Carthage at Gilmer

HearEmaGrowlin

Carthage vs Gilmer  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2018 at 12:30 AM

The Gilmer program has gone down hill ever since Turner took over.  Most of the good coaches are gone and were replaced by local Gilmer guys.  Traylor left and Turner and the school board have allowed what Traylor built to be run into the ground.  Being ranked 5th is a joke, they should be 0-3 right now and looking at 0-5.  For all of you Turner supporters, ever wonder why Van didn't hire him some years back? Most people didn't mind the resources being poured into the athletic program as long as they were winning and dominant. Those days are long gone, all Gilmer is left with now is a mediocre program and HIGHER TAXES.  enjoy

• Like 1

I think the higher taxes are going to be because of the new high school. Don't blame football for that.

Football has always been a scapegoat for the tax rates, for sure, though. It's why it took three tries to get the bond issue passed. I understand your frustration about our property tax system in this state. We have the sixth highest property taxes in the nation and will probably rise to the top eventually.

I disagree about Coach Turner. As the successor to the legendary Jeff Traylor, he has done better than anyone could have expected to this point, ESPECIALLY considering the number of new coaches he's had to hire.

32 minutes ago, 36gut said:

I think the higher taxes are going to be because of the new high school. Don't blame football for that.

Football has always been a scapegoat for the tax rates, for sure, though. It's why it took three tries to get the bond issue passed. I understand your frustration about our property tax system in this state. We have the sixth highest property taxes in the nation and will probably rise to the top eventually.

I disagree about Coach Turner. As the successor to the legendary Jeff Traylor, he has done better than anyone could have expected to this point, ESPECIALLY considering the number of new coaches he's had to hire.

The money that could have been used to properly maintain the existing school was going to the athletic program and Rick Albritton's pocket.  It is still going to Albritton, which is a shame because the test scores are pretty bad especially at the lower levels. As for Turner hiring new coaches, it seems all he's done is hire ex Buckeyes and that's not working out very well.

8 minutes ago, Tatorhead said:

The money that could have been used to properly maintain the existing school was going to the athletic program and Rick Albritton's pocket.  It is still going to Albritton, which is a shame because the test scores are pretty bad especially at the lower levels. As for Turner hiring new coaches, it seems all he's done is hire ex Buckeyes and that's not working out very well.

You are stupid when talking bout the test scores we got a B rating and only a handful of schools got that around here. As far as the new school goes we needed it so stop being so cheap it’s people like you that wants to cheer the kids on when they are winning but don’t wanna step up and make sure they have a good future 

19 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

You are stupid when talking bout the test scores we got a B rating and only a handful of schools got that around here. As far as the new school goes we needed it so stop being so cheap it’s people like you that wants to cheer the kids on when they are winning but don’t wanna step up and make sure they have a good future 

Hey stupid, what did the elementary and intermediate score? I'll Wait.   And you calling someone cheap, you probably don't even own property to pay taxes on  

1 minute ago, Tatorhead said:

Hey stupid, what did the elementary and intermediate score? I'll Wait.   And you calling someone cheap, you probably don't even own property to pay taxes on  

Hey don’t get upset because ur kid is prolly one of the kids that needs the most help lol but if u got an issue with the team then don’t come to the game if u just gonna complain. If you feel so strongly against the coaches we got then go tell them and stop being a coward hiding behind a screen 

1 minute ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Hey don’t get upset because ur kid is prolly one of the kids that needs the most help lol but if u got an issue with the team then don’t come to the game if u just gonna complain. If you feel so strongly against the coaches we got then go tell them and stop being a coward hiding behind a screen 

Don't you have something to do, like maybe getting back to mowing Albritton's yard?