Carthage at Gilmer

HearEmaGrowlin

Carthage vs Gilmer  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2018 at 12:30 AM

Perhaps this thread needs to get back on track to the topic at hand. If someone has a personal agenda with the Gilmer school board, fine, but this isn’t the place for it. Back to the game, Carthage seems to be rolling right along and building steam. Hopefully Gilmer will figure some things out this week, but in all honesty, probably should have already been. Unusual position they are in. But hey, that predistrict schedule would be tough for anyone. I think the best thing they can do at this point is to finally name the Sophomore as the starting QB. The OL seemed to have issues against Van, and in the first half last week against Paris. Need those corrected THIS week. Defense seemed ok against Paris for the most part, and I don’t think anyone thought Gilmer would be held to 21 points. The next 2 games will have to be about finding yourself and staying healthy for district. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I think his knee was bothering him the one that he had surgery on this summer 

I’d love to see him against Carthage but I’d rather him be healthy for District.  If that means we don’t get to see him then it’s best.  Carthage has a few defensive players banged up also but we are fortunate to have depth and our young players are stepping up and playing well.  Looking forward to our annual game with the Buckeyes.

• Like 2

I too think Hurt should be the starting QB.  But Gilmer has to open up the offense. This year they have been very conservative in the passing game.  If they push the ball downfield more, it will help the running game. 

I'd sit Webb for this one.  Gilmer will have its hands full with district, and Webb will need to be 100% by then. Take the lumps, play as many sophomores as possible, and get ready for district. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CasualObserver70 said:

I too think Hurt should be the starting QB.  But Gilmer has to open up the offense. This year they have been very conservative in the passing game.  If they push the ball downfield more, it will help the running game. 

I'd sit Webb for this one.  Gilmer will have its hands full with district, and Webb will need to be 100% by then. Take the lumps, play as many sophomores as possible, and get ready for district. 

I agree. I said before the season started they would rely on the run game more while breaking in a new QB, but it seems Hurt really seems to be doing ok when he is allowed to. Again, I agree if you aren’t 100%, no need to risk further injury. Three weeks before district. Time to open that offense up!

like I said Gilmer is no mo, lik the man said Turner jus putting bodies in coaches slots they oline that was suppose to be big an bad, cant block me like I said gilmer is no mo all the gilmer folks know  it dats why they aint on here no mor, Dawgs can play they 2s and beat gilmer lik a man told me over ther Turner will tear down what traylor built, took him a few yers but he did it sad sad, caus I was a fan. dawgs could be gilmer 70 to nuttn but Surratt wont do it tho

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 5:30 PM, JasperDawg said:

Ewwww! A loss to Carthage then a loss to Newton after that. 3 game losing streak a rare thing in Gilmer.

Last Friday        
Newton 21            

WOS 7

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 5:30 PM, JasperDawg said:

Ewwww! A loss to Carthage then a loss to Newton after that. 3 game losing streak a rare thing in Gilmer.

11 hours ago, BadWolf said:

like I said Gilmer is no mo, lik the man said Turner jus putting bodies in coaches slots they oline that was suppose to be big an bad, cant block me like I said gilmer is no mo all the gilmer folks know  it dats why they aint on here no mor, Dawgs can play they 2s and beat gilmer lik a man told me over ther Turner will tear down what traylor built, took him a few yers but he did it sad sad, caus I was a fan. dawgs could be gilmer 70 to nuttn but Surratt wont do it tho

I would hate to see Gilmer become just a mediocre team, with it’s heyday far behind it. The Buc’s have always been that Yardstick against which other schools were measured against. I mean, this team has Always been a tough nut to crack, & has built a reputation of being one of the best coached & disciplined teams that you had to face in order to advance to the playoffs. It will be sad to see this Dynasty relegated to being something less than we have always seen.

22 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I would hate to see Gilmer become just a mediocre team, with it’s heyday far behind it. The Buc’s have always been that Yardstick against which other schools were measured against. I mean, this team has Always been a tough nut to crack, & has built a reputation of being one of the best coached & disciplined teams that you had to face in order to advance to the playoffs. It will be sad to see this Dynasty relegated to being something less than we have always seen.

I don't think it will. Like I said earlier, they just seem to be in a weird spot. I DO think the change in coaching staff has something to do with it; however, the main cogs other than the Traylors remain. They still run the same offense and defense, but the intensity just doesn't seem yo be there. Used to be, you messed up, you were held accountable and someone was in your face. That isn't the case anymore. It's more like "that's ok, we will get them next time". That's soft. You are treated soft, you will play soft. That needs to end, but Turner isn't that type of guy. Unfortunately, I think he's just too nice. At any rate, the next two games could be really bad, but again, this team is very young. The young players that everyone has been waiting on to get to this level are just now coming in and getting their chance. I think this schedule will help them to grow and become the players everyone knows they can be. Should they have lost to Paris, No, but they did. Hopefully they learned from it and will continue to get better. They aren't going anywhere, and the next few years will be fun. 

Unless we come out on fire in this one, Carthage will run away with it early.  We have yet to find our identity offensively.  We lack the explosiveness on offense we've had in the past.  While our defense is better this season than the last two, it still has weaknesses that are exposed weekly.  No longer can we just go out and outscore our opponents at will.  We will have to rely on our defense more so now than at any time in the last couple of decades.  We will have to put the "black" back into our "Black Flag Defense".

We will get better.  I just don't know whether we will get where we need to be quickly enough.  I will be there to back them anyway.

• Like 1

I'm at every game rain or shine no matter which year. Trust me I am supporting them regardless of the scores each week. It might be hard to watch some weeks but I'm there. Anything can happen with the Buckeyes that is for sure. They will get it figured out. I just hope it's before district lol.

11 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Us Dawg fans have never heard that before, what we have heard many times (6 times) state champs and as bad as it makes you feel, the Dawgs May win number 7. 

You made 3 or 4 of my buddies on the Carthage coaching staff have a good laugh. Good job 

18 hours ago, BadWolf said:

Gilmer will be good the 2 seasons after this year..