when they got that last score the Bear fans erupted. Not just a win but a dramatic win for the Bears. 

Hey better to lose a game like that in the 4th week than the 4th round of the playoffs. This is not a bad loss for the Hawks. They really needed this gut check. First Game Ben has lost since he took over at QB. Time to see how he responds and rebounds.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

Got pumped up all over again watching that. What a great game !

Thanks for shareing the highlights, that was a great game, see the intensity, two equally teams and what a performance. I wish I was there to watch the game, PG hold your head up, y'all did great and will be a big factor in your District, so will GW. That kicker PG has can really kick, and GW you have a lot of weapons, dangerous with that balance attack. Likes the music in the highlights as well.

If anyone is interested, a full replay of this game is on YouTube. I don't know how to post links, but just put in Pleasant Grove vs Gladewater 2018 and it should come up.

A word of warning, the announcers got a lot of things wrong. Mostly just continuing to say it was the opening game of district, and they didn't know the kickoff fair catch rule. A few other things also, but still was great to watch the game again, especially knowing the ending.

Here's the link.

13 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

If anyone is interested, a full replay of this game is on YouTube. I don't know how to post links, but just put in Pleasant Grove vs Gladewater 2018 and it should come up.

A word of warning, the announcers got a lot of things wrong. Mostly just continuing to say it was the opening game of district, and they didn't know the kickoff fair catch rule. A few other things also, but still was great to watch the game again, especially knowing the ending.

Here's the link.

Took me a little while to finish but I finally made it through the entire game.  It was a pretty good ballgame and a good win for the Bears, but my biggest takeaway was the collective football knowledge of the two announcers.  It was nothing short of amazing 😂.  I have heard homer announcers before but these guys may have just took the top spot in my book. All they needed was a direct connection to both coaches for guidance on strategy and play calling, especially in the second half.  The game would have ended in a tie.

• Like 1

Man that was a big hit on #5 ,, announcer said "it looked like he was hit by a Lincoln"  Anyone notice #21 for the Hawks landed on his face mask and did a bounce flip? Looked like that hurt. I enjoyed watching most of that Game again! LOL! Glad they televised it. Didn't know district play started in week 4 LOL!

It was funny how little they actually knew about the game. I mean, even if they knew anything about the Hawks they would have known what district they we're in and that it wasn't a district game. I thought the fact they didn't know the fair catch rule was funny also. Even after the official put the ball at the 25, they still didn't catch on. It was, however, fun to watch again.

Thanks for posting the game. Enjoyed watching it. Both teams pretty evenly matched. I would say PG overall had the better looking players, but GW had some studs. Both teams were, for the most part, good tackling teams. Especially GW. I thought they did a good job of tackling and not letting PG bust big plays. This might have forced PG into some of the mistakes. #40 is a beast. We will see him on Saturdays in a few years. #8 on GW was the best offensive player on either team. Very smooth runner. Looked like a natural. #13 for GW made some plays. He is a good ball player. Got blocked some, but was always around when GW made a big play on D. PG kicker is unbelievable. Those kicks in the rain were as good as I have personally seen in HS. QB for PG not all that impressive. Heard some saying he is one of the best QB in ETX. I would have to disagree. Great player, but not a top tier talent in our area. Both teams can come away with their heads up in this one. PG cleans up the mistakes, they win. GW with a huge win. Has to build alot of confidence. GW has made huge improvements since last season. Both teams going to be trouble for teams in their division. As for the PG and Carthage game next week, PG is in trouble.

• Like 2